Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• FastPass n00b

Belle's countryside outfit

I've seen Belle in her countryside outfit (that blue and white one), I think at other Disney parks, but has anyone seen her in this outfit around Disneyland? The big yellow dress is great for Fantasmic and special occasions, but I'd really like to see her wearing this outfit more around the park. Don't get me wrong, she should definitely wear the yellow dress around the park too, that's how people best know her, but I'd like to see the countryside outfit thrown into the mix once in a while.

I know there was a post a while back about Ariel's countryside outfit too, where she has legs and can walk around, and I'd kind of like to see that one in the park as well. There's got to be an alternate countryside outfit for these characters at Disneyland, right?

• For You!

Re: Belle's countryside outfit

I've only seen her in the big yellow dress.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Shubisha

it's sorta reversed between the parks

you see it at WDW all the time and rarely see the yellow dress(Except fantasmic and the stage show ending).

at DL we see the yellow dress all the time

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

They won't put Ariel in her pink dress because Aurora has to wear her pink dress because Cinderella has to wear her blue dress which in reality should be white/silver

I did a whole rant on this on my myspace.

Hmm...and if Ariel wore her dress from when she paints the town with Eric, she would look too much like Belle from her countryside dress. So, Ariel ends up in an aqua dress that she never wore in the film at Ariel's Grotto. It's pretty and all, but...gah. Good thing Ariel is the only one with red hair. Cindy and Aurora get mixed up all the time.

My suggestion? Put Cindy in her real colors so that the other princesses can be free to roam in more dresses!

• Defying gravity

A little but.....why does Aurora have a PURPLE dress in Parade of Dreams? In Sleeping Beauty, Flora puts Aurora in the pink and Merryweather puts her in the blue - SHE IS NEVER IN PURPLE. Yet, I see continue to see Aurora in purple.

And, isn't Cinderella's dress in the movie white? Sometimes you see her in blue....

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    A little but.....why does Aurora have a PURPLE dress in Parade of Dreams? In Sleeping Beauty, Flora puts Aurora in the pink and Merryweather puts her in the blue - SHE IS NEVER IN PURPLE. Yet, I see continue to see Aurora in purple.

And, isn't Cinderella's dress in the movie white? Sometimes you see her in blue....
    maybe it's just a man thing
    but that way too many dresses to keep track of
    Sounds like a prom gone bad (did you see so and so, they are wearing the same dress)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Queen Elsa

I have seen Belle in her red and white Christmas dress at Disneyland 2 years ago. If you look at my picture with Ariel you see the Aqua dress.

• Banned User

I've seen Belle in the countryside outfit at DCA many times.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've pondered this as well. I figure they were trying to represent the two faries clashing with each other...so they met in-between?

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    I've pondered this as well. I figure they were trying to represent the two faries clashing with each other...so they met in-between?
    It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I think it does turn purple (among many blue and pink spots) in the movie when they both shoot the dress at the same time. It's kind of funny that they made it this color in real life though, kind of a living homage to the funny scene in the movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I think it does turn purple (among many blue and pink spots) in the movie when they both shoot the dress at the same time. It's kind of funny that they made it this color in real life though, kind of a living homage to the funny scene in the movie.
    lol actually it turned half pink and half blue. Then Flora goes, "Oooooh now look at what you've done!" while Merryweather just stand there in surprise.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Hehe, I actually liked the purple dress Aroura wore, it's like a compromise for all the fans who fight over which dress is better.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Former Epcot CM

Yep. Never seen her in yellow at WDW. Too much blue and white there.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Creative Director

When designing Live shows and parades, artistic licencse can be taken with the image and design of the characters.
    Disney strives for the walt arounds to look as dead on as possible from the film in terms of what they wear, but parade/shows lend themselves to the possbilibity to take what is originally there and embellish it. It becomes more a part of a big theatrical spectacle that comes toghether, so that articistic license in how the characters and their world look need to be taken into affect to give the show something beyond what you normally seen. it is really just a chance to taken the familiar and make it more original, fancy, and over the top.

and Aurorua's dress does switch from blue to pink, which can come together with deifferent fabrics to create purple tones.

Belle is only seen in her blue dress at Goofy's Kitchen, when she appears there, and in the park when it is raining or under sixty degrees. In order to make her look like the princess emblazoned on the merchandise, Disneyland keeps her in her ballgown as much as possible. The same holds true for Mary Poppins, whose default costume is her Jolly Holiday dress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast