Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Year of a Million Dreams - what's your churro?

Okay, so Al's latest article talks about how the "Year of a Million Dreams" promo is going to involve a whole lot of fastpasses and free churros.

What would you like to see them offer?

And realistically, what would you like to see them offer?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Neep meep beep

Re: Year of a Million Dreams - what's your churro?

I'd love to see Walt's Apartment, climb to the top of the matterhorn, get a behind the scenes fireworks tour, and have front row, reserved seating for Remember. Being able to poke around after hours at the Haunted Mansion or Pirates, or Indiana Jones, would be amazing as well.

• Grumpy old man

Free churros sounds good to me.

I like Frogberto's idea, backstage tours of a ride of your choice.

• Disneyland 1st, then food

I would love to be able to have my own party in Disneyland, whether it was just in one land, or the whole park!! or how about a character as your tour guide for the day!!

• Senior Minion

Hmm.

Some realistic ones: lunch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery, with selected characters and a photographer.

Free passes to any of the tours they may be running.

Free seats to the Fastasmic dessert buffet.

Dinner vouchers for the Plaza, Cafe Orleans, Pizza Port, etc.

Free rides on the Lilly Belle. If they wanted to go all out, they probably could offer a lunch ride on that, too.

A voucher good for a free picture done by any of the park photographers.

Cast meet-and-greets with Aladdin

Tours of Walt's apartment.

Special seating for Remember.

There are plenty of good, not-difficult-or-expensive-to-pull-off things they could do, but it sure doesn't seem like they're going to be that creative. We may, indeed, find ourselves settling for the occasional churro, or maybe a bottle of Coke.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Definitely a backstage tour, the ability to see HM or POTC from a CM's POV, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here are some of the gifts mentioned by Disney...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...ninav-business

The U.S. campaign will be "Year of a Million Dreams," he said, with theme park employees giving away prizes big and small.

The prizes, which will be awarded to visitors chosen statistically by a third-party company, will include free dinners, Fast Passes that get people to the front of some lines and a lifetime of Disney vacations. Guests may also be named grand marshals of parades or given access to the exclusive, members-only Club 33 at Disneyland.

And from the Disney Press Release

Dreams Large and Small

A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night. Cinderella’s royal bedchamber, now under construction at the Magic Kingdom Park, will allow Disney Guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.

And for a lucky guest at the Disneyland Resort, each night, the all-new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland® Hotel will pour on the Mickey charm and include magical views overlooking both Disneyland® Park and Disney’s California Adventure® Park. The extraordinary penthouse will be decorated in all things Mickey, with finishing touches by none other than Minnie Mouse herself.

In addition, during the year-long celebration, other Disney dreams both large and small will be awarded in the “Disney Dreams Giveaway” promotion, such as:

Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade

A variety of unique Disney vacation experiences

Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Theme Parks

Private meetings with favorite Disney characters

Or, a “Golden FASTPASS” ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney’s most popular attractions.
    Now we know that the special nights stay at Orlando and Anaheim won't start until early 2007, as the rooms aren't even built yet.....

Ok, the press release says the Million Prize giveaway is a year-long.

In 2005, looking at the USA Main Theme Parks (no water parks), Amusement Business/ERA estimated the attendance at just under 55 million, add the increase in attendance, and we are looking at about 60 million visitors from October 2006 thru September 2007, so about a 1 in 60 chance of winning a prize each time you visit a park (I presume it will be chance a day, so going to a second park in the same day would not give you another "game piece".)

And who knows how they will handle this, either thru Scratch cards, which would be hard to control due to giving out the Cinderella Castle or special Disneyland Hotel Suite each day, or go back to the Gift-Giver type of program, where you either have a computer spit out a game piece when you enter, or the fact you will need to go to a bank of special machines to swipe your ticket/ParkHopper or AP (Something like a bank of FASTPASS machines that print out a FP like ticket that states that you are a winner and the prize, or something like "Come Back, and your dreams might come true tomorrow"). Or maybe another way.....

Now we are looking at a million prizes, about 1/3 in Anaheim, and 2/3'rds in Orlando.

Let's look at Anaheim, and round to make it easy to calculate, 365,000 prizes, or about 1,000 a day on average. Now we know that one person a day will get the hotel room (for about 8 months of the promotion), and I presume some prizes, such as a trip to each park worldwide and the vacation packages will be very limited, so a few people a day will get the admission to the special party, a few will get the Golden FASTPASS, but it looks like some folks will get something like a special "Where Dreams Come True" collector pin, or a Churro.

It should be interesting to see the official rules, but they are not planning to release them until October 1st.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

So Darkbeer, (interesting stuff, btw)... what would YOU like to see?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

I would like to have disneyland all by myself! Only me!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Me, an All you Can Drink pass to the Cove Bar and the Lost Bar, along with a Limo to and from the resort

barfo: what about the second question?

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Me, an All you Can Drink pass to the Cove Bar and the Lost Bar, along with a Limo to and from the resort

Now you are talking.
    You can have metrolink - I want to pass out in style!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

One other thing, since this is a giveaway, which the government will call a sweepstakes or a contest, there will have to be a way to win these "dreams" without paying for park admission.

For the Honda giveaway, folks were allowed to go to Guest Services outside of DCA (next to Lost and Found) and fill out a form and get a Scratch Card each day.

I presume that will be easier to handle, and will have less "alternative entry" people than offering what many places like McDonald's does for their game pieces, which is having to mail in a Self Addressed Stamped envelope to a processing center.

I can't wait to get my hands on the official rules and analyze the heck out of it..... (And this is a subject matter I know well)

• Talk to the Ed!

I would have to agree with the backstage tours of rides, including Space Mountain with the lights on!

To me I would love a membership (even one day but longer would be better of course) to Club 33. Heck I'll even pay for the food, I just want to get in!!!

Evan

Another I just thought of, that would be nostalgic, and also a bit of a prank to see the reaction of others (especially online). A walking tour of the Peoplemover track, in a group, and when over Tommorowlands' middle "avenue" part, we would all wear hardhats for imagineering, and carry around "blueprints". Think anyone would notice?
    Last edited by snooptoo; 07-11-2006 at 03:26 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I like all ideas said above.

As an addition, I'd like to tour around Pirates of the Caribbean after hours...and led by Captain Jack Sparrow! hehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast