• decorating

questions about concierge and Fantasmic buffet and a couple other things

My hubby and I are going to Disneyland for out 1st anniversary this September (haha, finally, booked it, LuvsLilo!)
    First things forst, the AAA lady said we'd have special seating at shows (LIke Aladdin) which shows are included in this? What else in the park does concierge do for you besides the morning madness thing.
    How far in advance would you think we'd would need to book Blue Bayou? (potentially eating there a Sunday or Monday, no idea what time of day, so we'll assume dinner.
    I've also heard about the dessert buffet (?) viewing of Fantasmic- where can I find more info about that? I had never heard it mentioned before I started reading the boards
    ANd other than Hook's Pointe, I've never eaten at a hotel (well, Lost Bar doesn't count as eating

I'd love a couple suggestions for a nice romantic evening.

PS SIerra tower, resort view... ahh fireworks....

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: questions about concierge and Fantasmic buffet and a couple other things

Romantic evening....Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, can't miss with that one!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea
    My hubby and I are going to Disneyland for out 1st anniversary this September (haha, finally, booked it, LuvsLilo!)
    First things forst, the AAA lady said we'd have special seating at shows (LIke Aladdin) which shows are included in this? What else in the park does concierge do for you besides the morning madness thing.
    How far in advance would you think we'd would need to book Blue Bayou? (potentially eating there a Sunday or Monday, no idea what time of day, so we'll assume dinner.
    I've also heard about the dessert buffet (?) viewing of Fantasmic- where can I find more info about that? I had never heard it mentioned before I started reading the boards
    ANd other than Hook's Pointe, I've never eaten at a hotel (well, Lost Bar doesn't count as eating

I'd love a couple suggestions for a nice romantic evening.

PS SIerra tower, resort view... ahh fireworks....
    ALL (EXCEPT FOR FIREWORKS, TOURS AND SHOWS) your questions can be answered at Disney Dine
    Call 1-714-781-DINE (disney dine takes reservations up to 60 days in advance)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Food & Whine Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Romantic evening....Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, can't miss with that one!
    I'll second that! Napa Rose operates in a much different universe than the other DLR restaurants. There are only a small handful of places in the entire county that equal it, let alone within the resort. And a comparative fine-dining bargain with entrees in the mid-$20 to mid-$30s (especially compared to Vegas, New York or Chicago). Granville's in the DL Hotel is also very quiet and romantic. It's a conventional upscale steakhouse menu, but they do a nice job and the service is terrific.

I hope they get Blue Bayou up to the levels that they aspire. I was so excited about the changes, but the menu is really uninspired. But then again it's all about location location location (and it sure is a beauty).

If you want a big romantic indulgence, the new Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian has a "couples massage." The spas isn't quite as luxe as I would have imagined (especially for the price), but it's still nice. And it's the only one in the resort. Only worth it if dropping hundreds of dollars is no big deal.

I have a slightly negative take on the Fantasmic! dessert buffet. It's only worth it in terms of time-savings. I did the balcony seating and really enjoyed the view and the special treat of being among only a few others, but the castmembers didn't really seem as gracious as you'd expect for a "VIP" event (just going through the motions). And the desserts? Well...they mostly sucked. No other way to describe them. I wasn't expecting 4-star sweets, but I really thought they'd at least be "good for what they were" (and they weren't). What good is all-you-can-eat when nothing tastes all that good? But I'm a hypercritical food snob, I guess, because a lot of people really like it. I did appreciate the fact that I didn't have to stake out a viewing spot 2-3 hours in advance.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (almost). I hope you have a wonderful time.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea
    My hubby and I are going to Disneyland for out 1st anniversary this September (haha, finally, booked it LuvsLilo!)
    Yay!

Be sure to remember to take a romantic cruise around the world on It's a Small World.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugman
    I have a slightly negative take on the Fantasmic! dessert buffet. It's only worth it in terms of time-savings. I did the balcony seating and really enjoyed the view and the special treat of being among only a few others, but the castmembers didn't really seem as gracious as you'd expect for a "VIP" event (just going through the motions). And the desserts? Well...they mostly sucked. No other way to describe them. I wasn't expecting 4-star sweets, but I really thought they'd at least be "good for what they were" (and they weren't). What good is all-you-can-eat when nothing tastes all that good? But I'm a hypercritical food snob, I guess, because a lot of people really like it. I did appreciate the fact that I didn't have to stake out a viewing spot 2-3 hours in advance.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (almost). I hope you have a wonderful time.
    I guess I have a completely different take on the service at the dessert buffet. I sat up there with my DW & DD and we were taken care very well. About midway thru the show I went back to the table to get some more goodies. I was picking thru the fruit plate but couldn't find anymore blueberries. These berries were the best I've seen in along time, great big ones with a sweetness and flavor you just don't find in supermarkets. A young girl came over to see if she could help me and asked what I was looking for. When I told her, she informed me that there would not be another serving plate coming out. So I gathered what I could and went back to my seat. About 3 minutes later she is right behind me and taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and she hands me a large bowl filled with blueberries. I was very grateful that my wife & daughter are not fans of blueberries, as I was more like a Hobbit with mushrooms with that bowl.

Not something that they needed to do, but they took that extra step to do something special for a guest. (and no, I'm not a Lindsey Lohan lookalike (and that might have helped)).