Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent Water?

•   
    • Kerplookee

Decent Water?

Our last trip we brought in bottles and kept refilling throughout the day but the water is really bad from the fountains. Is this consistant throughout the park or does anyone know better places to get water?
    I read someone say the Mint Julip bar in NOS was a great refill spot but is this any better than the rest?

• is on the rocks

Re: Decent Water?

When DH and I went this weekend, we froze a couple of bottles of water and kept refilling those. Surprisingly, the ice lasted pretty long - almost the entire day. They didn't taste too bad, maybe because cold water tastes better than lukewarm?

Or maybe we were just so thirsty it didn't really matter what the water tasted like...

• insufferable know-it-all

It used to be that the water in the Space Mountain queue was the worst water available. However, Disney water has improved overall, and Space Mountain water is now pretty decent. But last Sunday I discovered a fountain that was almost as bad as the old Space Mountain water - the metal fountain outside the Village Haus bathrooms is TERRIBLE!

One GOOD place to find water usually, is the fountain inside the courtyard of Sleeping Beauty Castle, near the SB statue. Its pipes are well insulated by the structure so the water is generally colder than from most fountains, which also lends itself to better tasting water.

You can also always ask at a food counter if you may have a cup of tap water.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Grumpy old man

Water was fine for me. But I guess compared to Vallejo's water (nasty) and the water brand for the bottles we brought orginally (Arrowhead), most would be pretty good.

Our hotel water was pretty good too.

• Yeah...I'm cool

I find the water in the baby station and the River Belle Terrace to be pretty good.

•   
    • Kerplookee

I'm used to my water in the North Bay. My girlfriend could not drink from the water fountain in Disneyland. We talked to many locals who also said they dont drink the water.
    In TOT line, a couple gave us a bottle of water and said they carry about 12 waters in a backpack every day in the park. It was extremely nice of them.

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    Water was fine for me. But I guess compared to Vallejo's water (nasty) and the water brand for the bottles we brought orginally (Arrowhead), most would be pretty good.

You don't like Arrowhead? That's my favorite water! I'm very surprised to hear that. Personally, I used to hate loathe and despise Sparkletts (it used to really suck), but it's gotten better through the years.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mortality's Muse

There used to be a water foutain with decent water in the POTC queue, but i don't know if it is still there anymore...

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    You don't like Arrowhead? That's my favorite water! I'm very surprised to hear that. Personally, I used to hate loathe and despise Sparkletts (it used to really suck), but it's gotten better through the years.
    It used to be really good, but lately hasn't been so great. I like Kirkland (Costco), Dasani and Alhambra.

I was really surprised at how cheap water was at DLR. $2.75 is nothing compared to most fairs, car shows, and NASCAR events that I attend.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Fm™
    There used to be a water foutain with decent water in the POTC queue, but i don't know if it is still there anymore...
    It's still there The water there, last I checked, was okay. Then again, I'm spoiled. My boyfriend always carries around several bottles of Aquafina ^_^

• Mortality's Muse

It used to be really good, but lately hasn't been so great. I like Kirkland (Costco), Dasani and Alhambra.

I was really surprised at how cheap water was at DLR. $2.75 is nothing compared to most fairs, car shows, and NASCAR events that I attend.
    My family likes Kirkland but I think it's gross. I, oddly enough, prefer tap water to any kind of bottled water.
    Water at the 2006 Vans Warped Tour was 4 bucks a pop.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

The problem with the water in So Cal is that its all treated with chemicals because it all comes through farmlands that use pesticides. Because off all the 'treatments' at the water treatment plants in an effort to cut down the amount of pesticides in the water, it gives it a very nasty taste. For more information about where So Cal gets its water, go to http://www.water-ed.org/watersources...?rid=9&cid=562
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• /sigh

I don't much care for Arrowhead either. But, it's definitely better than tap. I'm a water snob....I really only care to drink Disani
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

And some people say that water has no taste!
    I've never been one to drink tapwater. I grew up in So Cal, and the water from the tap was never very good taste-wise. We always were visited by the Sparkletts Man and that water is still my favorite. When DH and I go into the park, we always take along bottles. Can be heavy at first, but it's exercise, right? And it gives us a chance to test out all the bathrooms. I have to make a mental note to try out the secret bathroom next time...
    You don't like Arrowhead? That's my favorite water! I'm very surprised to hear that. Personally, I used to hate loathe and despise Sparkletts
    On a side note, I hate, loathe and despise Arrowhead. Have always thought it tastes like spit.
    Just wanted to celebrate our differences.

• I'm your huckleberry.

After living in the San Bernardino mountains, where my tap water was mountain spring water that tasted sweeter and fresher than any bottled water I've ever tried.... yeah, I'm a little water spoiled.

I like Arrowhead better than Sparkletts anyday, but I think Dasani is my favorite bottled water. It still pales in comparison to the tap water in Forest Falls I tell you!

As for decent water in the park, try the water fountain in first aid. At least its REALLY cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast