• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Main Gate from West Pl.

I read in a hotel review that someone staying at a hotel on West Place (I think it was a Days Inn) walked to the Mickey & Friends parking structure and caught the tram to DTD and Main gate. It said something about going through a tunnel and up some stairs. Does anyone know anything about this, if it's possible? We usually don't stay on that side of the park but the rates on the front side are out of our range right now. (If I can find the review I'll post that part of it.)
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

Re: Main Gate from West Pl.

There is a Days Inn at the corner of Disneyland Dr and Ball Rd, but I'm not sure how to access the Mickey & Friends tram from there as a pedestrian guest.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I was looking at Google Earth trying to see if I could see any walkway you had asked about. I would suggest that you call the Days Inn and ask them.

But I did have a question. What is the outdoors parking lot to the north of Micky and Friends parking garage? Is that the CM parking?

It does look like you could walk through his parking lot to reach the Mickey and Friends garage.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Sorry, I don't know about Days Inn, but lately I've been staying at the Holiday Inn on Ball and Walnut. It's right on the other side of the M&F parking structure. So, if you want to walk through the outside parking lot (can't remember the name), you can get to the trams from there. Or, it's just a two block walk to downtown Disney. They have nice rooms and the rates are pretty reasonable.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Just found the review I saw. It's for the Rodeway Inn Maingate. I just cut and paste straight from the review.

First, location: The most convenient hotels are on Harbor Blvd. between I-5 and Katella, an acceptable walk to the main gate. If you go further afield, you have to wait for the Anaheim hotel trolley. I've never done this, but other TripAdvisor reviews say that it runs infrequently (every 10-20 minutes), and can be full. Except, that is, for the few hotels close to the Mickey & Friends parking structure: here, you walk through the cast member parking lot (maybe 50 yards), up two flights of stairs, 100 yards down a long corridor, down an escalator---and you're boarding the parking lot tram, which runs every 2 minutes or so.

Sound familiar to any one or does it just muddy the water? It sounds kind of convoluted, I just wonder how easy that really is and how easy it would be to get lost.
    Last edited by bejeweledcat; 07-08-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat

Just found the review I saw. It's for the Rodeway Inn Maingate. I just cut and paste straight from the review.....

Except, that is, for the few hotels close to the Mickey & Friends parking structure: here, you walk through the cast member parking lot (maybe 50 yards), up two flights of stairs, 100 yards down a long corridor, down an escalator---and you're boarding the parking lot tram, which runs every 2 minutes or so. [/B]
    When you are going across the Cast Lot and facing the structure, the stairs are on the left corner. You are actually walking up to the Daisy Level(2) of the Parking Structure, there are no Elevators from this side so if you need one it may not be the best way. We've had to do this before when they use the CM lot as overflow, but not sure if they allow people to just walk through there on a regular basis.
    Last edited by DLMountainFan; 07-08-2006 at 04:42 PM.

• Banned User

I have walked through the cast lot many times, up to the Daisy level, then to the tram route. Many cast members and guests use this employee only entrance to get into the park. Most of the OCTA Bus riders also use this route to enter the park. The security guard will only hassle you if try to drive a vehicle into that lot.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

It's not a bad walk at all, and much better than waiting for an ART shuttle bus.

The only reason you go up two flights of stairs rather than just walk straight across is simple - the first floor of the Parking Structure has 14' ceilings so trucks and buses can fit inside, then they make a left and park outside in the Pinnochio section.

It's a lot safer to go walk in through the employee entrance gate on West Place, south through the lot to the structure, up to the 2nd (Daisy) level to walk across and take the escalator down again. Then you have to walk past the west side of the loading zone all the way to the crosswalk, and double back.

The other option is to walk across the front of the Structure at ground level, where you have to cross up to 6 lanes of incoming cars, some of them still doing 25 to 40MPH. And you're in the shadows with people driving in out of bright sunshine... Not good.

Look at the structure in Google Earth, it is tagged on the 'Google Earth Community' layer. You'll see the "up" stairs in the Northeast corner of the building. The Escalators down to the tram loading zone (well, the tensioned fabric roofs over them, anyway) are the three white strips in the southeast corner, the longest one with the red circle of paving stones around it goes to the top floors.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1