Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    As Al has stated in his article, Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage is set to open 4th of July weekend, 2007, and to soft open around the end of June.

    4th of July weekend? This gives me a heavy sense of trepidation, even with So Cal's blocked out...there's still the soft openings, which is more likely when the crowd of AP's will show up. The ride's capacity is rather limited, and there's the question of where that hideous line is going to go.

    So, I have a suggestion. What if Disneyland sent out special soft opening tickets to APs, setting aside to be used once between 1-3 days, depending on which AP one has? Premiums would have the first offering, then the Deluxes, etc...and once that's over anyone could ride during soft openings. No one else would be able to ride on set days. I think this would vastly help any line congestion scares for the soft openings of the ride.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,524

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    The lines are going to be very, very long no matter when it opens. I don't think that there is much they can do about it. The attraction just can't handle that many people an hour.

  3. #3

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,696

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Disneyland 2007 - The Summer From Hell

    1. Nemo ride opens
    2. Rock-It Mountain supposedly premieres
    3. Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End premieres at the park
    4. 4th of July crowds..............
    5. Hot weather?
    6. 1.5 year old by then

    AAAAAUGHHHHH! I am not looking forward to this!

  4. #4

    • The one and only
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    45

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    The lines are going to be so long that I am thinking about camping out now, just to be sure you know.
    "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world." W.E.D.

  5. #5

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,211

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

    So, I have a suggestion. What if Disneyland sent out special soft opening tickets to APs, setting aside to be used once between 1-3 days, depending on which AP one has?
    Thoughts?
    And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

    This is one of the reason many people don't like people who have AP's.

    Its reaks of "we are better than the people who don't have AP's.

    Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    The lines are going to be all the way to Toontown.

  7. #7

    • The one and only
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    45

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    The lines are going to be all the way to Toontown.
    Do you think they will let me stay in Mickey's house as I camp out then?
    "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world." W.E.D.

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54
    And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

    This is one of the reason many people don't like people who have AP's.

    Its reaks of "we are better than the people who don't have AP's.

    Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
    It's hardly meant to be special treatment. AP's in Orlando get to premiere all the new rides. Why the heck shouldn't we over here? They did it for Tower of Terror didn't they?

    It would also pull out the congestion-that is my point. The AP's will be the vast majority of people flooding the lines during soft openings and premiere time, because they'll know about it through the internet.

    Relax. Seriously.

  9. #9

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,696

    Talking Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54
    And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

    This is one of the reason many people don't like people who have AP's.

    Its reaks of "we are better than the people who don't have AP's.

    Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
    Cuz we are special! Especially those of us with PREMIUM passes! We are EXTRA SPECIAL!

  10. #10

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Disneyland 2007 - The Summer From Hell

    1. Nemo ride opens
    2. Rock-It Mountain supposedly premieres
    3. Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End premieres at the park...
    And don't forget the additional animatronics and the re-opening of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride once again next year (and the attendant lines!)
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 07-11-2006 at 12:38 PM.

  11. #11

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54
    And can you tell me why should AP's get special treatment in who gets to ride first.

    This is one of the reason many people don't like people who have AP's.

    Its reaks of "we are better than the people who don't have AP's.

    Your Idea has as much logic as if I said only non Ap's can go on nemo during a soft opening.
    Its not about special treatment. If AP's are allowed to go to an AP only soft opening, then they won't flood the attraction on opening day.

    Its pretty clear, especially after reading Al's update today, that many of the problems the first week POTC was re-opened were attributed to a much higher than anticipated demand for the ride... mainly from AP'ers. Shouldn't Disney take a cue from this experience and avert such a problem from happening to Nemo? By offering the AP crowd an opportunity to ride before Nemo is open to the general public, the AP's (most of them anyway) won't feel the need to innundate the queues on opening day, and the general public will have shorter lines.

    Really, everyone wins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  12. #12

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,211

    Smile Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Cuz we are special! Especially those of us with PREMIUM passes! We are EXTRA SPECIAL!
    well that clears it up a bunch, but can you tell me what the difference is between special and EXTRA SPECIAL, by your logic I should get to go first because I am super extra special

    sorry I did not mean to sound mad or anything it just came out that way, Thats whats happens when I send out micechap messages when I am at work!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  13. #13

    • Feeling A Bit Oogie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An hour from the Magic
    Posts
    175

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    Its not about special treatment. If AP's are allowed to go to an AP only soft opening, then they won't flood the attraction on opening day.

    Its pretty clear, especially after reading Al's update today, that many of the problems the first week POTC was re-opened were attributed to a much higher than anticipated demand for the ride... mainly from AP'ers. Shouldn't Disney take a cue from this experience and avert such a problem from happening to Nemo? By offering the AP crowd an opportunity to ride before Nemo is open to the general public, the AP's (most of them anyway) won't feel the need to innundate the queues on opening day, and the general public will have shorter lines.

    Really, everyone wins.
    It's only to help make lines shorter for the everyday Disneyland goer. Is that really that bad? Our "special treatment" would be helping everyone get on Nemo sooner.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

  14. #14

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,696

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Compared to Disney Management, salaried cast members, and hourly cast members..........Premium Annual Passholders are pond scum!

  15. #15

    • A Pirate's Life For Me
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    504

    Re: Dreading the Lines for Nemo

    Quote Originally Posted by bljfour
    The lines are going to be so long that I am thinking about camping out now, just to be sure you know.
    LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Lines
    By SwordintheStone in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
  2. Lines for the Nemo Subs
    By bcapsley in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
  3. Nemo lines this week???
    By disneylandtour in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
  4. nemo lines?
    By thrax in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 01:29 PM
  5. Are the Nemo Midnight lines really 2 1/2 hrs?
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •