Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    so your saying its better to see fake fish then real fish? It will add more realism to the ride....which is imfamous for having obsolete show effects. so with REAL fish, well anything that is REAL never really turns Obsolete
    indeed

I find a convincing fake fish much more impressive the a normal real fish

I go to Disneyland to see/do things that I can't do elsewere I've seen real fish and there would be no since of adventure or discovery to the ride at all (not that I wouldn't mind that, I'd love it in Epcot or Seaworld but that's up against a different lineup)

I wouldn't enjoy the dead fish and I can only imagine how much stress the fish would have from subs going past them evey couple min (and fish taht are stressed don't live long and tend to smack agains the tank alot)

I can imagine a few hitting the propeller and yeah o_o the dead fish wouldn't be fun to look at

I dunno just realing up the subs will never work right it's best that they're kept somewhat adventurest

if I want to see underwater I'll either go in a real sub or I'll do the smartest thing and that is to go to an aquarium were I can either look through the side of the tank or something amazing like seaworld were I go UNDER the tank and look up (for me this tops the subs anyday being totaly immersed like that is just awsome)

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I can imagine a few hitting the propeller and yeah o_o the dead fish wouldn't be fun to look at
    While a few fish may very well hit the propellers, I dont think it would be that much of a problem. you dont see dead fish trailing (bigger) boats in the ocean, which have much larger propellers.

And the show idea that would be more probable would contain these fishes to the ''plastic boxes'' that they plan on putting the nemo effects in. If they were to put real fish in, and theme the spiel to Discovering, instead of cartoony NEMO which belongs more in ToonTown then in Tomorrowland. Sure, its good that the subs will be back. But you know that disney management is bad when you could ride the neglected ride in its current state and it would (Probably) be a better ride.

The Submarine Voyage was one of walt disney's creations.Why cant they just refurbish the ride to reaffirm walt disney's vision of a Voyage of Exploration thru liquid space? ITs like saying if they closed the Jungle Cruise down, then 7 years later they re-open it with a Lion King overlay. Would you rather see a lion king overlay, or have them put real animals, matching each fake animatronic with its real animal counterpart, and call it the Jungle Cruise, or would you rather have them have 'updated show effects' with the Lion King

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Now, if the Sub budget included enough money to make it viable to do a seasonal overlay, fine. Have the official Tomorrowland holiday be Earth Day, and have Nemo... oh, I dunno, guide us through an example of a civilization destroyed because of its poor relationship to the environment, melting polar icecaps, creatures that have mutated as a result of pollution, yadda yadda yadda. But as a permanent attraction, Adding Nemo just doesn't have the chops.
    oh yeah- I come over a thousand miles, pay a fortune all to see one of my childhood favorites turned into an enviornmental guilt trip.

I don't think so.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I'm hoping they do a wise overlay, overall I'd say that Nemo isn't hte most exciting character but then I look at what good writing and ideas did for Pooh over at TDL.
    Again, aside from Nemo actually being a boring character, as well as most of the supporting cast... Pooh benefits mostly from its new and innovative vehicle. Nemo won't have that. All it will have are gigantically out-of-scale cartoon fish where they don't belong.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    oh yeah- I come over a thousand miles, pay a fortune all to see one of my childhood favorites turned into an enviornmental guilt trip.

I don't think so.
    Yeah... I had the sarcasm meter in the red with that one. I mean, as much as I love Epcot, this is Tomorrowland we're talking about, and edutainment really isn't right for the land.

I'm just having a lot of trouble reconciling Nemo with this attraction, no matter how I wrap my brain around it.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Original Mice-Chatter

Yeah... I had the sarcasm meter in the red with that one. I mean, as much as I love Epcot, this is Tomorrowland we're talking about, and edutainment really isn't right for the land.

I'm just having a lot of trouble reconciling Nemo with this attraction, no matter how I wrap my brain around it.
    LOL- I hope so!

Whatever the result- really! I am still looking forward to the day I can once again descend into the belly of the steel monster and view the underwater world. The Subs are one of the reasons I am as addicted to the oceans as I am now- it began my love of Mermaids.....

I must have it back!

• Old Timer

NO Nemo for our Subs!

But I would be interested in the Aquatopia GPS system used on new cars as in the new Pixar film "Cars" that are NOT, repeat, NOT bumper cars.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Banned User

I want a 50th. revamped Submarine Voyage instead of Finding nemo!

• Merry 2014!

what do y'all think of the fab five all dressed in diving gear, and/or in those submersive bubbles, you know all jaques custou(?) like, taking us on a journey through the ocean. pointing out the coral reefs. having a mermaid flirt with mickey. minnie leaving in a huff only to encounter the dreaded sea serpent. goofy tries to save her but you know, he's goofy. donald tries to tell mickey about the danger, yet mickey has a hard time understanding donald's accent. finally, mickey hears minnie's cries and rushes to the climax, trident in hand, to save the defenseless minnie. when he gets there he is amazed to find that the sea serpent is none other than an old college roomate and frat brother. mickey and his friend start chatting while minnie grabs the trident and firmly jabs both serpent and mickey in the posterior. minnie grabs daisy and decides to return to dry land for a good bit of shopping and a spa treatment. I think this is way better than nemo and you can keep all the classic submarine elements. :P
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    what do y'all think of the fab five all dressed in diving gear, and/or in those submersive bubbles, you know all jaques custou(?) like, taking us on a journey through the ocean. pointing out the coral reefs. having a mermaid flirt with mickey. minnie leaving in a huff only to encounter the dreaded sea serpent. goofy tries to save her but you know, he's goofy. donald tries to tell mickey about the danger, yet mickey has a hard time understanding donald's accent. finally, mickey hears minnie's cries and rushes to the climax, trident in hand, to save the defenseless minnie. when he gets there he is amazed to find that the sea serpent is none other than an old college roomate and frat brother. mickey and his friend start chatting while minnie grabs the trident and firmly jabs both serpent and mickey in the posterior. minnie grabs daisy and decides to return to dry land for a good bit of shopping and a spa treatment. I think this is way better than nemo and you can keep all the classic submarine elements. :P
    Well, at least it's real Disney, and not a Disney presentation of a Pixar ride.

-- Walt Disney

• Merry 2014!

point
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    Sounds like it would make a great animated short. Too bad WDFA is no longer in the business of making those.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Again, aside from Nemo actually being a boring character, as well as most of the supporting cast... Pooh benefits mostly from its new and innovative vehicle. Nemo won't have that. All it will have are gigantically out-of-scale cartoon fish where they don't belong.

Pooh in Tokyo has a bit more then just the innovative ride vehical behind it

looking at videos of it I've noticed even the ceilings in that ride are themed, many of the effects are designed to come out at you and best of all the characters all move (presented as projections or animatronics)

compare this with DL's Pooh which has very shallow sets that are blatnatly flat, the effects are all very minor and subtle nothing really jumps out at you or seems to notice you (unless you count the darkride doors?) and top the whole thing off with static non moving characters

storytelling as alot to do with the quality of ride, story/theming/effects/vehical they're all important in their own way and they all need to work well

Nemo can effectivly be told from a submarine and it works well (perhaps a submarine ride through a coral reef?) Nemo might fit better then you think especialy if they give the whole thing some really bright colors

I pretty much expect the outside to become coral and the ship graveyard to be reworked for Bruce, the rest of it I hope gets gutted or at least reworked more fully for whatever new scene it is that they plan (maybe in the darkness we'll meet a fanglyfish or whatever that light thing was and then emerge into a swarm of jellyfish with some awsome electricity effects?)

you might be amazed how well they'll be able to do this (water and oatmeal at least I say and if Disney does really well maybe it'll be water and instant hot chocolate)

• the subs were cool maan

According to numerous updates (disney forever) it seems that they are REMOVING the scenery from the lagoon. Does anybody else find this strange? they wait till the last minute, then all of a sudden hurry up and clear the lagoon. Anyone else think they might be packing a suprise opening for July 17th, 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    According to numerous updates (disney forever) it seems that they are REMOVING the scenery from the lagoon. Does anybody else find this strange? they wait till the last minute, then all of a sudden hurry up and clear the lagoon. Anyone else think they might be packing a suprise opening for July 17th, 2005?
    no this doesn't strike me as strange, most of that scenery is bound to be bleached from the sunlight along with the water draining out all the color (I'd expect many thingts to be rotten and pale looking they need to be axed/repainted/rebuilt)

I don't think they waited until the last minute I think they waited until final approval and are now making a run for this thing because rebuilding this ride will probably be just as much work as rebuilding Space Mountain (maybe more depending on how this whole box deal works) they are *hopefully* drasticaly changing how these sets are designed, which would in turn drasticaly change the internal functions of the building I think

I don't think there will be anything big at the subs on the 17th, look for the big announcement to be made for them on May 5th

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast