Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Different Block-out Dates for Disneyland and D.C.A.

Should Disneyland modify its admission policies so that it allows holders of annual passports to visit D.C.A. on certain days when The Magic Kingdom is blocked-out?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Different Block-out Dates for Disneyland and D.C.A.

In a word..... YES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    In a word..... YES!!!!
    Same here! YES!!!

• What have I done?

Yeah Disneyland has really missed the boat on that one.. I think its obvious, so a big ole' YES!

"This guy!"

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, they're always trying to boost attendance, there's a good way right there!

• insufferable know-it-all

Yes.

There should be fewer blockouts at DCA than at DL. People on SoCal passes can't get in basically half the year, why not loosen up on letting them into DCA? The park could use the attendance, and having more people there would mean keeping more restaurants open longer, which would be good for everyone.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• A Pirate's life for me!

I've been saying that since (shortly) after they opened.

When attendence is sucky, why block people out?

Let them in everyday!

duh!!!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Should Disneyland modify its admission policies so that it allows holders of annual passports to visit D.C.A. on certain days when The Magic Kingdom is blocked-out?
    Pragmatic, I'm on the phone with the State Department trying to get permission to fly, so I'll be brief, but if you were just trying to collect "yes" answers to show the powers that be, shouldn't this have been a poll?
    (Hint: It's not too late to add one!)

• I <3 Clarinet.

Why not? It would be great to boost DCA's attendance...help get better word out about the park...and maybe make it worth more in the eyes of the APs. When you're a SoCal APer...and have less than half of the year to come to the parks, Disneyland is probably the best use of your time. When DCA is opened up more often it help more people see the value of the place...especially when DCA's value usually comes in the form of its entertainment.

• The one, the only...

Disney makes money when a person goes to DL or DCA even if it is an AP. The guest buys food and merchandise. When the date is blocked out, Disney looses income.

So why is DCA blocked as much as DL when attendance is sparse at DCA during the summer? I can only believe that Ouimett wants true park comparisons. When one park is available to AP's more than the other, then attendance gets an artificial boost at that one. It looks like more people choose that park. National standards for amusement park attendance counts people the same whether they paid or not to get in. An entrance is an entrance. So although I think it would be a good idea for DCA to have a different standard because it needs help, there would be ramifications to the change. DCA would look like more people choose it over Disneyland, when in fact there was no choice at all.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Rock Star Minion

By all means, yes. It's the AP Lounge. How can it not be available every day for them?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I Hate Peter Pan

I would definitely go to DCA and spend money on day's I was blacked out of DL. I often take the kids to DTD on weekends during the summer when we are blacked out of the parks, we go to the AMC theatres and have lunch or dinner, get a "Wetzels" and head on home. If we could get in we would go..................What are they waiting for?
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

• Monorail Racer

Absolutely. It makes perfect sense to bring those APers to DCA if they can't make it into DL. Not only will you up DCA's attendance and perhaps bring some more AP spending to the parks, but you may just have a few that decide on a whim that they're willing to pay for the DL ticket for that day, too. It's win-win for everybody.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyThenFall
    Why not? It would be great to boost DCA's attendance...help get better word out about the park...and maybe make it worth more in the eyes of the APs. When you're a SoCal APer...and have less than half of the year to come to the parks, Disneyland is probably the best use of your time. When DCA is opened up more often it help more people see the value of the place...especially when DCA's value usually comes in the form of its entertainment.

the only problem with this theory you state is that the facts are.... Disneyland has more then double (probably more then triple) the amount of attendees per year when compared to California Adventure. If they opened up AP holders to be able to attend DCA more frequently then DL it would most likely increase visits to DCA but not lower attendance at DL. The AP's would only choose DCA because DL would be blocked on that specific day. And even if flocks of AP's start attending DCA and DL lost a few attendees each day... the overall attendence for both parks would grow enough to offset the difference. It seems to me like a win-win situation for Disney, the only problem would be the confusion when trying to figure out when which park was open for which pass.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Disney makes money when a person goes to DL or DCA even if it is an AP. The guest buys food and merchandise. When the date is blocked out, Disney looses income.

So why is DCA blocked as much as DL when attendance is sparse at DCA during the summer? I can only believe that Ouimett wants true park comparisons. When one park is available to AP's more than the other, then attendance gets an artificial boost at that one. It looks like more people choose that park. National standards for amusement park attendance counts people the same whether they paid or not to get in. An entrance is an entrance. So although I think it would be a good idea for DCA to have a different standard because it needs help, there would be ramifications to the change. DCA would look like more people choose it over Disneyland, when in fact there was no choice at all.
    that maybe true when published outside of the Disney boardroom.
    But,within the company they know the status of each enterance.1 day,2 day hoppers single days etc.all they do is deduct ap's from the equation to determine attendance performance.The ap's presence can help more in foods or merchandising sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast