Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• FastPass n00b

Re: What's up with this?

I always refer to him as the "WDW exec", in quotes since he's only allegedly a WDW exec. Personally, I think WDW should lock down their computers at night because it looks like the janitors there are posing as execs and writing nasty e-mails to Al.

• I <3 Clarinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover
    I'm sure it's real. The question is why Al would post it. Al is usually above stuff like that. Posting that e-mail reminds me of the kind of stuff Jim Hill does. I thought you were better than that Al.
    If anything, it's something above and beyond the normal amount of negativity any internet columnist can say to someone. If it is a fake from a disgruntled fan, which it very well could be with its weighted language, than I'm glad he told the world about how crude their language is. And if it really was a WDW Exec...than I thank him for showing the world the mindset of at least one Disney exec.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Phoney as a three dollar bill...
    Agreed!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• FastPass n00b

If the "WDW exec" was this upset, Al MUST be doing something right. After all, he is allegedly an MBA with an executive job in marketing, the primary group responsible for the out of touch execs who run a park based off spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations instead of legwork and mingling with the guests.

If there is one type of person we NEED pissed off at Al, it's the marketing execs who can't see past their MBA. When the marketing execs with MBA's are agreeing and praising Al, we'd better run for the hills!

• Banned User

How can it be fake? Al wouldn't do that...Would he?

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    How can it be fake? Al wouldn't do that...Would he?
    Al definitely wouldn't post something unless it's been verified, but there are plenty of things that could invalidate the e-mail. For instance, if it simply had a WDW.com domain, it could've come from anyone. Also, if someone got access to an execs computer for some reason. But I don't think Al would ever post something without having a very good idea where it came from.

It's kind of a bizarre message for a WDW exec to send, but I'm thinking Al might've touched a nerve somewhere back with a previous update.

I think its real, but just from WDW fans. As you could tell that lots of WDW fans hate him.

• Banned User

So you guys are saying it comes from a real WDW exec?

Hmmm...if that's true, I hope Iger catches this thread.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I think al should of never posted it. If Al is allowed to speak his opinion in a coloumn, then other people are too, even if they disagree with what he says. Knowone should EVER be bashed for their opinion, we were all made to have different ones. Al should of been more mature, should of acted like a grown up and not post it, because by posting it, isn't he just stooping to the email senders level? he sent an email for confidentiality, Al should of never posted it in the first place!
    Last edited by Disney Analyst; 07-12-2006 at 09:29 AM.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Closed Account

Notice how it is lacking a From line?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst
    I think al should of never posted it. If Al is allowed to speak his opinion in a coloumn, then other people are too, even if they disagree with what he says. Knowone should EVER be bashed for their opinion, we were all made to have different ones. Al should of been more mature, should of acted like a grown up and not post it, because by posting it, isn't he just stooping to the email senders level? he sent an email for confidentiality, Al should of never posted it in the first place!
    Freedom of choice!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Freedom of choice!

correction, Freedom to make the Right choice.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

If someone had sent a letter providing personal or even incriminating information to Al, then yes, the message should have (and no doubt would have) been treated as a confidential correspondence.

The letter in question divulged nothing personal or incriminating (other than immaturity and a lack of character), and was a simple attack.

I do not see how Al sunk to the sender's level by positing it. Had Al responded in kind, then he would have been sinking to their level.

I don't think it's quite sinking to the level of the sender, but Al usually stays above outside criticism of himself and his site. He gets attacked all the time. So, why is he giving the person the attention this time. Does he feel the need to say "Look, Disney execs read my site!" That's how I interpreted it.

• insufferable know-it-all

I think al should of never posted it. If Al is allowed to speak his opinion in a coloumn, then other people are too, even if they disagree with what he says.
    I don't believe he said that the exec wasn't entitled to his opinion. But if you're going to write your opinion (especially to someone who publishes a column), be prepared to have it read. It's like posting something here on MC and seeing it referred to on another site. If you don't like people reading what you wrote, don't write it down.

I'll tell you why I believe it's legit. (Over and above my personal knowledge of Al's integrity):

No matter how fancy the letters are on your piece of paper, you're still just another human being, like the rest of us. You're subject to the same emotions we all are. I think inside every "professional adult" is a teenager still trying to find his way in the world. That letter speaks to the emotions of that lost teen. No matter how much we "grownups" try to pretend we're immune to thinking that way, the truth is inside us we all have these internal rants. Usually the ravages of time and training help us to keep those thoughts inside, so we project a veneer of polished maturity. But that doesn't mean our internal monologue follows the same rules. This is just someone whose emotions opened a door and allowed the person to act on something that normally an executive wouldn't dirty their hands with.

And yeah, he's probably regretting every word he typed.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast