Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I love Mulholland Madness

Other Childfree Micechatters? **NOT a kid bashing post :) **

Just wondering if there are other "childfree" Micechatters out there. I love kids, just don't want my own and wonder if there are other like-minded people in this group.

I enjoy visiting DLR w/ my husband and immediate family (sibs don't have kids either...yet), and have even done a solo visit to the park (highly recommend it for a whole new Disney experience).

It is certainly priceless to be an innocent bystander to observe the magic moments when a child meets their favorite character or walks down main street for the first time...but it's also frightening to watch some of the melt-downs and frazzled parents. CMs must find all of this very entertaining.

Anyhoo, just curious...
    Hope to meet some of you (both childfree and parents) at the MiceQuest this fall!
    Be Nice or Leave

• Ok time for cocoa

Re: Other Childfree Micechatters? **NOT a kid bashing post :) **

DINK's, empty nesters here. Yes melt downs can be .. interesting. We go mostly for the shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

No kids here. Just two cats It's nice to be able to do whatever you want and not have to ride dumbo 60 times in a row.

• no flash photography...

I have a 15 year old...I don't like kids and will not have anymore.. (I love her, but I had no idea what kids were like when I had her. I had nver been around kids growing up. It just wasn't what i thought it would be.)....does that count...LOL...I should say i don't like 97% of the kids out there. The clean, well behaved and polite kids I like, but they are far and few between...and I can certainly understand why. the constant discipline did get wearing on me...but it was worth it. She has grown up to be a great kid...

• A Pirate's life for me!

I appreciate what you are saying. I have nothing against it at all. It's a great topic.

Here's my view...

I have been to the Parks as a single guy, a guy in a relationship, a married guy, and then a guy with 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 kids. And then again (a few times) by myself and with just my wife and myself (w/o the kids).

For me, the BEST times that I have enjoyed the Parks are when we are there together as a family, all 6 of us. Nothing can beat the smiles on our kids faces when they are enjoying themselves.

As far as the melt-downs are concerned, well, they are a part of raising kids (just like wiping their little bottoms after they have filled their diapers with...you know what). You just have to take it in stride. It's a part of life.

Sure, I have a blast when I'm alone or with my wife, but we are a family unit now, and the best of times are had when we are all together. And not just at the Parks. Pretty much doing anything...Ballgame, camping, fishing, you get the idea.

Having kids (or not) is a personal choice. There is no right or wrong. I respect your decision either way.

All that I can say about the issue (personally) is that until I had a family, I never realized TRUE life enjoyment. For ME, a family made me whole.

Enjoy the Parks (and life) however you choose. Freedom of choice is what makes life so great.

• And, THEN she said...

Im with Scubababe on this one i dont like kids as a rule, but the polite ones I do like, and no I dont have kids, dont want em, and took steps to prevent them from happening to me. my furry kids keep me busy and happy

Kids are great! It's the parents... eek!

-Wes

• GO DBACKS!!

I got married at 35 and we tried to have kids but it never happened. We were OK whether it happened or not. So we are another set of DINKs, and happily so. We are also APers, which tends to raise eyebrows when people ask where we go on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    For me, the BEST times that I have enjoyed the Parks are when we are there together as a family, all 6 of us. Nothing can beat the smiles on our kids faces when they are enjoying themselves.
    .....and this is why we borrow neices and nephews several times a year. I love taking them to DL but I also love our kidless trips as well. It's kind of nice to be able to drop the kiddies off at their parents after a long trip and go home and sleep.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• xmanmom

We are childfree and childlike....in what catagory does that put us?

We would like to have kids someday though. I have friends who stopped traveling and even going out to restaurants once they had kids because they didn't think the kids could handle it. But I grew up going EVERYWHERE with my parents and handeled it beautifully for the most part because that was what was expected of me. I plan to raise my kids in the same way.

I have been to the park both with and without kids and they are both fun in their own ways. Last fall we spent a day with my friend and her hubby and three kids. They were great and it was maybe the best day we had out of three days at the parks.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Hubby and I are childless, not by choice, but I am a teacher so I really have a WHOLE bunch of kids! We get a lot of eyebrows raised too when people hear that we go to DL so often.

• Minion

There's actually a club for kid free Micechatters in Micechat Gold. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey

As far as the melt-downs are concerned, well, they are a part of raising kids (just like wiping their little bottoms after they have filled their diapers with...you know what). You just have to take it in stride. It's a part of life.

Sure, I have a blast when I'm alone or with my wife, but we are a family unit now, and the best of times are had when we are all together. And not just at the Parks. Pretty much doing anything...Ballgame, camping, fishing, you get the idea.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Banned User

In about 4-5 years i will not be childfree.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i'm 30 an AP and dont have any kids either. I've been with my boyfriend for 10years, dont plan on getting married either

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo
    We are childfree and childlike....in what catagory does that put us?
    In the same category with Kathleen and me...our cat and new puppy are our "children"....

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast