Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Update on our old pals, Paul Pressler & Cynthia Harris

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

Gee, so sad to see Paul & Cynthia struggling at their new positions. I especially liked these quotes;
    "Clearly Paul Pressler needs major help when it comes to trend identification and item selection across the business, both at Old Navy and at Gap brand," Buchanan said.
    With the company having routinely missed the fashion mark, the loss of Ming poses particular challenges, said analyst Robert F. Buchanan of A.G. Edwards & Sons in St. Louis. He believes that Ming's fashion sense is sharper than that of Cynthia Harriss, who heads the Gap division in North America.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: Update on our old pals, Paul Pressler & Cynthia Harris

Well, they weren't the best at managing things were they? Don't see why that should be different in their new jobs.

• Bruin Basketball Fan

Seeing as how I am employed at the Gap... this is shocking. I didn't know Pressler and Harris were with my brand. Eh... as for the Fall line.. I like it a lot better than the summer line.

• Banned User

Who shops at Old Navy anymore? I haven't been in one of those stores in years.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Austinnightwolf
    I hate to shop, but if I have to, it's Old Navy.
    I have other places online, I just choose not to wear some of the adult humor at work or other places that it's not kosher (espec. at D-Land)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbob
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...lines-business

Gee, so sad to see Paul & Cynthia struggling at their new positions. I especially liked these quotes;
    What the heck is wrong with Board of Directors in American companies? The investors should have more power to clean house. I don't blame Pressler as much as the people that hired him. They clearly didn't do any research on how well he did his last job.

*whistles the tune to "Schadenfreude" from Avenue Q*
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

The funny thing is that I didn't mind Cynthia Harriss. Paul Pressler was nothing more than a waste of space at Disney but when Harris became President of the resort, she did try desperately to fix up the park. ie: Tom Sawyer Island, King Arthur Carousel, Matterhorn, Painting, etc.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    The funny thing is that I didn't mind Cynthia Harriss. Paul Pressler was nothing more than a waste of space at Disney but when Harris became President of the resort, she did try desperately to fix up the park. ie: Tom Sawyer Island, King Arthur Carousel, Matterhorn, Painting, etc.
    She attended most of the HM parties.
    She seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    The funny thing is that I didn't mind Cynthia Harriss.
    I totally agree, as it was Pressler that was shooting down her ideas. I think the reason why she ran great merchandising events, is because that's what Pressler wanted. It sucks when you've got great ideas, and your boss hates them.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    I totally agree, as it was Pressler that was shooting down her ideas. I think the reason why she ran great merchandising events, is because that's what Pressler wanted. It sucks when you've got great ideas, and your boss hates them.
    Very true. Once Pressler left, there was construction going on everywhere to try and make the fading park look decent. The King Arthur Carousel rehab really jumps to mind when they literally took it apart and did a fantastic job at reconstructing it. Plus, she also saved the Explorer Canoes which are really fun till this day. Then during her time, they fixed up Tom Sawyer Island, re-painted a section of Frontierland, replaced the dilapidated structures in the Matterhorn, etc. Then unfortunately while she was trying to salvage the park, the Big Thunder incident had just occurred, pretty much forcing her to leave.

I don't want to scare anybody, but it recently occurred to me that Pressler's business performance is exactly the same as George W Bush...if you check out his history, every single company he headed up was worse-off when he finally left (if it even still existed; he bankrupted more than one). You realize, of course, what this means?

Paul Pressler is going to be president!!!

• Monorail Racer

Well, this isn't too terribly surprising, is it? No matter how incompetent an exec is, there's always somebody willing to hire them and let them perform more of their "magic."
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Austinnightwolf
    We do!!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast