Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Say no to Assimilation

Best Cast Member interaction

I am sure this has been discussed before on here but with all the negativity on here lately, I thought a good positive thread would be nice. Can you think of a time when a Cast Member went above and beyond to make your trip special?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Grumpy old man

Re: Best Cast Member interaction

It's not really an interaction, but I have two good experiences of good cast members.

One was in Indy, when you are watching the little cheesy video and one of the cast members had memorized the whole thing and was reciting it along with the film and it gave me a good laugh.

The other was our second trip to through the Mansion and our host was really good at keeping character and made the experience a lot better then the host from the first trip (who just kind of guided us into the room)

This wasn't for me, but I witnessed it. We were next in line for Splash Mountain and once the family in front of us got in the log, their youngest son started freaking out and didn't want to go on the ride anymore. The mom was going to have to not ride the ride after waiting such a long time so she could wait with her son. Well, one of the girls working the ride that afternoon went and talked to the little boy and asked him if she gave him a flashlight, if he would want to ride it then. He said yes so she went and got the flashlight, and they went on their way. During a couple times during the ride, I would see the flashlight shining in some dark places and it made me sooooo happy to see that the cast member was quick to think of a good solution for everyone.
    Just recently got into this,

sorry if i sound dumb,

jenny

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by EarLover
    This wasn't for me, but I witnessed it. We were next in line for Splash Mountain and once the family in front of us got in the log, their youngest son started freaking out and didn't want to go on the ride anymore. The mom was going to have to not ride the ride after waiting such a long time so she could wait with her son. Well, one of the girls working the ride that afternoon went and talked to the little boy and asked him if she gave him a flashlight, if he would want to ride it then. He said yes so she went and got the flashlight, and they went on their way. During a couple times during the ride, I would see the flashlight shining in some dark places and it made me sooooo happy to see that the cast member was quick to think of a good solution for everyone.
    That was some quick thinking!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Mortality's Muse

I have two experiences that were pretty cool =)

1) Once on autopia the CM's were calling me "Princess" because i had bought one of those pretty little crowns and i was wearing it.

2) On my birthday 11 CM's wished me a happy birthday, i got ride in the front cars of Indy, Matterhorn, and Space Moutain because it was my birthday, and when i went on Splash Mountain a CM got everybody towards the front of the line and the other cm's to sing happy birthday to me!!

• Banned User

I was talking to a nice CM where the little aurora statues are..It just made my day talking to a CM abnout common intrests.

• I'm Flying High

Well once I was at the park and I happened to notice that 1764 arch by RoA. I asked one of the TSI "rangers" what it was and they told me all about it. It wasn't really interaction but still.
    The daydream princess

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Fm™
    I have two experiences that were pretty cool =)

1) Once on autopia the CM's were calling me "Princess" because i had bought one of those pretty little crowns and i was wearing it.
    Similar thing happened to my youngest cousin. He spent a lot of his given money on pirate stuff (bandana, eyepatch, earring, braclet, etc) and when we ate at Ariel's Grotto, all the princesses who visited us made a comment about it. You should've seen him blush.

• Minion

There was this nice Splash CM who was really nice to a boy who was enjoying his birthday, he was just so nice to him and it was really great

OK I'll go ahead and say it...since we're all thinking it....
    The best interaction....Maynard. 'nuff said.

• For You!

Maynard was so much fun to talk to - Still my best experience was with Rich a security guard in Tomorrowland. We lost our camera (it was returned to us) but I asked him if there was a lost and found in the park and he told us to go to the one by DCA, but, he didn't want us to miss a shot and took us to the Star Trader and gave us a new disposable one!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    One was in Indy, when you are watching the little cheesy video and one of the cast members had memorized the whole thing and was reciting it along with the film and it gave me a good laugh.
    Something similar happened to me on Autopia...........I was driving during Remember...Dreams Come True - you can see the fireworks, but you can't hear the music or dialog. One of the CMs got on the radio (so all the cars could hear) and started reciting/singing the fireworks. "I wish we never had to grow up, off to Neverland....Genie, I wish for your freedom....I wish, oh I wish I could be part of that world!" etc. etc. etc. (Yes, I also have the dialog memorized.) It was nice to see a CM enjoying themselves and taking an interest in DL.

Another time, I was in one of the stores in Fantasyland (can't remember which) and the CM working there let me try on replicas of the 5 crowns on Sleeping Beauty Castle. They were sitting on a pillow in back of the cash register and I'm not sure they were even for sale. It was a very nice gesture on the part of the CM. I got to try on the Mickey (1955-1965) and Tinker Bell (1995-2005) crowns.

Lastly, my tour guide during the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, Trevor, was the best tour guide ever! He emailed me a few weeks ago and said he was working as a tour guide with Adventures By Disney in Hawaii now - go figure!!!

On our honeymoon, My wife and I were treated very well by everyone, and since it was raining very hard that day, were were given yellow Mickey ponchos, and when we sat for lunch we were treated to big brownies

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Grad Nite 2002 on Pirates.

There were some teenagers who wanted pictures from the front of the boat, the CM gladly took it when he handed the camera back he tried to get off but he fell into the water. One of the other CM said something along the line like. "Would we be running you over mate. Or do ye want to save your hide from Davy Jones."

The one that fell replied, "I'm thinking that the gold down that fall would welcome me."

They did this whole banter for a few mintues until another one came up and rminded them that, "them lubbers do have to move, I see no pirates among them."

It was about two in the morning and to see that happen was just great.

I have posted this here before but she was so great I will post it again. Danielle at the Buzz rides was so wonderful. We had already been at the park several days and our youngest did not like any ride except It's a Small World, and you can only ride that so many times a day. Danielle stopped and talked to our 2 girls she got down on her knees and looked them in the eyes. She walked them up through the line. That was their favorite ride (and they have never seen the Buzz movies.) I have no doubt that the 5 minutes Danielle spent with them made all of the diffrence. She has no idea how great she made our trip.
    As a follow up we recently found out that our youngest is on the Autism spectrum and has some sensory issues. That is why she had a hard time with many of the rides. I can not possibly say enough nice things about that cast member and what a diffrence she made to our trip. Thank you Danielle!
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast