Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    278

    Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    I booked a package this summer at the Disneyland Hotel and requested a theme park view. I have stayed in the Sierra tower before (if that's the building facing East/West), but was facing inward towards the pool. I asked for the Sierra tower again, but had a question about the balcony, which I figured somebody here might know.

    I remember a small balcony that you can barely place your foot on. Does the theme park view (or in this case east view) have a larger balcony? Do the sliding glass doors open fully?

    And one last thing...Where and what is the Top Brass bar? Does it cost extra to get in?

  2. #2

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lodi, California, United States
    Posts
    10,127

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    We were at DLH in the Bonita Tower last month, sixth floor. We had a tennsy-weensy little balcony overlooking the koi and the Neverland Pool. No chair would fit out there. You could just barely stand out there.

  3. #3

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    no it doesn't

  4. #4

    • He's a Beautiful Pirate..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse
    Posts
    352

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    What you had facing the pool is the same facing the Downtown Disney/Theme park view. There is no balcony. Just sliding glass doors that open WIDE to a railing. The view, up high, is terrific. I'm sorry, I can't help you on the Top Brass Bar. We are always in the parks. Have a wonderful time!!!

  5. #5

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,147

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    Top Brass Bar is located in the DLH in between Goofy's Kitchen and Granville's. Just a nice relaxed lounge where you can have a drink.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  6. #6

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,221
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    nope, they just have a little walk on patio kind of like what everyone else said...


  7. #7

    • Lost in Wonderland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    395

    Red Face Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi
    And one last thing...Where and what is the Top Brass bar? Does it cost extra to get in?
    The Top Brass bar is free to go in, I found that out in Feb. LOL funny story, I saw the menu and a burger is $6. When I got my tab for four drinks it was over $40! I was shocked, lol, but I should've known it would be expensive. It was Disney!

    The bartender was super nice and let me tell you that the drinks were excellent. So since my tab was so expensive (for me anyways) the bartender let me take some cool 50th napkins home as souvenirs. Honestly since the burgers were so cheap I thought that the drinks would average around the same price!
    Last edited by adormouse; 07-14-2006 at 09:31 PM.

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    Wink Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    Quote Originally Posted by adormouse
    The Top Brass bar is free to go in, I found that out in Feb. LOL funny story, I saw the menu and a burger is $6. When I got my tab for four drinks it was over $40! I was shocked, lol, but I should've known it would be expensive. It was Disney!

    The bartender was super nice and let me tell you that the drinks were excellent. So since my tab was so nice the bartender let me take some cool 50th napkins home as souvenirs. Honestly since the burgers were so cheap I thought that the drinks would average around the same price!
    Bar = cheap food.. good expensive drinks..

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    278

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    Cool, thanks for the info. That bar sounds a bit pricey, but not as bad as many in Las Vegas.

  10. #10

    • Wishing I was at the DLR!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Too far from the magic...
    Posts
    417

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    I have stayed at the DLH twice, and there are no balconies. There are only sliding glass doors that open, with safety railing. You can however open the sliding glass door all the way and move a chair in front to look out. I did this once to watch the fireworks. It's much better with a balcony though...

    Now if you want actual balconies, then the GCH is the place! All rooms, except for the courtyard view, have balconies. I have stayed at the GCH over 7 times. I've had the courtyard view once, the only thing cool about the courtyard view is the monorail runs through the courtyard.

    Hope you have a great trip!

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fremont, California
    Posts
    1,119

    Re: Does the DLH have a real balcony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey
    I have stayed at the DLH twice, and there are no balconies. There are only sliding glass doors that open, with safety railing. You can however open the sliding glass door all the way and move a chair in front to look out. I did this once to watch the fireworks. It's much better with a balcony though...

    Now if you want actual balconies, then the GCH is the place! All rooms, except for the courtyard view, have balconies. I have stayed at the GCH over 7 times. I've had the courtyard view once, the only thing cool about the courtyard view is the monorail runs through the courtyard.

    Hope you have a great trip!
    There are balconies at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a very nice one in the Bonita Tower that had a table and chairs. We stayed in a suite at the Hotel and it was wonderful. We had coffee, tea and cookies with some friends on the balcony and it had a wonderful view.



    www.magicalhotel.com

Similar Threads

  1. Real Dancing with Real Stars benefit 5/27
    By ALIASd in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
  2. no balcony for fantasmic
    By VWCat in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
  3. Real* Insights from Real* Disney Insiders!!!
    By thejoshualee in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
  4. I got balcony seating!
    By Tedi Bara in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 03:49 PM
  5. Statler and Waldorf at the Balcony
    By TheDisneyInquisitor in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 08:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •