Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs down What's up with this?

To: [email protected]
    Subject: From a WDW Executive

I gotta tell you.... I cannot read your crap any longer. You spew so much negativity about this company that you supposedly love. All you do is bitch and moan about how we market the parks... what our offerings are. Tell me... do you have an MBA in Marketing? How many theme parks have you run? Our attendance should indicate that we're doing a pretty good job of running this organization. If you're so miserable and hate everything we do so much, why don't you stop coming. In fact, if you promise to never set foot in these places that obviously dis-please you so much, I'll refund your annual pass out of my own pocket.
    This came from Al's latest article update.
    Geez, that's pretty rude, huh?...especially coming from a Disney Executive.

Kind of makes me wonder if this really is from an executive, and if it does come from an executive, I hope he gets his *** fired, literally - you just don't talk to people like that.

What do you guys think of this - does it make you have disappointment in the Company??

• Minion

Re: What's up with this?

Aww man...If i got an email like that I would cry
    But I think its a fake to be honest..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket
    Aww man...If i got an email like that I would cry
    But I think its a fake to be honest..
    I'm hoping that is true. I think if a higher up executive found this, he would get fired.

• Monorail Racer

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical about it's validity. If it WAS true, the exec ought to be terminated. Any CM sure would if they made such grand pronouncements. The email just smells, however.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Born is Sin Come Right In

I dont Think an Executive would Jepordize his position by slandering a internet column artist that way knowing he had the power to place it for all to see.
    Signature is Pending review

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

personally
    I dont' think it's real either
    I don't think a excutive would write that.
    After all, they know he'll publish it.

If you read about Walt and the early years, he didn't market every corner you walked down with crap. Yes, he had things to buy (and I'm sure he made money...he had to in order to keep the park alive), but he didn't forced you into a shop after getting of a ride (it may be off to the side, but you walked in because you wanted something...not because you had to).

I personally like Al's articles. I think they bring up good points and aren't too harsh (sometimes, but I don't the he bashes too much--I think another MA writer on here does though...and way too much).

Disney is a company. They need to make money to keep the park alive.
    I just don't think having a shop at the end of the ride is something that is needed.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• A Pirate's life for me!

Phoney as a three dollar bill...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't think it's real either...I doubt an executive from anywhere would use words like that, knowing that they could easily be exposed.

Still, poor Al. I think he goes a little too far sometimes in some of his wording, but he's sharing his opinion and is showing us what is really going on. He didn't deserve to get an email like that.

I doubt it's real, too.

At least, I'd hope an executive would have better letter-writing skills. Sounds like a pissed-off, slow teenager buzzed on Thunderbird to me.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Remember, Al has the message headders from the actual email

Things written in haste can cause a lot of pain. I'm sure the guy is kicking himself now that Al has posted it.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Oh, I have no doubts it's real. Al has too much integrity to make something like that up, and it sounds too much like too many of the arrogant schmucks working in the WDC Parks division.

Lord knows enough people in higher management have tried to change the attitudes of these people, and tried to get them into the parks to see what the actual guest experience, with no avail. If you ask me, I say it's time for a purge.

• no flash photography...

I thik i would feel the same way if I was running DL...(real email or not)....it's easy to be critical, but it gets boring reading the same **** over and over andoaver again....I've heard some peoples "ideas" for the park that post on boards and they range from mildly amusing, to way out there, to just scary and not well thought out...I think the people running the parks are doing a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Oh, I have no doubts it's real. Al has too much integrity to make something like that up, and it sounds too much like too many of the arrogant schmucks working in the WDC Parks division.
    Oh, I never though Al made it up. I just doubted it came from a real exec.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by RPH
    Oh, I never though Al made it up. I just doubted it came from a real exec.
    Same here.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I'm sure it's real. The question is why Al would post it. Al is usually above stuff like that. Posting that e-mail reminds me of the kind of stuff Jim Hill does. I thought you were better than that Al.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast