• Circle of Ancients

Sir Clinksalot's idea to bring back the Tahitian Terrace

And it won't cost much.

So we have all heard the rumors of "Midway Mania" taking over Maliburitto's, well, at least for the entrance.

We also all know that Maliburitto's kitchen is brand spanking new since it hasn't been used in the last 5 years.

So instead of just trashing some perfectly good kitchen stuff I say you move it over to DL, rebuild the TT kitchen and get it back open.

What do you think?

• Just this guy......

Re: Sir Clinksalot's idea to bring back the Tahitian Terrace

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    And it won't cost much.

So we have all heard the rumors of "Midway Mania" taking over Maliburitto's, well, at least for the entrance.

We also all know that Maliburitto's kitchen is brand spanking new since it hasn't been used in the last 5 years.

So instead of just trashing some perfectly good kitchen stuff I say you move it over to DL, rebuild the TT kitchen and get it back open.

What do you think?
    Rumor has it that they have already been taking parts of the Maliburitto's kitchen over the past five years to the point of which it is empty.

I think we should get some wrenches and carts and start moving that stuff over!

• Closed Account

Just think of all the employment opportunities you will create for the Polynesian community! I can see the Tahitian hips moving and the coconut shells shaking!

• FastPass n00b

I think that anything that gets the Tahitian Terrace open again is fine by me. It's never going to happen though, that area was converted to Aladdin over a decade ago. If anything appears there, it will probably be Aladdin themed. However, Cafe Orleans really surprised me in that they actually converted a buffeteria into a nice sit-down restaurant without the intention of marketing it to death. Now, this could've been directly related to wanting to keep the crowds down in that area by keeping them seated longer, but it really was a step in the right direction. With all the ODV everywhere, they really need to start thinking about more sit-down restaurants.

And it was ALWAYS the same cast at Tahitian Terrace when I would go. For years it was always the same musicians...it was weird because they kind of turned in to pseudo-celebrities for me. I wonder what they're up to now...I haven't seen them in Disneyland since Aladdin's Oasis. The only guy I really remember what that big guy who played the drums who would yell random one-syllable words from time to time. There were 3 musicians in total I think, plus the flame eater guy...that guy ROCKED! My favorite part was when he touched the torch and looked at a kid sitting in the audience, motioning if they'd like to try and touch it too, haha.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 07-12-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Cool Re: Sir Clinksalot's idea to bring back the Tahitian Terrace

Would love to see that open again! They could have "Tiki Music" bands play there. Man, that is the perfect spot for them. M.A.

I'm for it. Bring it on!
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."