Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Things one can and cannot WEAR to Disneyland

This past weekend, DH and I took a trip to the park and I was appalled to see a woman walking down Mainstreet in a bikini top and shorts. I was under the impression that such attire was not allowed. She walked by several castmembers, who didn't say anything. I have also seen guests wearing shirts with suggestive or plain offensive language on them. Does Disney have a policy on what guests can wear while in the park? Have you ever seen them enforce their policies? What do they do?
    I was just wonderin'...

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Things one can and cannot WEAR to Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat
    This past weekend, DH and I took a trip to the park and I was appalled to see a woman walking down Mainstreet in a bikini top and shorts. I was under the impression that such attire was not allowed. She walked by several castmembers, who didn't say anything. I have also seen guests wearing shirts with suggestive or plain offensive language on them. Does Disney have a policy on what guests can wear while in the park? Have you ever seen them enforce their policies? What do they do?
    I was just wonderin'...

I too was under the impression that there was a dress code and the above mentioned items are not permitted.
    I wonder how they got past the front gate.
    I think w/ some many new CM's, they either don't know all the rules or some of them are young and don't want to get into a discussion (w/ some guest it's fights now) over what they can't wear.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Mortality's Muse

I tried searching on Disneys official website for anything pertaining to a dress policy, but I have not found anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I too was under the impression that there was a dress code and the above mentioned items are not permitted.
    I wonder how they got past the front gate.
    I think w/ some many new CM's, they either don't know all the rules or some of them are young and don't want to get into a discussion (w/ some guest it's fights now) over what they can't wear.

I would think depending on when you come in you might be wearing clothes over it (layering).

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

By any chance, was it a redhead with freckles, reeking of Jack Daniels and kush?

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

They stopped me at the gates and said I couldn't come in wearing my yellow man thong. I even told them that I was European and that I'd pull down my tube top to compensate. I guess my lame Irish accent didn't fool them. I may have to do the layering thing when I'm there next weekend. Keep an eye out for me, I'll be hard to miss.

• insufferable know-it-all

My guess is only security would feel empowered to risk guest wrath by saying something.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• FastPass n00b

I think the CM's were probably ogling the guest.

• I can't stand you.

I know if your wearing an offensive shirt they'll tell you to put it in the car or don't bother thinking about the first ride you want to hit.

But then I've seen a girl wearing lil cloth booty shorts/dasiy dukes and she didn't any problems..

Grad nite their strict on dress codes but other than that I don't know

Years ago there was a dress code, but that seems to have vanished. I'm not sure what year it changed, but I remember going with my 8th grade class in 1971 and worrying that my shorts were too short. They weren't, but I was still worried. Oh, and I have also seen a woman walking around in a bikini top. I guess that's acceptable now.

• The one and only

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob
    They stopped me at the gates and said I couldn't come in wearing my yellow man thong. I even told them that I was European and that I'd pull down my tube top to compensate. I guess my lame Irish accent didn't fool them. I may have to do the layering thing when I'm there next weekend. Keep an eye out for me, I'll be hard to miss.
    Very funny and very revolting all at the same time.
    "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world." W.E.D.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    Years ago there was a dress code, but that seems to have vanished. I'm not sure what year it changed, but I remember going with my 8th grade class in 1971 and worrying that my shorts were too short. They weren't, but I was still worried. Oh, and I have also seen a woman walking around in a bikini top. I guess that's acceptable now.

don't people realize that maybe the rest of us don't want to see them half naked?

If there isn't a dress code any more, why not just have common courtesy?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Chopsticks
    I know if your wearing an offensive shirt they'll tell you to put it in the car or don't bother thinking about the first ride you want to hit.
    They must be stricter than WDW...

At Epcot, I once saw this guy with a shirt with a few f-words in big letters on the shirt. Several times throughout the day. Nobody said anything to him apparently.
    -Tim

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by bljfour
    Very funny and very revolting all at the same time.
    Oh, but they love me at the DLH pool. You never know what's going to happen when I make it down the slide. The upside is I get the slide to myself and most of the pool.

On another note. I have seen women wearing white see through skirts and little else - the sun plays a big role on the visuals. Funny thing is, my wife always spots them first.

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    don't people realize that maybe the rest of us don't want to see them half naked?

If there isn't a dress code any more, why not just have common courtesy?
    Common courtsey is just the opposite. Uncommon courtesy. Same as Common Sense. Its so few and far between we should actually call it Uncommon.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast