Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Something gone missing at the Emporium

Well, since I work in the Emporium, I always forget about this recent happening:

If you look up in the Emporium on Main Street USA, you might see a whole bunch of AA's looking around. They are all around the store and they are not very animatronic. I would venture to say they have been there since day 1 without any change. Anyways, one of AA scenes with a barber and a kid stoppped working at least 3 weeks ago. The Barber actually fell down and doesn't work anymore. From far away, you can see his arm stick out and the boy looks around at nothing.

Sadly, this is a poor example of Disney not keeping everything in working order. I figured Al might like this to show how keeping things clean and new doesn't always happen. Those of you out every week in the park with a camera, snap a photo. I never bring mine, but I just wanted to give a heads up to those who love those AA's.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Re: Something gone missing at the Emporium

those are not so much AA's as just moving dummies. They have not been around since day 1, considering Emporium used to be a bunch of small stores. They did a huge remodel I want to say early to mid 90's to expand out into what used to be the locker area by the back stage gate and that was when they added those. But I hope that someone sees it soon, those small things are what adds just a little bit extra to the park.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

I will take photos of the non working AA's tomorrow and post pictures here. My younger brother and I were laughing at them back in June, they were barely working then.

• Still lost in Neverland

They were there early on, then gone for awhile, then brought back in even more opulent settings in the 90's. I always thought they were kind of neat and was glad to see the back. That is sad.

Also gone missing under Pressler was the beautiful wall banner above the plush counter in the middle hallway between the Emporium and the Clock Shop and Toy Store at the back. It used to have a nice painting of a youngish Walt Disney in one corner and a painting of the Emporium in the other corner. The banner read something like, "The Emporium Department Store - founded July 17, 1855" and under Walts portrait was "Our Founder, Waler Elias Disney". It was so much nicer than that carnival piece of garbage they have up there now. At least they brought back the nice leade cyrstal glass windows on either side. I know the painting is still under there. All they would have to do is take down that stupid carnival thing, and we would have a very nice painting that really makes a statement, and is part of the story of, The Emporium. (Note the date it was founded)
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

OMG, i love the barber AA's. The kids face is classic. Those AA's have been there for so long. FIX IT DISNEY!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    They were there early on, then gone for awhile, then brought back in even more opulent settings in the 90's. I always thought they were kind of neat and was glad to see the back. That is sad.

Also gone missing under Pressler was the beautiful wall banner above the plush counter in the middle hallway between the Emporium and the Clock Shop and Toy Store at the back. It used to have a nice painting of a youngish Walt Disney in one corner and a painting of the Emporium in the other corner. The banner read something like, "The Emporium Department Store - founded July 17, 1855" and under Walts portrait was "Our Founder, Waler Elias Disney". It was so much nicer than that carnival piece of garbage they have up there now. At least they brought back the nice leade cyrstal glass windows on either side. I know the painting is still under there. All they would have to do is take down that stupid carnival thing, and we would have a very nice painting that really makes a statement, and is part of the story of, The Emporium. (Note the date it was founded)
    That was cool:

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

If I remember correctly the just covered it, so future WDI guys could some day find it when they pull down that wall. Kinda like the murals in Tomorrowland.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Still lost in Neverland

That's the one. I find it ludicrous that Pressler would cover that up. But then again, I guess I can see why he would. He and Eisner just didn't get "Walt" at all. But I know it's just covered up. Those two leaded glass windows on either side where also covered up as well. Then they were uncovered but the big picture was not. I wish they would take down whatever is hiding it and let us see it again. It really made the Emporium part of the overall story of Main Street.

Thanks for posting that picture.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mortality's Muse

Aww. That's really sad. I always adored those AA's.. =(

• Disney worshipper/geek

Oh, I love those AAs!! But I so rarely go into the Emporium anymore because it is ALWAYS so crowded.

FIX 'EM!!

They really did take away a lot of the "main Street-ness" that the Emporium had. It feels more like a gigantic store for tourists to gorge themselves on merchandise before leaving. No offense to the tourists, but gosh, it's really set up so no matter how big it is, you feel like you walked into a Disney "going out of business" sale.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    Well, since I work in the Emporium, I always forget about this recent happening:

If you look up in the Emporium on Main Street USA, you might see a whole bunch of AA's looking around. They are all around the store and they are not very animatronic. I would venture to say they have been there since day 1 without any change. Anyways, one of AA scenes with a barber and a kid stoppped working at least 3 weeks ago. The Barber actually fell down and doesn't work anymore. From far away, you can see his arm stick out and the boy looks around at nothing.

Sadly, this is a poor example of Disney not keeping everything in working order. I figured Al might like this to show how keeping things clean and new doesn't always happen. Those of you out every week in the park with a camera, snap a photo. I never bring mine, but I just wanted to give a heads up to those who love those AA's.

Don't you think it would be better to write a service report or find the proper person to report the problem to then to come online and criticize your place of emplyment over the internet. I am sure that if you really cared about the mishap (it maybe has not been noticed by maintenance) you would make sure that your store would be kept up by reporting problems that need to be corrected.

• Banned User

As promised, here are some photos I took today of the emporium:
    The lady in the hat in the last photo was the only thing moving. I loved the expression of the kid in the barber chair in the first photo. It pretty much summarizes the whole display.

Last edited by Austinnightwolf; 07-09-2006 at 11:16 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks for the photos. It is kind of unfortunate how they leave this stuff in such disrepair at times... Sadness.

• Banned User

I say tear all that stuff out and just have bare walls up in the corners. Boy that parrot sure looks cheap and poorly made. They should bring all that stuff down and sell it on Ebay, maybe that parrot would bring in $10, haha.

• Adventures with Duffy

I like the AA's. I hope they fix and keep them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast