Birthdays at the DLR

I just wanted to share with you all one of the best experiences I've had in a long time at the Disneyland Resort.

It was my 26th birthday this past week and to celebrate we went to DCA. I had my fabulous "Honorary Citizen" sticker on. Most, not all , cast members wished me a very happy birthday. But one stood out in my mind.

We went on Monsters Inc and at the end of the ride, Roz sang Happy Birthday to me. I know its a cast member doing the voice and whatnot, but still. I thought that was just really really neat.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Say, with Stitch at Innoventions, or the like? That's what makes me go back to the DLR again and again. I'm still smilling at the memory of that.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Re: Birthdays at the DLR

The Dapper Dans were performing on Main Street when my husband rode by on the horse trolley wearing his birthday sticker--they all stopped singing at the same time and said "Happy Birthday, Gary" in unison. That was very cool--not just the fact that they saw his sticker, but that they did it all in unison.

I'll have to remember the Roz thing. Little things like that mean so much and make your day very special.

• Tourist

Once when we were boarding the monorail at the DTD station, a CM saw my young son's DL birthday sticker, greeted him with "Happy birthday, Joey", and seated our whole family in the front compartment. My kids still talk about how nice that CM was, and how much fun it was to ride in the front of the monorail.

Yesterday was my birthday and EVERYWHERE i went cms said Happy Birthday Sarah to me. And at Star Tours a cm told everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Sarah and they all did! It was embarrasing, but nice.

• Still lost in Neverland

There is nothing to make you feel like a kid again, than celebrating your birthday at Disneyland, no matter how old you are. The CM's really do make a very special day even more special.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

that roz thing is soo cool ill have to try that out when i go on my bday. ive noticed that at wdw the cm's have been more friendly with the bday greetings. maybe the over worked cm's are too tired at disneyland.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Grumpy old man

I was wondering what those honorary citzens things were about, I saw quite a few.

And speaking of Roz, she singled me out when I went through, freaked me out, even more so when I found out it wasn't random and was a cast member.