• Grumpy old man

Sad (Vent) I lost most of my pictures from Disneyland

I'm really upset about this. I took 3 rolls of pictures when I was at Disneyland in late June. I finally get them developed and back today and there was only one packet on the counter, so I thought my mom took them.

I ask my dad when he comes home and he says the other two didn't develop, both of which had the majority of my pictures. The only roll that did was one with some old pictures plus a couple pictures around the park and part of the parade. Both the rolls I put in while at Disneyland didn't work. I don't know why. Everything sounded like it was working fine, I don't remember the cover coming open. I don't know if the Kodak is to blame (the roll that developed was Fugi), the rolls we bought, my camera or what. But it really sucks that I lost all of these pictures from one of greatest trips.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: (Vent) I lost most of my pictures from Disneyland

I'm sorry about your pictures

Hey, you've still got the memories, right? That's the most important thing.

• Closed Account

Sucks! Go digital! No rolls ever again!

• Banned User

I'm sorry trhat happned, Is there any photos i can take for you and then you can credit them as taken by you?

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Sucks! Go digital! No rolls ever again!
    I really want to. My grandma had her digital and so did my cousin, but I took twice the pictures they did, so even if I got their copies (which I probably will ask for), it won't make up for it.

My main thing throughout the park was to capture as many of the 50s as I could. The first roll at leats had my first and favorite one, on the Haunted Mansion. But it didn't have my other favorite, Splash Mountain or the floral Mickey (which I took from outside the gates), but I can get that one from my grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    I'm sorry trhat happned, Is there any photos i can take for you and then you can credit them as taken by you?
    That's a nice offer, but no. I think I'll survive. Maybe I can use this as fuel as to get my parents to have us make a trip in Janurary like I want. I won't get the 50th stuff, but at least I'll have more memories.

On the birght side, I don't have to look at my fireworks pictures which probably turned out like crap.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

All I can say is go digital or go back to polaroid. Sure with Polaroids you may not get the best pictures, but atleast you won't have to wait several days to find that out. If you take a bad polaroid, you can quickly find that out and take another one. Unfortunatly most of the supplies for polaroids are hard to find these days .

The same thing happened to my pictures. Nothing in black tends to develop.

• Banned User

Well what photos are you missing?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah! Go digital so you can erase 'em all in one fell "oops, wrong button!" swoop.

Sorry your pics didn't come out
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    Well what photos are you missing?
    Most. My film ends halfway through the parade when I had to change film.

The one's I regreat losing the most is probably the Electrical Parade, mainly because I never got to see it in it's final season and I don't know when I'll see it again, if ever.

I am glad I did get pictures of my youngest cousin trying to pull out the sword in the stone. He would not give up until I told him only Merlin's prescence could guarntee him pulling it (as I did many years ago)

• Huh?

I don't think the Fuji/Kodak problem is to blame.

Unless your camera was seriously broken and the film wasn't advancing, there should've been no problem. It's possible that the lab is to blame (which is a greater possibility, actually -- most lab people have no idea what they're doing).

Open the back of the camera. Turn flash on, look through the shutter and take a few photos. If you see a perfectly round flash of light, everything's good. I'm assuming that your camera lets you do this...

The only other thing to do is check out the film advance. Harder to test, but shoot a test roll, take it to a 1 hour lab and ask them to develop only -- do not cut. This should cost around $2. And it'll help you figure out the problems. The process should only take about 15 minutes if they're not too busy.
    -Tim

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    I don't think the Fuji/Kodak problem is to blame.

Unless your camera was seriously broken and the film wasn't advancing, there should've been no problem. It's possible that the lab is to blame (which is a greater possibility, actually -- most lab people have no idea what they're doing).

Open the back of the camera. Turn flash on, look through the shutter and take a few photos. If you see a perfectly round flash of light, everything's good. I'm assuming that your camera lets you do this...

The only other thing to do is check out the film advance. Harder to test, but shoot a test roll, take it to a 1 hour lab and ask them to develop only -- do not cut. This should cost around $2. And it'll help you figure out the problems. The process should only take about 15 minutes if they're not too busy.
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll run them past my dad, he's good with cameras. But we're starting to think the backing may have opened up on a ride or something. I had the camera in my pocket the entire day and one jolt on a ride may have opened it up, exposed the film, then another jolt closed it.

The film sounded like it was advancing though, it made all the right noises and rewound just fine.

• Grumpy old man

There is some good news. I may have 10 more pictures to add to the 20 or so from the other roll. I'm thinking it was a problem with advancing or bad film loading (hence an unspoken part where I thought I was getting 36 pictures on a roll of 24 since one of the rolls did have 36) This one may work and it has 10 pictures starting from Pete's Dragon of the electrical parade (my favorite part!) and has a couple more pictures from DCA at night, like the ToT. Joy!

• All you need is LOVE

If you know the pictures you are needing or want I can see if I have them