Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The most crazy UNcrowded you've ever seen it

Inspired by Pisces, I thought I'd start a thread about the LEAST crowded you've seen Disneyland. For me, it was a Thursday and Friday in early November, in the mid-Eighties. It was absolutely surreal. Like a Twilight Zone episode. I could almost hear Rod Serling: "Werner, one of the last humans to survive California's Big One, wanders into a Disneyland with only a handful of other curious souls..." LOL It was almost TOO quiet. I remember looking down Main Street and counting perhaps on one hand the number of bodies. Same for any other thoroughfare. It was wonderful in that you could ride anything over and over, but at the same time, it wasn't nearly as fun as having a little more of a crowd to make things festive. I've never seen it like that again, and I don't expect to in the future.

Re: The most crazy UNcrowded you've ever seen it

Tuesday September 27th, 2005. It was day 5 of a fantastic trip alone to DLR and everything that day was literally a walk-on (except Space Mountain :-p).
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

It wasn't me but my boss once went to disneyworld right before a hurricane or right after. TOTALLY DEAD. Rides over and over. She said it was really wierd.
    Janette

It was last October when my sister won tickets for an evening private party at Disneyland sponsored by radio station KLOS. It was such a great night, virtually stroller free and EMPTY. I remember looking down Main Street from the Hub and all I saw was the reflection of all the lights on the beautifully empty street. I have never experienced the park so uncrowded. It was almost creepy, but a good, exciting kind of creepy. There were no lines for any of the rides (with the sole exception of Space Mountain, which we rode at the end of the evening)--we just walked onto EVERYTHING.

I know it was in October because a man almost knocked me over in the esplanade while using his stroller as a battering ram on his way to DCA for the Halloween party. I was so happy we were on our way into Disneyland that night instead of DCA.

• Grumpy old man

Going along with my post in the other thread.

Everywhere but Main Street on the day of the premire. I expected it to be packed being a Saturday and a special event, but I waited no more than 10 minutes for most rides.

Late February of 2001 for me. It was raining lightly and the park was an absolute ghost town. Splash Mountain was an absolute walk on, no line what-so-ever. Space Mountain was a walk on. Matterhorn had a 3 minute wait because only one side was open. Big Thunder was a walk on. Indy was a walk on. All of the other rides were total walk ons as well. It was fantastic.

• horsin' around!

okay...NOT disneyland...but this reminded me of the time we took the kids to Marine World in vallejo...it just happened to be superbowl sunday..i swear there must have been about only 50 families there in the entire park! we had enteraction w/ the animals & darn near everyone got to pet the whale's nose! lol

• Know More Than You Should

The most crouded day and the most uncrouded day are both the same for me; July 17th, 2005.

The park was extremely crouded. However, because of all of the people waiting for the special 50th presentation, and then the merchandise line, which stretched from Big Thunder Ranch, around the rivers of america, and had switchbacks in Critter Country.

The end result of this was that almost every ride and attraction had 5 or 10 minute waits, with the exception of Space Mountain.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    The most crouded day and the most uncrouded day are both the same for me; July 17th, 2005.

The park was extremely crouded. However, because of all of the people waiting for the special 50th presentation, and then the merchandise line, which stretched from Big Thunder Ranch, around the rivers of america, and had switchbacks in Critter Country.

The end result of this was that almost every ride and attraction had 5 or 10 minute waits, with the exception of Space Mountain.
    Yep, I agree. I was one of those people in line!!! However, my mom held my place in line while my dad and I walked on Pooh and BTMRR. We also bypassed a 5 min. wait for Splash Mt.

• Defying gravity

It was also very uncrowded around December 13 - December 18, 2004. We left just at the start of the peak Christmas season!

• Banned User

Most uncrowed day..I AM SERIOUS!! April 4th 2006. It was pooring like a mother! No one was there!!! NO ONE. We had the park to ourselves!!!

CM's said they havnt seen people for miles!!

It's been a while, but we were at the park during a February day that was a torrential down pour. All we saw were a few small group sof obvious out of country tour groups, all with yellow ponchos on (we called them tweety birds all day) and a few scattered people. We stuck it out. Went in doors for shows and shops while it rained. It would stop a while. We went on rides. THen it would rain again..and so on.

Whenever we've been to the park and it starts to rain, people just whip out their ponchos and plastic cover things for the strollers and continue with their day. Nobody goes home! I guess when you're paying that much admission, you come prepared and suck it up when the weather turns.

I think it's probably different if it's raining before the park opens--then people will most likely pick another day to visit. I personally love Disneyland in the rain.

February, 15 years ago, my wife and I on our honeymoon, it was raining hard and the park was deserted

• Princess of my own world

It was my birthday December 14, 2002. It was a Friday and pouring rain. We had a blast! Every now and then it would let up but at both parks we walked on all the rides. I had so much fun. It was the only time I could get wet and splash in puddles without being yelled at (even though I was 21 hehe). The only mistake was my sis and I rode Screamin' in the front row and it started sprinkling... it hurt so bad...
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast