Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: What's up with this?

Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Phoney as a three dollar bill...
    Hey I have one of those !

Anyway I honestly think it was from a real manager at WDW.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I don't believe he said that the exec wasn't entitled to his opinion. But if you're going to write your opinion (especially to someone who publishes a column), be prepared to have it read. It's like posting something here on MC and seeing it referred to on another site. If you don't like people reading what you wrote, don't write it down.
    I agree. Doesn't it say somewhere in the MC Terms of Service or Copyright information that all things posted on MC becomes the property of MC? Thus allowing MC to do whatever they want with it? Or did I mis-read something?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Ah here I found it:

Submissions
    The tangible embodiment of all message board posts, e-mail messages, articles, comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information disclosed or offered to MiceChat through this Site or in response to solicitations found on this Site or other MiceChat sites (collectively, the “Comments”) shall be deemed and shall remain the property of MiceChat.

• insufferable know-it-all

That doesn't apply to Miceage though. Or are you talking about the difference between private email and message board posts? The only thing is, Al is a man with a column, who very frequently posts parts of the emails he receives as a part of his column, when relevant. So anyone who reads his work often enough to be disturbe by it cannot be unaware of the possibility that their email might be published, either in whole or part.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh. No I was just thinking about Emails. But I would think that once someone sends Al an Email, he would have the right to publish it.

dang if this does happen to be real ill be really upset! how can such an innocent and promising company let someonene like this be involved. walt sure wouldnt approve

I don't think that it is real. Come on!! It is real as Jim Hill's sources. LOL.

P.S.

Please stop attacking WDW fans, okay. Every park has something special. I have been to Disneyland, it is a nice park but I still like Walt Disney World. You guys on the west coast, have a Roger Rabbit dark ride. I would love to have one over here in Orlando.

• Banned User

if Al really got this email... (which, I'm really not doubting... but it
    seems more like that friend of a Jungle Cruise skipper last week or
    so - that was weird!) I'd write back and tell the idiot writing
    to send me my $349.00 back in the form of a cashier's check and
    see how REAL the email is then...

IF the dude actually sent the money back, then we'd have an
    issue on our hands! If nothing... then we know the exec is either
    bluffing OR completely fake!!

• We set sail for the sky

It is obviously a fake and it is also obvious (to me) that Al made it up.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Last edited by Uzmati; 07-19-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Last edited by Uzmati; 07-19-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

It irks me that so many people bash Al, including people at other Disney message boards and now, this "WDW Exec." I can understand a poke here or there about others (I'm guilty of poking a little fun a Jim Hill), but unlike JH, Al criticizes the parks and he has every right to do so - he's a critic. But Al posts information that typically pans out to be true, or at least pans out in some form where you can see that he had at least some correct info from his sources. People like to jump on that and say Al is a hack and hates Disney - but whatever, I find no fault with Al's criticism - he's entitled to it - I mean, it is HIS web site, afterall, and he isn't faking columns of information just to get readers.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I may not agree with the letter, it's obviously fake (I mean not actually from an executive). However, when reading his articles, I do get annoyed and somewhat offended when he tends to blame everything on Annual Passholders. Sure, there were "69,000" in the park, but why does he have to point out that "35,000 of them were Annual Passholder." Why does that matter? Then, just a little bit down the article, he again points out that "over 33,000 annual passholders were at the park" Tuesday. Again, why does is matter?

I like his articles, but when he starts blaming every long line, large crowd, and breakdowns on Annual Passholders, I get offended. I also don't like when he constantly attacks California Adventure, that's not professional journalism.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst
    correction, Freedom to make the Right choice.
    No, freedom of choice. He could have made the freedom to make the right choice, but who does that these days?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    It irks me that so many people bash Al, including people at other Disney message boards and now, this "WDW Exec." I can understand a poke here or there about others (I'm guilty of poking a little fun a Jim Hill), but unlike JH, Al criticizes the parks and he has every right to do so - he's a critic. But Al posts information that typically pans out to be true, or at least pans out in some form where you can see that he had at least some correct info from his sources. People like to jump on that and say Al is a hack and hates Disney - but whatever, I find no fault with Al's criticism - he's entitled to it - I mean, it is HIS web site, afterall, and he isn't faking columns of information just to get readers.
    MasterGracey, very well said!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123