Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Say no to Assimilation

Star Tours 60 hour party?

Did anyone attend the 60 hour party they had when they launched Star Tours and Captain EO? I think they should have done it again when Pirates re-opened. That would have been cool!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: Star Tours 60 hour party?

I was at both of those parties.

Good times.

There's nothing like riding Big thunder Mountain as the sun is coming up in the morning.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• 10 years...

I was there for the Star Tours party. All I remember from it was that they were laser-projecting the Star Wars characters on the Matterhorn.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

But they need to have something that's WORTH hyping that much before they do another all-nighter event like that. Opening up the Finding Nemo Subs probably wouldn't qualify for that level of hype, since that's a total rework of an existing ride.

They could have stretched it and done a big launch event for Tower of Terror, even though that ride is a "lift" of an existing ride from Florida, but they missed that boat.

The next time they open up a totally new E-ticket that isn't a "lift" from elsewhere... (Yeah, Right, Suuuuure... )

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Monorail Racer

Playing at the event? A blast!

Working such things? Not so much.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Playing at the event? A blast!

Working such things? Not so much.
    I bet! It really makes you feel like you are getting a good deal though!!!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

The park would be hurtin for some night custodial work after that much time open... and first aid would be full of dehydrated, fatigued AP's at about noon on the second day.

I think it'd be a serious risk nowadays from a crowd expectation standpoint, since a lot of things have changed since 1986 as far as admission types, parking, and marketing/internet buzz. I'd find it pretty cool though in a way, but having 100,000 passholders show up, or nobody at all at 3am, could kinda ruin it and I could see both happening.

• LoisAlene

The Captain EO party was pretty fun. All weekend for one great price! It was crowded but not packed, i.e. Space Mountain 60-90 minute wait, ditto for Pirates. Funny, we never Did go see Captain EO.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

I was there "..to change the world." I even still have my Eo t-shirt! As a Disney fan and a Star Wars fan, the opening of Star Tours was wonderous.

• Social Imagineer

I was at the Star Tours party and the EO party. I think some of the behavior at the EO party is why it was the last one.

Certainly, the 50th Birthday would have been an event worthy of a 50-hour party. I think the days of Disneyland open all night (other than Grad Nites) is over.

Was anyone at the 25-hour party for the 25th Birthday??? Were there ever any others besides that and Star Tours and EO???

I remember going to the Star Tours party. We got there at 3 AM Saturday morning, so the only ride that really had a line was Star Tours, it was about an hour long. I remember riding the Peoplemover and when it went by the windows looking into the lobby of Circlevision, the entire lobby was crowded with people sleeping. I'd love to see them do another one!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    ...I remember riding the Peoplemover and when it went by the windows looking into the lobby of Circlevision, the entire lobby was crowded with people sleeping. I'd love to see them do another one!
    Hmm, isn't that an argument as to why they wouldn't want to do another one?

A one hour line at 3am, that's crazy!

• Shablagoo!

[quote=innerSpaceman]I was at the Star Tours party and the EO party. I think some of the behavior at the EO party is why it was the last one. /quote]

So what happened? What kind of craziness ensued? Just wonderin.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    I think they should have done it again ...That would have been cool!
    How about just screen all 6 Star Wars films back to back IN Star Tours for a select group of people. That way, the thing could rock at the appropriate moments and so forth. It could even keep you awake during the CGI cows dancing in the meadows sequence in Clones.

Would be a great way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars/10th Anniversary of Tours next year.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Oh my Goodness!

Heh. I remember the Star Tours Party. My family was there and I got soo mad because my dad and my uncle took us kids and the moms back to the hotel and then said - see ya! We're going back to Disneyland. I wanted soo much to go spend all night there (i wanted to go on peter pan and small world and other such rides). I still haven't. The closest I've come is sleeping in DCA for the 17th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast