Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I'm pretty sure Tokyo has something akin to Discovery Bay.

I know I sound negative, but perhaps maybe Discovery Bay only sounds so great because we don't have it. If it really were here, we'd probably be complaining if its paint was chipping or something. Just a thought.

I think Fantasyland and the Matterhorn fit together fairly well. You could argue that the Skyway never really fit into Disneyland period. It wasnt fantasy and it wasnt the future. It was just buckets. I loved it, but I'm just saying, it didnt really fit either (the FL station fit, but that was all).

I think that a new land in the MBC/Matterhorn area isn't really needed. If you make Autopia part of a new land, [/B]THEN TOMORROWLAND IS SHORT A RIDE, and We're always complaining of having little to do there. Face it: No guarantees of a new Peoplemover, so we shouldn't just excise one of the few rides in Tomorrowland.[B] I just think MBC and Matterhorn are fine where they are, in Fantasyland.

The Subs/Nemo isn't futuristic, but I have began to realize that almost none of Tomorrowland is futuristic anymore. It has never been said that Buzz Lightyear lives in the future, and he's a toy would could own today. Star Tours is based off a movie series of today, the Starcade games are all "today", Space Mtn, HISTA aren't really futuristic (well, actually, their stories are).

All I'm saying is that Nemo will be very popular even if sadly they couldnt be smart enough to think of a fitting new theme for the subs in Tomorrowland.

• U. B. Bold

I think the idea is for more of a research outpost theme rather than Jules Verne or Barbary Coast. Something in keeping with the "oceanographer yellow" of the subs and the mountain conquering aspect of the Matterhorn. You know, "mysteries of the deep", "abominable snow monster", lost worlds and great discoveries... that kind of thing. A blending of fact and fantasy and the excitement of expiditions into the unknown.
    And, I suppose, with a major re-theming the Autopia could fit into all of that too. I like the idea of the Autopia going into some kind of show building but they would definately have to make them electric. Deisel fumes! Phew!
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Build the EXPEDITION EVEREST ride over the Motorboat Cruise and let the autopia and monorail weave in and out of tunnels and wrap around it.

Then both mountains could be part of EXPLORERLAND or DISCOVERYLAND.

Matterhorn fits visually with fantasyland really really well, but thematically its a little suspect. I don't mind it being a Fantasyland ride, but a discovery/exploration-centered land featuring those rides would be pretty cool.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The subs are futuristic...we know more about space than we do of our own oceans.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Build the EXPEDITION EVEREST ride over the Motorboat Cruise and let the autopia and monorail weave in and out of tunnels and wrap around it.

I doubt if EXPEDITION EVEREST is coming. But maybe some version of Storm Chaser from TDS? That would fit an "Explorerland" theme.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    It's a little soon to be cloning EXPEDITION EVEREST (since when was that spelled in capitals?), because nobody even knows if the first one at Animal Kingdom is good since its hasnt opened.

And why did you (CaliforniaAdventurer) capitalize EXPLORERLAND and DISCOVERYLAND like that? I hate it when people capitalize things that arent meant to be capitalized. It's annoying.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    STORM CHASERS would be fun too.

No, I'm not capitalizing things to make them appear like the title treatment of the ride or anything... Thinking about this I think its cause I draft a lot of contracts at work and we always put the title of the movie in "CAPS" so I think the titles of new rides or lands should be CAPITALIZED if its all the same to YOU mr. MOTOR BOAT CRUISER hehehe.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by mickhyperion
    That Discovery Bay concept seems tailor made for DCA at this point, especially as it was referred to as a "San Francisco of the 1850-1880's," complete with Chinatown. The entire area between A Bug's Land and Paradise Pier would be a perfect spot. DCA could stand a big infusion of history.
    Thats a good point, who says that the theme has to be California of TODAY

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I know Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are fairly similar but it would be fun to have EE here too...

If not, maybe they can build the volcano from TDS rising from the sub lagoon with autopia cars and monorails whirling around it...

• Minion

I know Matterhorn and Expedition Everest are fairly similar but it would be fun to have EE here too...

If not, maybe they can build the volcano from TDS rising from the sub lagoon with autopia cars and monorails whirling around it...
    Is there a way to use that basic idea but in a totally unique-to-Disneyland way?

I forget who has advocated this basic idea in the past, but how about instead of the volcano, have the "mountain" be entirely made of crystals, like those found in the Matterhorn's cave? It would unify the two areas, and could make a great transition from the woody Fantasyland to a sort of fantasy of nature to a very chrome-and-crystal futuristic sculpture with lighting effects leading into Tomorrowland. You could even repeat this basic idea in that funky Ariel meet and greet and wrap it around to the Tomorrowland "gate" once AstroOrbitor moves back to the Rocket Tower.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    I like the Crystal Caves idea, as long as it's a mountain and you can see it from the 5 Fwy I'm with you brother.

• Minion

I like the Crystal Caves idea, as long as it's a mountain and you can see it from the 5 Fwy I'm with you brother.
    Well, just to add to that... maybe you could even pay an homage to the Skyway, and have the track of the new ride shoot through the Matterhorn's crystal cave, then loop back around somehow. Maybe even take a page from the Maelstrom and Everest design books and have your vehicle shoot through the Matterhorn, then switch onto a parallel track going the opposite direction.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Rainicorn.

Mod, just giving you a w00t for your ideas.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Has Al Lutz ever mentioned the possibility of this happening or is this just MiceChatters daydreaming?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast