• is on the rocks

Reserved seating for fireworks?

Hi all,

DH and I watched the fireworks last from Main Street Station. We noticed that there was a section of reserved seating - benches set up and roped off - in front of the station.

Has anyone here done that, or would know how we could get on that reserved list? We tried asking the CM who was monitoring the area but he didn't hear us and soon there were too many people milling around the area.

Thanks in advance.

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: Reserved seating for fireworks?

I think the "walking in walts footsteps" tour gets these seatting.

As I understand it...there is a reserved balcony area with tables and chairs to see fantasmic -- just call (714) 781-DINE and press #1 to make reservations. This is supposedly a great place to see the show and the fireworks.

I am inquiring with my Disney rep to see if there is any other type of reserved seating for the fireworks show. If anything comes of it...I will let you know.

When you book a VIP tour you can get reserved seats for shows, Fantasmic, or the fireworks. We took the VIP tour in January, but opted for Fantasmic rather than the fireworks. Because the reserved seating was at the train station, and I thought you would want to be closer to the hub for the current firework show, not back at the train station. I can see where those would be very good seats for past firework shows though.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude
    I think the "walking in walts footsteps" tour gets these seatting.
    Nope, I took that tour and we didn't get any reserved seating for the fireworks.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head
    When you book a VIP tour you can get reserved seats for shows, Fantasmic, or the fireworks. We took the VIP tour in January, but opted for Fantasmic rather than the fireworks. Because the reserved seating was at the train station, and I thought you would want to be closer to the hub for the current firework show, not back at the train station. I can see where those would be very good seats for past firework shows though.
    Great info, and it's good to know that they give you the option of Fantasmic preferred seating or fireworks. I also thought that the train station was a little far from the hub to see the fireworks adequately.

Do you remember the name of the tour you took? Or what is a "VIP" tour --- is that available to the public?

• Silent Lucidity

We took the 50th tour last January, went on the 6:00PM tour, and it ended in the reserved area in front of the Main Street Train Station! Great ending to a fun tour!

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Yup! We took the 50th tour as well. It's a great seat to see everything. The only thing is that you are not close enough to the castle or matterhorn to see the projections. Also, to be able to see Tinkerbelle. But! I agree it was a great ending to a fun tour. (We also received a little snack to sit and watch the fireworks.) This same tour also offered premium seating for the parade. Call Disneyland to see what they are offering these days. We went on both versions, last Fall.

• is on the rocks

Thanks for the info everyone. I appreciate it.

Yes, the train station is a bit far, but DH and I still were able to see quite a bit. I was thinking of doing this more for my mom. I think she'd enjoy the fireworks show quite a bit, but at 70 years old, I don't want her sitting on the ground for two hours to get a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Do you remember the name of the tour you took? Or what is a "VIP" tour --- is that available to the public?
    It is called a "VIP" tour. It is $75 an hour, minimum of 4 hours. But you can have up to 10 people. So $300 seems like a lot for a tour, but if you have 10 people it really cuts down the cost. They ask you what you want covered in the tour, rather than having it set like most of the other tours. There is no food included like the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour. I am pretty sure they would have shown us the Club 33 lobby if we wanted them to, but we were eating there the night we were doing the tour, and didn't need them to show us the lobby. Which I know you don't need to see either, but some people take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour so they can get a peek into the Club.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

If you've seen everything on the castle during the show, I can see them being ok seats (def better than be at SW).
    However, you won't be in the center of all of it
    Especially during the Star Wars War.
    Plus it's nice to have the fireworks all around you.
    I know for Fantasmic you can do what was mentioned before call Disney Dine
    1-714-781-DINE
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

There is no food included like the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour. I am pretty sure they would have shown us the Club 33 lobby if we wanted them to, but we were eating there the night we were doing the tour, and didn't need them to show us the lobby. Which I know you don't need to see either, but some people take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour so they can get a peek into the Club.
    When I took it (before it started again and open to AP's only)
    We got lunch. It was a nice lunch and it was up in the Disney Gallery in that little center outdoor area.
    We were also shown Club 33 lobby and given history on the elevator.

It's shame they stopped the lunch.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz