Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFFC Convention

• Still lost in Neverland

NFFC Convention

Does anyone know yet the dates of the Convention this year? I want to go on the Sunday trade and sale show, but can't find any information yet on when it will be. I know it's got to be soon as it usually is around the 17th of July to tie in with Disneyland's birthday.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Neep meep beep

Re: NFFC Convention

I'm almost sure that I can't help you, and I apologize for that, but my next question, which I ask because I'm curious about it, will explain why:

What is the NFFC convention?

It's the biggest world wide Disney convention there is. They usually have a 4 or 5 day convention up near the Hyatt Regency Hotel about a mile south of Disneyland. They have panels and all kinds of stuff going on during that time. The last day which is always a Sunday is a huge sale/trade/buy show that brings in dealers of Disney stuff from all over the place. You can get just about anything that Disney has ever made, and especially old Disneyland merchandise. They don't come cheap, but you can get some bargains if you search. The trade and sale show usually opens at noon for the public and 10 for members who have preregered and paid a little extra for the early entry thing. For the Noon entry the General Public is welcome and it costs either $5 or $10, I just can't remember as it's been a couple or more years since I have been able to go.

It is worth it and you will meet a lot of other Disney Fans there as well, and Imagaineers are usually wandering around.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Neep meep beep

And what does "NFFC" stand for? I couldn't figure out the acronym without assistance. Sounds like a great event, however.

National Fantasy Fan Club

Just looked it up, it is this coming weekend. Convention 13-18th, and sale sun. the 16th.
    Now I know why I couldn't get a good priced room for the 12-14th!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Just Check the NFFC site.

The sale is Sunday July16th.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Sorry if this is a little off-topic

is the NFFC worth joining even without a Georgia chapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

It's only worth joining if you're going to go to the convention in July.

I didn't even know the NFFC was still around!! I remember back in the mid-90's when every ballroom at the Hyatt on Harbor was full of people. Then by the late '90s only a couple were partially populated at the Crowne Plaza across the street.

Good times...

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Yes..It is this Sunday me and my family will all be there!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Sorry if this is a little off-topic

is the NFFC worth joining even without a Georgia chapter?
    I joined NFFC last year and was planning on joining the Chapter at the Park, but I'm not sure that I will renew this year. The reason I joined was to meet other Disney people, but around the same time I found MC & have been kept more than busy here! If you don't go to chapter meetings, basically you'll get a newsletter & you can go to the National Convention. (The convention costs extra.) I think it would be more worth it if you go to chapter meetings. The newsletter is OK, but most of it will be old news by the time you get it, especially if you keep up to date here on MC.

I went to the sale last year & may go again this year. If you go bring cash. Most of the vendors are "mom & pop" shops that don't take credit/debit!
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    If you go bring cash. Most of the vendors are "mom & pop" shops that don't take credit/debit!
    Just watch out for the grannies who want to charge $400 for an old disney lunch box that reeks of sour milk!! Yes, I actually saw that.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    I joined NFFC last year and was planning on joining the Chapter at the Park, but I'm not sure that I will renew this year. The reason I joined was to meet other Disney people, but around the same time I found MC & have been kept more than busy here! If you don't go to chapter meetings, basically you'll get a newsletter & you can go to the National Convention. (The convention costs extra.) I think it would be more worth it if you go to chapter meetings. The newsletter is OK, but most of it will be old news by the time you get it, especially if you keep up to date here on MC.

I went to the sale last year & may go again this year. If you go bring cash. Most of the vendors are "mom & pop" shops that don't take credit/debit!
    thank you for answering my question. Without a local chapter I now know it would be a waste of my time and money considering how active I am here on MiceAge. my first thought was starting my own chapter but that's just not something I am good at doing. plus I have no idea what the interest level is here anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

There will be some great Disney artwork there! Maggie Parr [ Disney imagineer artist] will be speaking at 9AM Friday talking about some of the projects shes been involved in like Animal Kingdom in Florida & her murals in the World of Disney stores. She will have some of her artwork with her & it will also be there on Sunday. Also the new Tiki Room art by Brian Sisson will be there. If you havent seen Tom Wilson's [Biff from Back to the Future] artwork of Dumbo, the Disney Schoolbus Lunchbox & the four Teacups [from the attraction] your in for a treat! Anyway, just thought I would give everyone a heads up on this. See you there! M.A.

Thanks for all the news. Drat! I was hoping it would be the following weekend. I don't get paid until the 19th and tha's too late. Oh well. Thanks again though. I will be there on Sunday, but with not much to spend. I don't have the room anyway so maybe that's a good thing.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast