• 'splosions

anyone been to Starcade lately?

there's 2 kids who are always on the Dance Dance Revolution and always picking the hardest songs and totally rockin on them.
    even the CM patrolling the Starcade comes by and watches them. seems like she knows them by name

highest combo i saw was 108

their feet are almost a blur they're going so fast.

check them out sometime, they cant be older than 16

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: anyone been to Starcade lately?

I say, shut down starcade and put all Innoventions crap in there (1st and 2nd floor).
    Re imagine the Innovention bldg. to something that is entertaining, but sticks w/ the TL theme (if there's even a theme left)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I say, shut down starcade and put all Innoventions crap in there (1st and 2nd floor).
    Re imagine the Innovention bldg. to something that is entertaining, but sticks w/ the TL theme (if there's even a theme left)
    Good thing this is a thread about armchair imagineering the Starcade then!

I saw some amazing DDR players a few weeks ago, maybe they were the same ones. What songs were these guys playing?

• 'splosions

... O_O

i cant rememer for the life of me now!

started with an O i believe and had a bunch of anime pictures floating in the background...really catchy

• Monorail Racer

I try to avoid it myself. Playing arcade games instead of enjoying the attractions? Not a chance!

That said, being old like I am, there's no chance you'll ever catch me trying out DDR in public. I've seen some kids doing it and there's just no way I'd keep up for very long.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• I <3 Clarinet.

I think I know the pair you saw at the Starcade. They make me never want to play DDR in public again actually.

My friends and I went to Disneyland once and we had 15 minutes to kill before Space Mountain FPs...so we headed over to the Starcade and decided to play DDR after some amazing people. It's interesting how quickly the crowd disappates when you're getting 4 step combos at the max on the easiest levels

• Banned User

You should really watch "PeoplemoverMatt" from visions fantasti.c He's amazing at that game. No one could beat him. He gets a perfect score on playing with 2 pads. Believe it.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat
    there's 2 kids who are always on the Dance Dance Revolution and always picking the hardest songs and totally rockin on them.
    even the CM patrolling the Starcade comes by and watches them. seems like she knows them by name

Don't know if those were the same two we saw last Sunday but DH and I couldn't help but stare at how fast their feet were going!

We usually visit the Starcade to play an ancient Star Wars game - the two player gunner/pilot one. Although this last visit may have been the last time we get to play it - the controls were not responding at all.

• FastPass n00b

Man, I didn't even know the Starcade was still around. I remember playing there for hours while my family rode Star Tours or Space Mountain. I was scared of both rides and arcades were all the rage back then.

But I think the last time I ever stepped foot into that area, Street Fighter II was the #1 game...not to mention Shinobi and the gun "draw" games were still there.

Never played DDR, but it's nice to know that kids are at least getting some excercise from video games now. Some of them literally work up a sweat playing that game which is excellent in this era of schools with attitudes of "We can't afford a P.E. class, but we sure as hell can afford a McDonalds on site". Sorry about the rant, but DDR really is a great thing to happen to kids, just like the Harry Potter books that got kids reading again.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat

As my pappy used to say to me, "The sign of a good Dance Dance Revolution player is the sign of a wasted childhood!" Or was it pool player?