Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Exclamation If You Have Stayed At the Candy Cane Inn....

I was just wondering if anyone who has stayed at the CCI has booked online and found that their rates change daily. Random rate changes have not happened to me in the past. I'm trying to book for mid-November in a standard room. On day, it showed a rate of $99 dollars with a AAA discount. Now, the room is not available for the first night that I want (which I understand could be booked) - but what I don't understand is the the rate for the rest of the nights I wanted went up!!! I guess I should book the deluxe room at the AAA discount of $114 before the prices go up even more!!!!!! Also, do you think that CCI would honor the AAA discount in November - we are staying there for 4 nights and leaving 2 days before Thanksgiving. Sometimes I book thinking that I'm getting a AAA discount, only to find that I am in busy season and they will not honor AAA rates.

Sorry - this is such a long post - but thanks for any info!!!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: If You Have Stayed At the Candy Cane Inn....

Yes, you will find that on different days, you will be quoted different rates.

Even when we stay at the DL Hotel, we have to call three or four times (for the same dates) until we get the best rate. Oooops! I just gave up one of our "tricks of the trade".

Enjoy!

Yup. Hotels, like airlines, have rates that not only change daily, but sometimes many different times during the day.

If you're set on staying at that hotel, I'd book now (if they have a decent cancelation policy) and continue to call every few days to see if they have any special rates available. If a cheaper rate comes up, book the new rate and cancel the old one. I got my room at WDW down to $55 a night when I had it booked originally for $109.

Also, you can download Travelaxe at travelaxe.com. It's a cool free program (Windows only) that compares many different hotel reservation sites at once.

• Found my prince!

I stayed there in June and had a different rate for the first day then the same rate fo rthe next days. They should honor AAA but you could always call and ask. I would make your reservation and keep checking. I did and each time I checked the rate went up. It was nice they have free breakfast each morning and a shuttle running every half hour. Always ate breakfast before we went to the park. Some days there was no place to sit so we would take the tray from the room and get our food and go back to the room. I would stay there again.

This happens at hotel a lot. Rate changes usually friday-sunday.
    I'm staying at the Best WEstern on Harbor Blvd AT the crosswalk to Disney. About $89 + breakfast. I'll let you know how it goes.they say it's the closest you can stay without being on property.
    Janette

I am a very frequent guest at Candy Cane. Often times, if the lower AAA or internet rate shows NA,
    if you call the hotel they will book you at the rate.
    They only allocate some much rooms 'inventory' for the rates..but I call and get the lower rates. Also, check travelhero.com...they usually have the lower rate for the candy cane also.

• I love Mulholland Madness

We always stay at CCI, and even if I have an inkling that we're going to DLR, I book the room immediately. They have a very good cancellation policy (I think 48 hrs in advance?). That way you are covered and can get the best rate!
    Be Nice or Leave

• xmanmom

Oooh, I am so excited we are actually staying at CCI for our first time in August. Originally my fiance told me to book a standard room but then he reconsidered and told me I could book a deluxe room! We were even offered a place to stay for free (a friend has a house nearby and said we could stay there) and we turned it down in order to check out this much-talked-about hotel. I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo
    Oooh, I am so excited we are actually staying at CCI for our first time in August. Originally my fiance told me to book a standard room but then he reconsidered and told me I could book a deluxe room! We were even offered a place to stay for free (a friend has a house nearby and said we could stay there) and we turned it down in order to check out this much-talked-about hotel. I really hope it lives up to my expectations.
    You'll love CCI. The deluxe room really isn't that much different than a standard room - it's just a little bit bigger, which is nice. CCI has a nice free continental breakfast. The best part of CCI is their shuttle that runs every 30 min. Yep, CCI has their own shuttle even though it's only a 5-7 min. walk. I would hate to use the Anaheim Resort shuttles.

We've stayed at CCI 4 times now. We might stay at PPH this Nov., but only if we can get a good rate. I'm just curious about staying on property. Otherwise, it's Candy Cane for us!!

Enjoy your trip!!!

To those who've stayed at CCI- is there internet access and is it free and is it Wi-fi? I'd like to bring my laptop but I'm not hauling it across the country if I can't use it.

• I love Mulholland Madness

Smile Re: If You Have Stayed At the Candy Cane Inn....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyamber
    To those who've stayed at CCI- is there internet access and is it free and is it Wi-fi? I'd like to bring my laptop but I'm not hauling it across the country if I can't use it.
    Yes, they have free Wi-Fi.
    Be Nice or Leave

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeia
    Yes, they have free Wi-Fi.
    thank you

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    You'll love CCI. The deluxe room really isn't that much different than a standard room - it's just a little bit bigger, which is nice. CCI has a nice free continental breakfast. The best part of CCI is their shuttle that runs every 30 min. Yep, CCI has their own shuttle even though it's only a 5-7 min. walk. I would hate to use the Anaheim Resort shuttles.
    Yeah, we mostly got the deluxe room for the 2pm check out and the breakfast delivered to the room. My future sister-in-law is flying in from Indiana to meet us in San Diego...the Disneyland jaunt is a surprise. We will pick her up at the airport and drive immediately to DLR and do a commando day since we have SD Shakespeare Festival tix for the rest of our trip. So, we thought it would be nice to be able to sleep in after such a crazy day...flying cross-county AND being ambushed with your first ever Disneyland trip all in one day! We plan on walking to and from the hotel...but the shuttles might come in handy toward closing time.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyamber
    One thing to be aware of. They DO have free wi-fi access but they do NOT allow you VPN access, should you require that , as I do, when I stay there for business trips. Of course, pleasure trips, are a different animal. I don't have to access work servers when I'm on pleasure trips.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Only by the hour..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast