Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

July 9th Photo Trip report - Pirate take over of the Columbia, Monsters, Indy...

First of all, I had the date above wrong. We were present on Saturday, July 8th, not the 9th, which was a Sunday (and a beautiful day also - even if a little hot).

On that day, we entered Disneyland early, and saw Goofy at the Toontown opening. He tried to kidnap my kid, I think.

Then we went on the teacup ride, although I think the little one thought this was supposed to be a swimming pool... where's the water?

Then over to DCA. It was past 10am (opening time for DCA) on this Saturday, in July, but... where are the crowds?

That's okay, Monster's Inc. is a walk-on! Here are some of the details from the queue:

And, as previously reported, there was a change in the towels on this attraction, which no longer have the "Hollywood Hotel" towels up...

http://static.flickr.com/46/18807879...g?v=1152765956

Then back to Disneyland for the Indiana Jones ride...

And then it's on the Columbia, where we saw the Rivers of America....

And still saw a line for Pirates. A lot of people hadn't seen the new changes yet, so this remained a popular ride.

And then the boat got hijacked by a pirate! With makeup on! And a microphone! And a fake Jamaican accent!

(Maybe it wasn't fake... he could have been the brother to Miss Cleo, I suppose). He led the boat in "interactive entertainment", and was pretty good at what he did. We sung, we answered his questions, we did everything pirates do on a ship (except for the rum and the swords).

And then it's lunch time! I was lucky enough to host a large group of fellow MiceChatters at one of the nicest places to eat in the park... I'll give you three clues -- it's exclusive, it was built by Walt Disney, and has the numbers 3 and 3 in it...?

Here's the elevator/french lift right inside the lobby. I noted that many people wanted to ride with CrazyLegs just to go up in this unique antique elevator...

I'm almost certain there's nothing more disgusting than food with a few bites taken out of it, but here's the salmon, and below it the London Broil (which was quite popular):

Here is the PixieChick table...

Here is the Disneyphile table:

Here's the table I was at the head of... there's CrazyLegs and Captain Phoebus at the end, and Cuzco-topia on the right, all having a great time:

Our server, who had been there since 1972, told us the history of the room we were in, the Trophy Room, and outlined some of the more interesting aspects of the room, including the animatronic California Condor, the pictures on the wall, and the furniture, the remodels done to the room, and the interesting chandeliers above each table--

The chandeliers each have, in the middle, a microphone, which led to the rumor that Walt would eavesdrop on guests in this room. In reality, it was there so that the staff could pick up on wishes of the guests, and allow the Condor to interact with the guests, but it was never put into operational practice, unfortunately. However, the microphones remain... look closer...

All in all, a great time - even the tadpole had a good time, and was vocal about it too!

Last edited by RobotMirror; 07-13-2006 at 12:49 PM.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: July 9th Photo Trip report - Pirate take over of the Columbia, Monsters, Indy...

Wow! Club 33 is awesome in and of itself, but to be able to be there with a big group of friends must have been just extraordinary! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

• Neep meep beep

Re: July 9th Photo Trip report - Pirate take over of the Columbia, Monsters, Indy...

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    Wow! Club 33 is awesome in and of itself, but to be able to be there with a big group of friends must have been just extraordinary! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    You bet - I wish you could have been there! But... why do they always give ME the bill at the end of lunch?

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the pictures Frogberto, Looks like a funtime had by all.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Looks like you had a great time and one heck of a party at club 33. Thanks for sharing (especially the photos of club 33)!

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the photo's.

I'd love to eat at Club 33 someday.

• The Fantasyland guy

I love Club33. Thanks for the pictures!

never eatten there with a big group, that would be fun.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

those club 33 pictures are awesome , thanks for sharing , i am .. how do you say?? ULTRA JEALOUS! looks so fun

My Maleficent tattoo

• Back After Missing MC

Such a great photo report, especially with the rare Club 33 photos! I am trying to suppress a very evil jealous streak as I type this but am very happy for those of you who were able to share in such a great event

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a member of the Club Frogberto and was it hard to join?

• Minion

Thanks Frogberto!

Looks like it was a day to remember, and with like company, was made extra sweet!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Did the line for POTC move fast Frogberto? Did POTC break down any times that day? And how long was the HM line?

Some day I will go to club 33 though it really looks like some yucky adult resturant with alchol and bad food so might not be worth it only if Walt Disney's ghost was to sit down to eat with me.

• Shablagoo!

How cool are those CLub 33 pics. That's awesome Frogberto that you got all those people in there.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    Some day I will go to club 33 though it really looks like some yucky adult resturant with alchol and bad food so might not be worth it only if Walt Disney's ghost was to sit down to eat with me.
    Why would you want to go to a "resturant with alchol" and bad food? I heard having Walt Disney's ghost at your table costs extra anyway.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Did the line for POTC move fast Frogberto? Did POTC break down any times that day? And how long was the HM line?
    No breakdowns for Pirates on that day. The line always moves fast, and last Saturday was no exception. I saw long lines for the Haunted Mansion during the afternoon, but when I went on, which was about 9pm (during Fantasmic is a great time to go), Haunted Mansion was a walk-on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast