• Loves Disney

Disneyloon's quick TR and Pics 7/11/06-Little late

I finally got around to doing this. I just woke up from my Disney visit yesterday. My Girlfriend and I visited both parks and had a blast. Little odd in the mourning having Pirates,Splash, and Space Mountain down. I overheard about how Pirates was having a lot more break downs seeing the boats sometimes get stuck on the drop.(Read the update about Pirates problems) We both got on the major attractions. The only major problems we encounter were the Flash Photography on both Pirates and Haunted Mansion, I understand now what the other Micechatters we talking about on the flash photograpy thread. The only other problem we encountered was two rude guest complaining that my girlfriend was all over me while we waited in the loading area of Soaring. I found it rude because she was only laying on my left side resting just like the four other couples right next to us. I would understand if we were excessively kissing or anything else, but for a hug and embrace I found it quite odd. The thing I found funny was the the cast member who ask both of us to separate actually was apologizing to me that he was being forced to do seeing that he felt that we were not doing anything offensive. Besides that we had a great time. Of course the Pics. Now I was very surprised how these turned out, seeing I was using a Kodak Funsave Disposable camera( I really need to get Digital Camera)

mmm Pineapple float and my Pineapple Princess

• Banned User

Re: Disneyloon's quick TR and Pics 7/11/06-Little late

I went yesterday too. It was my first time in at least two years and I have some expert Internet opinions.

Break downs: Going to practically every ride and learning that it's broken down brings back tons of memories. We go to Space Mountain, oops closed. Big Thunder, oops closed. Pirates, oops closed. Soarin, oops, only running one simulator which means even the fastpass line is an hour long. Roger Rabbit broke down while we were on it.

Space Mountain: I don't really understand the changes. Yeah, they had to build a whole new track because it was falling apart, but the new additions don't really do anything for me. The covering up of the windows into the ride is disapointing. The music is okay. Still a great ride, but it left me shrugging my shoulders.

Pirates: This one is just confusing. Johnny Depp looks out of place. The CG Davey Jones looks even more out of place. It doesn't ruin the ride, but it just confuses me.

Astro Blasters: A decent ride. I'm not very good at it though. My girlfriend beat me every time.

50th fireworks: Simply awe-inspiring, you know, until it's cancelled during the lasers due to winds at higher altitudes. Still, what we saw was incredible. I guess the more elaborate they make these things the more sesntive they are to weather. I'm surprised Fantasyland doesn't just catch on fire.

Tower of Terror: Quite possibly the greatest ride Disney has ever built. I thought it was really corny at first but once you are in the elevator it is brilliant. The one word I can use to describe it is slick. It's genuinely frightening and I'm never scared by rides.

Monsters Inc. Ride: Cheap, dull, and insulting to anyone who paid full price. This is a carnival ride made out of cardboard. They can't even install real lamps on the walls. They are drawn on. This ride makes Winny the Pooh look like the Haunted Mansion.

There you go. Some opinions.

• Silent Lucidity

Thanks for sharing!

• Loves Disney

Thanks for the reply's and yeah Spokker I agree on the breakdowns. The reason why we didn't experience a lot of it was we headed over to Dca for a bit then came back. I forgot to mention while in line for Space the ride went down for 20 mins because a lady dropped her really expensive glasses and The CM's actually stopped the ride to retrieve them.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones
    ...It was my first time in at least two years and I have some expert Internet opinions....
    Don't we all! This sentence made me laugh, and thanks for a great short and sweet trip report.

• FastPass n00b

Too much music on PotC too. The cannon ball scene has AWESOME music and Davey Jones's music is fantastic, but there's not one second of the ride that allows you to take a breather from the music. It's just constant bombardment and I think that's bad for pacing. The music is not as powerful or shocking when it just transitions from one thing to another nonstop than if it was silent and all of the sudden an emotional score just appears out of nowhere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Too much music on PotC too. The cannon ball scene has AWESOME music and Davey Jones's music is fantastic, but there's not one second of the ride that allows you to take a breather from the music. It's just constant bombardment and I think that's bad for pacing.
    The caves used to serve that purpose. Unfortunately they filled it with a CG Davey Jones. It's a neat effect but silent caves with "Dead men tell no tales..." was much more subtle and effective.

The fact that you never see Davey Jones in the old version gave it a much creepier aura. Now it's just a corny bad guy character.

• Loves Disney

The effect is nice and cool to see, but I still prefer the almost pitch dark cave and Dead man tell no tails and the old gu that say that we know to much.