Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 192
  1. #166

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlienz
    There will DEFINITELY be a rocket launch similar to "California Screamin" added to the beginning.
    I hate to break the news to you, but you're wrong. There will be no excelerated launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlienz
    The track situation is highly disappointing, but the reason is that the foundation, which is many, many feet deep, would have to have been completely ripped out an dreplace to support the weight of a new track.
    Again, wrong. The foundation had nothing to do with the decision to use the same layout. The decision has more to do with the building and cost. It would've cost more to design a new ride layout. It is doubly hard to construct something new and better within the confines of a building designed for an existing ride. It's possible, but expensive and risky. Space Mountain is a proven concept and had a successful layout. Why risk building something new that might turn out to be a failure? Loops and other newer elements would increase height restrictions alienating younger guests and were not possible within the current footprint. If incorporated they would've reduced capacity and the length of the ride.

  2. #167

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    All the times moving up the relaunch date was looked at and deemed unfeasible, and now, they turn around and cut four months off the production schedule.

    That's nuts.
    It is not nuts. Most new attractions are ready several months in advance of the actual opening date. Buzz Lightyear is basically done.

    For several months on up to nearly a year Disney will continously test the ride system, tweak the overall experience, being "soft openings" and train cast members. Disney does far more testing, not necessarily for safety reasons than other theme parks. If a ride requires tweaks for safety after the fact then that is considered pretty serious. Disney's long period is really used to guarantee a smooth opening.

    For Space Mountain you're simply cutting off the soft openings, cast member previews, and extended period where WDI can continue to work on the overall ride experience. It will not in any way jeopardize the safety of guests or make it more likely that there will be some sort of accident.

  3. #168

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Theme Park One
    Only one rocket is being tested right now, but it's a step.

    More likely August for the opening, there's still a ton of work to do
    and DOSH approvals are still pending.
    Space Mountain is not a new ride so the ride is already approved under California's amusement park laws. It must be inspected before it opens, but Disney does not have to file an application to get approval for this ride.

    Only the first owner of each type, layout, design of a ride must file that application for approval. Since Space Mountain is a clone it is not necessary. If you piggy back a ride on an existing approval you're not required to seek approval since the ride is already approved for operation in the state. Similiar laws exist in NJ as well.

  4. #169

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Did you notice that you were actually riding the Matterhorn disguised as Space Mountain in Florida? I did. It felt like the same exact ride in the semi-dark.
    Not true. Matterhorn was designed and built by Arrow Dynamics of Utah. It is the first tubular tracked steel roller coaster in the world. The layout is unique and not the same as Space Mountain in WDW.

    Space Mountain in WDW was designed by WDI. The only similiarites are the trains and the fact that it is a dual tracked roller coaster, but even the trains are not that alike.

    The start alone should clue you in to the fact that Matterhorn and Space Mountain MK are not the same layout.

  5. #170

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Not true. Matterhorn was designed and built by Arrow Dynamics of Utah. It is the first tubular tracked steel roller coaster in the world. The layout is unique and not the same as Space Mountain in WDW.

    Space Mountain in WDW was designed by WDI. The only similiarites are the trains and the fact that it is a dual tracked roller coaster, but even the trains are not that alike.

    The start alone should clue you in to the fact that Matterhorn and Space Mountain MK are not the same layout.
    they have the same kind of track too

    I think there are places were they can feel similar and I think it all depends on your deffinition of similar and your sensitivity to how things go on the track

    they arn't the same layout though

  6. #171

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland Resort
    Posts
    702
    Could it be possible that Space will reopen before we even know it?



    Walt's love of Trains!

  7. #172

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland RR Guy
    Could it be possible that Space will reopen before we even know it?
    are you trying to mess with our heads RRGuy?

    it would however be nice if it reopend before July 17th

    the longer it's open before my next trip the better it will be because hopefully the line will be just a tiny bit shorter (still probably grab a FP for this first thing o_o)

  8. #173

    • cleaner of the hook
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16
    One more piece of the tomorrowland puzzle back into place. Now they can go back to work on bringing more space age pizza. Maybe a more powerful launcher for the soda.(was it pepsi or coke? I dont remember)

  9. #174

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPACE MOUNTAIN! ... sorry to yell, i just get a little over-excited sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  10. #175

    • Defeats the Huns
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    615
    I heard they're starting to recruit and train the opening team of Space Mountain already --- is that a sign of good news? I'm not sure how accurate my info is though..

  11. #176

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland Resort
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    are you trying to mess with our heads RRGuy?

    it would however be nice if it reopend before July 17th

    the longer it's open before my next trip the better it will be because hopefully the line will be just a tiny bit shorter (still probably grab a FP for this first thing o_o)
    No just letting eveyone know. However be on the look out for surprises soon



    Walt's love of Trains!

  12. #177

    • Hero-in-Training
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    101
    Okay, okay, just to clarify:

    1.) There is NO fast-launch system, and there is a new fast-launch system.

    2.) The rocket in the middle of the loading area is the SAME rocket and they have an entirely new rocket in the loading area.

    3.) The queue is entirely different and all that's changed in the queue is a fresh coat of paint.

    4.) There are NO changes whatsoever to the track and it's a completley new track. (No, wait, I got this one - new track, same layout, right?)

    Now that that's all clearly understood, I'd love have Alan Silvestri as another candidate for the Space Mountain score. He's the guy who did Back to the Future, the Mummy Returns, and Van Helsing. He's great at the big, bold, exciting brassy stuff. Dick Dale still says Space Mountain to me, though, so I'd be happy to just get the sound back.

  13. #178

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    226
    Any fresh updates out there on Space guys?

  14. #179

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Posts
    986

  15. #180

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623
    Is it me, or is everyone wearing Bono glasses in that picture?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Plusing Space Mountain with Mission Space element
    By Dlandclub33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
  2. TDL's upgraded Space Mountain vs. DLR's Space Mountain
    By ChrisFL in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
  3. Spooky Space Mountain/Haunted Space Mountain Idea...
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 02:39 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
  5. RockIt Space Mountain vs. Rockin' Space Mountain
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 04:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •