Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Grumpy old man

Oddest Thing You've Taken Home From Disneyland Trips

This idea popped into my head as I was looking at my own personal odd thing and thought it'd make a good thread topic.

At first I thought maps were odd, but I bet a lot of people keep the maps for comparisons, memory etc.

So my next thing is bags, as in the bags they give you in the gift shops. I kept them from my trip, and not just to keep my stuff in on the way home. I kept them as souvenirs and they will stay with the rest of my souvenirs.

So what's yours?

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Re: Oddest Thing You've Taken Home From Disneyland Trips

I thought i was the only one that did that with the bags. im glad to see im not the only one. lol oh i also have a candle from disneyworld it was on my bday dessert.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• rebmeM roinuJ

i also keep the bags. and extra napkins. and another time i found a piece of paper near the back of NOS and hought it might be somethjing special, to find out the next day that it was a spare piece of those artists' canvas paper stuff.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I have a tendancy to keep the bags as well. I also hang onto my parking stub. I like to see the different dates that are on them to kind of track my visits. Overall, the strangest thing I've kept from one of my visits is when I stayed at the Grand Californian and it was Valentine's weekend. They had folded up a washcloth into the shape of a heart and then put a shiny red heart sticker in the middle, and tied the bottom with a small piece of red satin ribbon. I loved this little folded thingie and had to keep it. I love it. It sits on disply in my bathroom to remind me of that trip (it was my three-year anniversary with my boyfriend). I also kept the streamers that went off in the Festival Arena on the 50th while the ceremony was going on and I was standing in the Merch line. Aaahhh, the memories.

• Say no to Assimilation

I have napkins and a menu from the Neon Cactus Bar.

Oh and we usually collect a bunch of confetti from the parades or shows and throw them all over our friend's desk at work!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• I <3 o

Back a few years ago when they had different cups for every land at the restaurants. Yeah, i have a cup from every land. My mom tries to throw them out every year and I never let her.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Banned User

My friend got me blue bayou silverware..He was very naughty...LOL

But my thing i always get is 3 Mint condition maps with the times guide so i know what date i went on.

• Newbie.

On my last Disneyland Trip, I took home the soaps and shampoo from the Disneyland hotel. I love the packaging. Disneyland does everything first class down to the last detail. I love it.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy
    On my last Disneyland Trip, I took home the soaps and shampoo from the Disneyland hotel. I love the packaging. Disneyland does everything first class down to the last detail. I love it.
    I love all the little soaps, I wanted to swipe the awesome bedspread from the DLH, cuz they are so cute
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Minion

When we stay at one of the onsite hotels I keep everything that has a date on it (parking pass, newsletter, receipt,monorail boarding pass) plus all the shampoos and soaps.

I also keep bags and I have maps from every trip I have taken since 1988.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade
    I love all the little soaps, I wanted to swipe the awesome bedspread from the DLH, cuz they are so cute
    Oohh, same with me wanting the shower curtain from the GCH. Holy crap was it adorable!! Seriously, if there is a place that I can (legally) get one from, I want it!!

• LoisAlene

I'm glad to see I'm not such an odd packrat after all. All the soap, shampoo and shower caps come home with me for those days when I need that Disney pick me up. I have napkins and merchandise bags as well - but the napkins never last long. Pretty much everything gets into the vacation scrapbook in one form or other.
    The most unusual item I've got is a small fish made from palm leaves that an Animal Kingdom CM made and gave to my daughter.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It seems that the wad of napkins I grabbed wasn't such an oddity after all!

I was going to bring home an empty 50th Coke bottle, but perhaps the beagles at customs would have had a problem with it.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Senior Minion

I had a small bag from when I had bought something, so I now use it to keep my maps, show times paper, my ticket and any other little tidbit from my trip there, so that it's all in one place.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Oh my Goodness!

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have disneyland bags EVERYWHERE in my life. LOL I also take napkins - my friends and I started a tradition of writing letters to each other on the DL napkins when we can't be together at the park. We also send sugar packets and parking tickets and unused or void fastpasses from our trips. When I went to HKDL I kept EVERYTHING I could get my fingers on. My girlfriend who was with me was very entertained by it and helped me out. Hehe. Fun stuff...Good memories. I think the WEIRDEST thing I've saved....hmmm I have confettii from the 50th and from Snow White - not too weird I guess. A Pair of Chopsticks from HKDL was pretty neat. Hehe. I guess I keep anything that has a DL logo on it that is loose and wouldn't be considered stealing.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast