Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Question AP Rates For DLR Hotels.......

Has anyone ever gotten good deals on DLR hotels w/ AP rates????? Disneyland.com/ap never seems to advertise the rates. Should I call up and ask? I'd probably be going around Nov. 18 for 3 or 4 nights. We'd leave two days before Thanksgiving. I'm curious about the DLR hotels, but I don't want to pay the rack rates or waste my valuable DVC pts.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: AP Rates For DLR Hotels.......

The website and the AP newsletter occassionally do promote the AP rates. They usually go from $79-$119/night for weekdays and about $129 for friday and sat nights.

We stay for the Thanksgiving week and the past three years have paid $89-$119/night for the week, including self-parking. And thanks to the kind CM's, we usually get "bumped" up to the 9th floor of the Sierra Tower, which overlooks DTD, DCA and the DL fireworks. And of course, there's always the added benefit of being able to see the baseball diamond on top of the ESPN Zone! LOL

At those rates, it doesn't pay to stay "off-property" (at least for us).

Enjoy!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    The website and the AP newsletter occassionally do promote the AP rates. They usually go from $79-$119/night for weekdays and about $129 for friday and sat nights.

We stay for the Thanksgiving week and the past three years have paid $89-$119/night for the week, including self-parking. And thanks to the kind CM's, we usually get "bumped" up to the 9th floor of the Sierra Tower, which overlooks DTD, DCA and the DL fireworks. And of course, there's always the added benefit of being able to see the baseball diamond on top of the ESPN Zone! LOL

At those rates, it doesn't pay to stay "off-property" (at least for us).

Enjoy!
    Wow, were those rates for PPH, DLH, or GCH? Are there always AP rates available? I've been an AP holder for about two years....it's j/ never occurred to me to check rates unless DL promotes them on the AP website.

• Minion

We used to stay at PPH or DLH every trip for $79 - $119. The last few times that I called to get AP rates they were either just a 10% discount or already sold out. Timing is the key. If you call too early then they may not have the offer avaialble yet, if you wait they may be sold out. Give them a call though, you never know what they've got.

• A Pirate's life for me!

This past year, the AP rates have been harder to come by (for obvious reasons), but they have still been available.

Prior to the 50th festivities, we were ALWAYS able to get the low rates, even with short notice.

It's kind of like a crap shoot...You never know what you'll get.

Just keep trying!

• Defying gravity

Thanks for the tips! With those rates, I would pay the same for a DLR hotel as I would for an offsite hotel.........

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    This past year, the AP rates have been harder to come by (for obvious reasons), but they have still been available.

Prior to the 50th festivities, we were ALWAYS able to get the low rates, even with short notice.

It's kind of like a crap shoot...You never know what you'll get.

Just keep trying!
    I don't know if the CM I talked to the other day didn't understand
    but when I asked for AP rates
    She went on about other discounts
    I re asked again and said AP and she said "oh" and gave me "AP rates"
    I don't think they were...they sound a little to standard to me
    She quoted $216 for cityview in DLand Hotel.
    Anyone have keywords they use to get a better deal?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

A little info on 'AP rates':

Disney offers AP discounts year 'round. It's approx 10% off for the most part. And then there are the spotlight offers they have from time to time. A lot of AP'ers that call to book rooms don't really know that there is a difference.

All you have to do is keep an eye out for the good ones. Call central reservations every so often and ask! Or you can check out the next AP newsletter and see what they've got...(hint, hint!)

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by MsNikkiCole
    A little info on 'AP rates':

Disney offers AP discounts year 'round. It's approx 10% off for the most part. And then there are the spotlight offers they have from time to time. A lot of AP'ers that call to book rooms don't really know that there is a difference.

All you have to do is keep an eye out for the good ones. Call central reservations every so often and ask! Or you can check out the next AP newsletter and see what they've got...(hint, hint!)
    good to know
    because I've never heard $89 quoted to me like the newsletter always says.
    But then again..when I call, they say they are all gone (but I generally call during the busy times and about a month ahead of time)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Still wants to be a cat!

Heck, call your Travel Agent...We usually can beat the AP rates!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Heck, call your Travel Agent...We usually can beat the AP rates!

When you say "we"
    you mean you?
    So you could get a good rate?

The prob. is, as an AP all the package deals have tickets in them
    Why do I need tickets
    Therefore, AP miss out on the good deals.
    I know the have a new AP section for deals...but they don't seem to be all that great.
    They add the breakfast morning and a buch of other crap and it raises the price (and what's given isn't worth the raise...I starting to think there's not even a breakfast..they cleverly word it so it sounds like you get one)

Add on: I know travel agents get good prices. An aquaintance of mine (he's a friend of my friend) bragged all time how he could get good deals...never offered me one..just liked shoving it in my face)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    When you say "we"
    you mean you?
    So you could get a good rate?

The prob. is, as an AP all the package deals have tickets in them
    Why do I need tickets
    Therefore, AP miss out on the good deals.
    I know the have a new AP section for deals...but they don't seem to be all that great.
    They add the breakfast morning and a buch of other crap and it raises the price (and what's given isn't worth the raise...I starting to think there's not even a breakfast..they cleverly word it so it sounds like you get one)
    Not true. Just means you're calling the wrong line and/or getting the wrong info. There are two departments in the Travel Sales Center.

One of them is Walt Disney Travel Company which does do packages and normally requires minimum 2 nt stay with 2day park hoppers at least UNLESS you are an AP - at which point they do have Magic packages that they can book for you waiving the ticket minimum.

The second department is Central Room Reservations which is room only and we can add tickets if you need or dining or whatever. Basically a build your own package so to speak. Central Room Res. is the department that offers the AP spotlight rates, not the Travel Company. And it depends on the season, hotel, how busy, etc., etc., as to when and how much the offers are. Sometimes they don't even put them out until a week or two before. Not to mention that alot of times, the discounted rates are for only one of the three hotels; not all of them. You just have to be willing to take them when & where you can get them.

As far as availability goes, they only set aside a certain # of rooms to offer at a particular rate. Once they're gone, they're gone.

As far as travel agents go (your friend in particular), he could have been getting rates for himself, which Disney does offer industry rates, but they cannot get them for others. They have to be traveling in order to show their industry i.d. upon check in. So maybe he wasn't being rude by not offering, he just knew it wasn't possible.

If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer!

"WHY is the rum always gone???"

• Defying gravity

So, what are my chances like of getting an AP rate for November 18 - November 22 (4 nights - checking out on the 22nd).????? We're leaving DL and returning home two days BEFORE THANKSGIVING. I would think that this would be a fairly uncrowded time - am I right?

Also, in the AP newsletter, I have not seen rates for the DLR hotels advertised recently. It j/ says "AP nights - check for availability" in the discounts/special offers section.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    So, what are my chances like of getting an AP rate for November 18 - November 22 (4 nights - checking out on the 22nd).????? We're leaving DL and returning home two days BEFORE THANKSGIVING. I would think that this would be a fairly uncrowded time - am I right?

Also, in the AP newsletter, I have not seen rates for the DLR hotels advertised recently. It j/ says "AP nights - check for availability" in the discounts/special offers section.
    Your chances are fairly good to get AP rates - the standard discounted ones anyway. As far as the low, low rates they sometimes offer, I'd say don't count on it. Not on a holiday week. Even though it's two days before the holiday, it's still a holiday week and alot of people take off the entire week. However, Disney can surprise us!

As far as not seeing any advertised recently, I don't know about that BUT the hint is to check the NEXT one coming out.

Also, as far as never getting the rates they advertise, maybe it's not the right dates you need? They do tend to offer them for certain dates only when they do it, for example, Sun-Thurs and not the weekends or something like that.

"WHY is the rum always gone???"

• Defying gravity

Do you have to pay for parking at the DLR hotels? (Parking is free at WDW hotels...) It is really a long walk to DL park and DCA from the DLH and PPH?

Also, does anyone have (or know of a site where I can find) good pics of the DLR hotel rooms? Besides what is officially on disneyland.com.........
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 07-08-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast