• Space Mountain Fanboy

Question How is it possible to spend three days at Disneyland and not know about Fantasmic?

A friend from work went to Disneyland for three days. He comes back and we ask what he thought of Fantasmic. He said "What's Fantasmic?" The show on Rivers of America. "Never heard of it."

What?

So I've been giving him all sorts of grief over it cuz he's clearly the first person to do this sort of thing. Y'know, spend more than a day at Disneyland and not hear about Fantasmic. I mean, it's in all the literature and the schedules for the day. If you're a tourist, which he was, you should be paying attention to these sorts of things.

So, today, I'm talking to another co-worker and he says he's never heard of Fantasmic. And he once spent an entire week at the resort alternating days between Disneyland and California Adventure.

I'm shocked.

What's going on with the universe?

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: How is it possible to spend three days at Disneyland and not know about Fantasmic?

I think people just get swept away with the Disneyland experience and they don't plan. That's how us regulars get so much done in a short time. We plan and attack the park.
    My family calls these people "Los Touristos". (Not meant to offend anyone) These are the people who stop suddenly in the middle of main street to admire something when there are 500 people right behind them, or they walk with their maps open and run right into people. They change direction suddenly because something catches their eye and cut you off in the process.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: How is it possible to spend three days at Disneyland and not know about Fantasmic?

I can top that. I have relatives who came down for 3 days and did not see Fantasmic OR the Electrical Parade. At least they'd heard of the Electrical Parade, but they knew nothing about Fantasmic.

I was with them one night and made them see the 50th fireworks (they loved it), but do I have to hold their hands the entire trip!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Don't forget, Fantasmic! was dark from June 17th thru the 27th due to the Pirates Premiere.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Grumpy old man

Re: How is it possible to spend three days at Disneyland and not know about Fantasmic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Don't forget, Fantasmic! was dark from June 17th thru the 27th due to the Pirates Premiere.
    And that's when I went

• Shablagoo!

My aunt and Uncle have never seen Fantasmic and have been to Disneyworld at least 4 times in the last 5 years. I told them about it but they must oif forgot until late when a guy on the plan trip back was tellign them about it.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Re: How is it possible to spend three days at Disneyland and not know about Fantasmic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    They didn't go recently. One went during December and the other went a couple years ago. Fantasmic! was running when they went.
    Last edited by DarthBrian; 07-10-2006 at 03:23 PM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

If you don't know about it, and are not on that side of the Park in the evening, you can easily miss it. Maybe they were enjoying the music in Tomorrowland? Maybe they were eating a meal inside Red Rockets? Maybe they were in a long line for a ride?

Only the shadow knows...

• Closet DLR fan

When I went down in September two years ago, we went for two days, one of which was a Friday when they were no doubt showing Fantasmic. I went to the parks with my boyfriend and his sister, who works for Disney, and goes all the time, and somehow no one mentioned Fantasmic to me the entire time. It wasn't until after we got home and I was looking around on the Disneyland website that I found something about it.

I heard of one guest spending his entire time in Tomorrowland, thinking that that was the extent of Disneyland.

confession: I have an AP, and have never seen fantasmic

• Neep meep beep

Up until about three or four weeks ago, I had never seen Fantasmic in 10 years of going to Disneyland.