Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Back After Missing MC

Re: Where are the summer crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    Oh, you wouldn't believe what babies we are when it comes to weather. We are so spoiled by year round mild temperatures, that when the temps get uncomfortably hot or cold, it makes newspaper headlines. Like all of our local news stations have "storm watch" reports when it rains a little. We really are pathetic.
    That is too funny! People here don't even blink when there are tornado sirens blaring and instead most go outside to see if they can spot the funnel cloud!

• Circle of Ancients

Quiet You!!! Don't let anybody know about the light crowds until AFTER our trip this weekend.

• Suriname on VMK.

I am going to DL and DCA this weekend, and I am hoping that there will still be the lack of crowds!
    VMK name: Suriname.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I was just talking to someone about this. I was mentioning how wait times were only around 15 minutes the past couple weekends for most rides, but that there seemed to be lots of people on the walkways.

Yesterday I did my usual "get a Space Mtn Fastpass as soon as I arrived" and went to ride it around 4:30 and the wait time was only 30 minutes and the next available fastpass time was 6:45!

Curious.

• Closed Account

It is called HEAT! Make it hot and they will not come! Until that High pressure system sitting over Nevada does not move, the hot temperatures will be here to stay and more people will be spend their time indoors in cool, airconditioned spaces!
    Last edited by WatchYourHeadNStep; 07-10-2006 at 11:41 AM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

So why was there just a 5 minute wait for the wonderful air conditioned "it's a small world" yesterday afternoon???

And is there a way to get that photo sized down to the average length of a person's screen?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    So why was there just a 5 minute wait for the wonderful air conditioned "it's a small world" yesterday afternoon???

And is there a way to get that photo sized down to the average length of a person's screen?
    Ummmmmmmmm..cuz people were probably in air conditioned spaces OUTSIDE the park?

• Sock Puppet

I love it when it was light like that. It wasn't very crowded at all Darkbeer yesturday. 30 minute wait for Space Mountain, 5 minutes for Star Tours. Its Winter in July, except for the heat is still here.

• Banned User

People are not coming from Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas, where it is much worse than here heat wise. The economy is slowing down and people are feeling the pinch. The Bilderberg Group had a meeting in Canada in June, where the U.S. economy was discussed. The Bilderberg speculated that foreclosures and unemployment will jump to historic levels this year. The Bilderberg group is an association of the global billionaires, former heads of state and other power brokers. The Bilderberg were meeting to formulate a plan to profit from the home foreclosures that will be happening in mass this year. Historically speaking, in the 1920's when the Great Depression hit, the housing market was seriously inflated, like it is now, and when people sensed financial trouble, they stopped traveling. But the film industry in Hollywood never skipped a beat in the 20's and 30's, people spent money on a movie, rather than travel. So this might be the first sign we are seeing of the economy coming down. The price of gold also goes up during an economic collapse, I plan to dump most of my stock and start buying U.S. Treasury gold coins, they are going up in value, rather than devaluating like the dollar is right now. If the Bilderberg is having meetings to discuss who will get the spoils of the U.S. economic downturn, then we all must be very worried. Members of the Bilderberg include: Melinda Gates (wife of Bill Gates), Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, George Bush Senior, The Queen of the Netherlands and every C.E.O. of all the oil companies. Do a wikipedia search on Bilderberg and you will be shocked as to what they control. I do smell the 2'Fer coming back sooner, than later.

• That one girl.

I noticed the lack of crowds at the park yesterday. I think the longest line we waited in was maybe 30 mins for Space. There wasn't many people in the walkways. I know there were alot of people over by Pirates, but the line there was reasonable.

In fact, NNL and I asked a CM why the park is closing at 11pm instead of midnight. They said it was because the park was too empty during that last hour of operation that they just decided to close an hour earlier for the rest of the summer.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• Minion

The DLR crowds are light, does this mean people can not spend the money due high gas prices. I think we are all feeling the effect. I think gas is going to take its toll on everything. I will save that for another topic.
    Jason

• Hooterville, USA

APs are blocked out. At least the cheap ones.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Earth Intruder

I do not have an explanation for why the crowds were light around July 4th, but to the "regulars" I am confused as to why YOU'RE confused about light crowds last weekend.

The weekend after July 4th is ALWAYS lighter on crowds. It is ALWAYS the best weekend in the summer to go. I was out of town yesterday, but from being an AP the last 11ish years, people take their vacay around July 4th, so the weekend afterwards is light.

It is the exact same effect as going the sunday AFTER a 3-day weekend. Nearly always lighter on crowds.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Monorail Racer

Wow - that's even lighter than it was when I was there in late June - and it didn't seem that bad at all even then! I'd love to fly in and go a bit more this summer then, but an impending move is going to make that a bit problematic. Hope the crowds stay light for any time I do actually get a layover in the LA area though.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by dontbecheekin
    In fact, NNL and I asked a CM why the park is closing at 11pm instead of midnight. They said it was because the park was too empty during that last hour of operation that they just decided to close an hour earlier for the rest of the summer.
    I read in Al's last column that they did not decide to close an hour earlier due to low attendance but due to they could still keep their "Ride Per Cap" statistics at high levels and still save an hour of operating expenses (great read that can be found at http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al062006b.htm if you have not already checked it out).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast