Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Wedding in front of castle, who's done it?

Has anyone on this board actually been crazy (or wealthy) enough to get married in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle? My fiance and I were looking at some pictures the other day and although it was expensive, we are actually considering getting married there. Granted, I think there is a max of about 50 guests, but we really don't mind only having our immediate family there. DL has and will always be our special place and we figured what better than to get married there. Any advice from those of y'all who have been married or considered being married at DL?

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Wedding in front of castle, who's done it?

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ilWeddingsPage

Total pricing, including all applicable taxes and gratuities, for above-described event could range from $20,000-$45,000.
    If you are willing to spend that much for your wedding, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ilWeddingsPage

If you are willing to spend that much for your wedding, why not?
    That's actually not bad considering the average wedding price is 20-25k!!! Sounds like lots of fun. I like that Disney provides you with characters and professional musicians--they have awesome musicians.

• Back After Missing MC

We considered this as an option when we decided we were not going to have a "traditional" wedding. The reason we did not opt for the Disneyland wedding was due to the cost compared to what we would get for the money. When we looked into it you could have the ceremony in front of the castle and possibly stay in the park for the rest of the day but that was about it. In the end we still wanted Disneyland to be part of our special day since it is so much centered around family so we flew our families out to California, got married on a ship in Newport Beach, and then spent the rest of the time at Disneyland (his family had never been to the park. I loved every second of it and have no regrets but think if you have the cash and the opportunity to get married at the Happiest Place on Earth than what better way to start out your lives together?

• Closed Account

Not that rich to afford the unworldly prices! When we got married in 1995 we actually looked into getting married at DL. Unfortunately this was before you could get married "IN" the park and you were stuck outside at the Wedding Pavillion! I remember it was in the $20,000.00 range! WDW is even more!

I did however proposed infront of the castle! Does that count?

• Shubisha

eeeh am I just reading this wrong or does it mention nothing about having the wedding ceremony in front of the castle? it says ceremony in the hotel with a sleeping beauty castle backdrop.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    eeeh am I just reading this wrong or does it mention nothing about having the wedding ceremony in front of the castle? it says ceremony in the hotel with a sleeping beauty castle backdrop.
    You can have the wedding ceremony in front of the actual castle, or you have two other options that are at the hotels, one in quite a lovely garden.

Maybe you are reading about the reception?

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Yeah, I think you might be looking in the wrong place. If you look on Disney's website, there are pictures of the whole setup in front of the castle. There are pictures of what the decorations look like, the carriage that your bride to be can roll up in, and the stage / altar where the ceremony takes place.

I agree with brigeet that it really isn't too much considering that it would be the kind of wedding that doesn't take place as often as say a church wedding. Plus my fiance's favorite princess is Aurora. I figure, what better place to marry my princess than in front of her favorite princess' castle

• I'm your huckleberry.

I love Disneyland as much as the next Disney freak, but call me crazy, I'd much rather save that $20k+ for a down payment on a house and just spend a couple of thousand on a small, private ceremony and a nice honeymoon.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I was blowing $20k on one day. Not even a whole day, a few hours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

the average wedding has 150 guests and runs 20k-30k depending on where you live. it's more in the northeast but then in the northeast they have huge receptions with sit down meals and such. the 20k for a disney wedding isn't for 150 guests i bet.

• Back After Missing MC

WICKEDBUSA I am not sure if you have done a lot of on-line searching for Disney wedding stuff but thought this site might help:

http://www.mousesavers.com/weddinghoneymoon.html

You can subscribe to the newsletter too so hopefully you will find some helpful hints and tips

• Avoiding new PoTC pics...

My question is, and maybe I am missing something here, but when would your wedding take place? 7 am? 1 am? If you paid all that money, would you really want to do it during park operating hours, with all the visitors around, staring, hooting and hollering, etc? That doesn't seem worth it to me. It would be creepy to have all those people watching your wedding.

OK, it does NOT say that you get married in front of the castle!!!

A Sample Lavish Wedding budget for 100 guests could include the following elements:
    • Ceremony in one of the magical and unique locations of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort with accompaniment of a classical harpist
    • Lavish floral to include bridal bouquet, three bridesmaids' bouquets, groom and three groomsmen boutonnieres
    • A unity candle arrangement
    • Cinderella's Coach for bride's arrival at ceremony and usage throughout Ceremony
    • Major Domo to deliver rings in glass slipper during ceremony
    • Two trumpeting heralds to announce bride's entrance to ceremony and bride and groom's entrance to dinner
    • Rose Petals for a Staged Exit
    • Valet Parking
    • Cocktail reception in one of our beautiful gardens with items such as:
      • Station of Artisan Selection Cheeses
      • Array of seafood, including: Jumbo Gulf Shrimp, Mussels, Clams on the Half Shell, and Crab Claws on Ice with Traditional Garnish
    • A Strolling Violinist to play throughout cocktail hour and dinner
    • Open Bar throughout event (based on a five hour event)
    • Lavish wedding centerpieces, Chair covers with Bows and specialty Table Overlays
    • Sit Down dinner - Menu available upon request
    • Champagne Toast
    • Wine Service with Dinner
    • Lavish designed Wedding Cake
    • Chocolate Covered Strawberries to accompany cake
    • White Chocolate Castle Cake Topper
    • Disc Jockey with Lighting Package (based on 4 hours)
    • Sleeping Beauty Castle Backdrop
    • Mickey & Minnie in Formal Attire
    • Landscaping Package
    Total pricing, including all applicable taxes and gratuities, for above-described event could range from $20,000-$45,000.

It says that you get a ceremony in one of the hotels, with a sleeping beauty castle "Backdrop". That means a rolled up painting of the castle, like at a portrait studio.

I was wondering how I have been to Disneyland all those times, and I have never seen anyone doing this.

But then I found this:

Bring little girl dreams to life when you arrive at Sleeping Beauty Castle in Cinderella's coach beneath the twinkling stars. Your imagination is the only limit to the possibilities at this most magic of locations
    I am just confused, how do they do this with guests around? It would have to be at like 2 am?!?!

• Princess of my own world

There is a place where I have read on the wedding site that says you can get married infront of the castle and have your reception in Fantasyland. It would be really cool but it's 25,000-40,000 as stated above. I would rather get married at one of the hotels then use the extra cash to pay for my Disneyland honeymoon.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast