Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Talking Muppets Ride Through Or Attraction (other Than 3d)

Well now that Disney has re-purchased the Muppets after selling them to some German company.......would you want to see some type of Muppets ride through? Think of all the AA they could create with each character! I would pay to see an audio animatronic of the Mana mana song!!!!

Re: Muppets Ride Through Or Attraction (other Than 3d)

For some reason, I never liked the muppets. I just didn;t care much for them. But they are very colorful and friendly looking, and kids love em.

I'm sure kids would love it if they did a Muppets ride. I don;t think it'll happen though.

• I <3 Clarinet.

It would be a dream come true to see a ride-through Muppets attraction. I was enthralled with the Muppet Babies and Muppet Show when they were in reruns on Nick Jr. and am quite disappointed the only way to reconnect with them are on my trips up to DCA.

The Hollywood Pictures Backlot would be a lovely place to have a Great Muppet Movie ride.

I'd love a Muppet ride. I grew up watching The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, and the various Muppet movies. Hell, I owe several of these on DVD and still watch them periodically in my advanced age.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I'm down for it!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Monorail Racer

I'd love to see a Muppets ride through attraction. The Muppets are popular characters by kids and adults and I'm sure they could come up with some interesting ideas. How about a boat ride through of some kind? Just to mix up the type of rides at DCA. I'd love to see what they might come up with.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

I may be the minority here, but I like the theatre version. I've always liked both, the Opera House Theatre and the Muppet Theatre because they look like real classy theatres. I love the Muppet's big red curtain, how they set up the show with the orchestra and loud music. Sure, I'm not too fond of Waldo, but the show always makes me laugh. If they did make it a ride-through it would have to as funny or funnier for me to enjoy. But I don't know how you can make comedy with Audio-Animatronics. I'd much rather enjoy a new film (without Waldo).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    I may be the minority here, but I like the theatre version. I've always liked both, the Opera House Theatre and the Muppet Theatre because they look like real classy theatres. I love the Muppet's big red curtain, how they set up the show with the orchestra and loud music. Sure, I'm not too fond of Waldo, but the show always makes me laugh. If they did make it a ride-through it would have to as funny or funnier for me to enjoy. But I don't know how you can make comedy with Audio-Animatronics. I'd much rather enjoy a new film (without Waldo).
    Actually, I agree with you (excluding the Waldo thing lol).

I think the Muppets show is one of the best attractions DCA has to offer. I'd rather Disney invest in more original ideas, or simply attractions they could develop with characters they have not used yet, etc.

• Senior Minion

Does anyone else remember the short-lived "Here Come the Muppets" stage show that ran at Disney MGM for a short while? It was pretty well done.

The pre-show had Rolf singing the great Groucho Marx song, "Lydia the Tattooed Lady".

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Well now that Disney has re-purchased the Muppets after selling them to some German company.......would you want to see some type of Muppets ride through? Think of all the AA they could create with each character! I would pay to see an audio animatronic of the Mana mana song!!!!

I posted on another thread
    I think they should rip out HISTA and put a muppet show in there (3-D).
    Something like Pigs in Space but w/ the fab 5 included.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Once upon a time, there were plans for "The Great Muppet Ride":

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Movie_Ride:

When Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3D attraction opened at the Disney-MGM Studios two years after the park's opening, the area surrounding the attraction was going to be developed into a Muppets-themed zone, with another attraction in the area being The Great Muppet Ride, featuring Muppets such as Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy re-enacting scenes from famous movies. Again, budget cuts at the stalling theme park forced the idea for a Muppets land to be scrapped, along with the Great Muppet Ride.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Does anyone else remember the short-lived "Here Come the Muppets" stage show that ran at Disney MGM for a short while? It was pretty well done.

The pre-show had Rolf singing the great Groucho Marx song, "Lydia the Tattooed Lady".
    I remember seeing it many moons ago.

FYI... Kermit sang that same song in season 1 of the Muppet Show (which you can get on DVD).

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Loved it. Especially the Monorail gag. When "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" opened, the show was moved to the backlot at the base of New York Street. But it really didn't compare to the indoor version.

Also, I understand it cost Disney MILLIONS to remove the monorail connection to that theater in the Studios.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• I can't stand you.

I'd love to see a muppet dark ride either in DL or DCA something well done maybe like the spiderman ride at USO because as mentioned above it would be rather difficult to transfer the muppet comedy through AA's so maybe a combination of a quality 3D fild (that means you waldo) and some muppet chaos happening all around

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Well now that Disney has re-purchased the Muppets after selling them to some German company......
    Technically Disney only purchased the muppets once, so they didn't "re-purchase them".

In short, here's the history:

German based EM.TV, purchased the muppets and other Jim Henson Characters in 2000 for $680 million.

German EM.TV sold some of the Henson assets, including Sesame Street rights for about $200 million.

German EM.TV then sold the remaining muppets back to Jim Henson Co.( Henson's 2 sons and 3 daughters.) The muppets included The Muppet Babies, The Fraggles, Farscape, The Hoobs and Bear in the Big Blue House, and the Muppets of the Muppet Shows. (In 2003)

In 2004, Jim Henson Co. sold the Muppets of the Muppet show, Muppet Babies and Bear in the Big Blue House to Disney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast