Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

am a bit dissappointed

i was planning on going to disneyland next summer so I could see the new subs and the monorail. well now I read that the subs won't be available for opening until possibly july and the monorail is being pushed back till sometime in 2008. IF this is what bringing mr lassetter on board has caused then frankly he needs to stay with movies. the sub ride was being worked on beginning in 2004. IT really shouldnt take over two years to have a ride up and running. not when you don't have to build the lagoon and such. I also read that the ride is way over budget because lassetter keeps changing the storyline. that means larger ticket price increases in order to pay for it.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: am a bit dissappointed

I'm willing to have things be delayed a few months if it means they will be better when they eventually open.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I'm willing to have things be delayed a few months if it means they will be better when they eventually open.
    I have to agree with you Sir: we have all seen what can happen if things are rushed. it is disappointing that you could miss these things, but there is so much to do and see, you will have a great time! I have missed many of my favorite attractions through the years, you just have to come back!
    Really, it will bother you for a second, as you walk by it and lament, but then you are off to the next adventure!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Monorail Racer

It's disappointing that there will be some delays, but far better to do that and get it done RIGHT than to replace Lasseter to get somebody who opens it up on time, but without some of the magic. A half-a**ed attraction that opens on time or early is not better than a delay of a couple of months. Not by any stretch.

Is it frustrating? Sure! Still, when it's done, hopefully it's that much better. The monorails probably would not be in the mess they are now if they had worried more about taking the time to do things right instead of cutting budgets and sacrificing the future for the "get it done now" gameplan.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

yeah i really really agree with this , also we dont really have any idea on how long or how much work goes into building an attraction. So it's really not fair to say " it should'nt have taken this long or that long " you know??

My Maleficent tattoo

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: am a bit dissappointed

What was it that Mr. Disney said when delaying opening the SFR Treehouse? "I said a tree, not a shrub." Get it right, and then open it.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Um.... refurbing the subs is one thing. How about voicing, animating and rendering all that animation!!!!!???? Its a long ride - it think its gonna take some serious work at pixar to get this all running.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    i was planning on going to disneyland next summer so I could see the new subs and the monorail. well now I read that the subs won't be available for opening until possibly july
    Isn't July still summer? And Summer actually begins June 22, so July is really close to the beginning of summer.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Just this guy......

i was planning on going to disneyland next summer so I could see the new subs and the monorail. well now I read that the subs won't be available for opening until possibly july and the monorail is being pushed back till sometime in 2008. IF this is what bringing mr lassetter on board has caused then frankly he needs to stay with movies. the sub ride was being worked on beginning in 2004. IT really shouldnt take over two years to have a ride up and running. not when you don't have to build the lagoon and such. I also read that the ride is way over budget because lassetter keeps changing the storyline. that means larger ticket price increases in order to pay for it.
    These projects were well under way before Mr. Lassetter took over. We know that he has been making changes to the sub, but I find it hard to blame him for these delays. And I agree with others here, it's better to do it right the first time with some delays rather than having a attaction that breaks down or sucks.

• Banned User

I am so sorry you are disapointed, I did not get the see the castle once, and I also missed a few rides that were down a few times ( i live in Montana) but I know you will still have a great time, and you will be able to see those you miss the next time around. Chin up sweetie, there is so much to do, and you will have a ball.

• Santa Barbara, CA

IT really shouldnt take over two years to have a ride up and running. not when you don't have to build the lagoon and such. I also read that the ride is way over budget because lassetter keeps changing the storyline. that means larger ticket price increases in order to pay for it.
    While it's frustrating to wait for the ride, inventing the future is a messy business and getting it right is part of the job. (Uncooked cookie dough is good too, but not a cookie). Most new attractions have a 5 year design cycle. I wish Lasseter was around before they opened Monster's Inc. That ride is such a "C". If 6 months of improvements turned it into a "D" I'd be gald to wait. I'm sure the extra time to get the mouths to move on the characters would have made alot of difference. Water rides take forever to redo as they have this "leaking" thing to deal with.

I'm sure the wait will be well worth it! Have faith!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Grumpy old man

It sucks going and having one of your favorite attractions closed. I went when POTC was closed, and I got it rubbed in by all the pirates merch all around me. But if it all ends up with a good ride, then I think it's worth the wait and initial disappointment of closure.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    It's disappointing that there will be some delays, but far better to do that and get it done RIGHT than to replace Lasseter to get somebody who opens it up on time, but without some of the magic.
    Indeed! Echos of Rockit Mountain anyone? I am bummed that there will be delays, but better to have it done right than just done.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

it wouldnt be so bad except that the only new thing to see from a florida perspective is HM updates as we were there last july. and the other point i was trying to make is if the ride comes in over budget , working or not, who is going to pay for it? guests do in higher prices for evertything from merchandise to food to gate prices. and I am sure the same people who are saying "get it right" will be complaining when their Ap's go up.

• Former Epcot CM

Lasseter really has a lot less influence then people think he does. Us Disney geeks have put him on a pedastal and expect so much from him, that everything good and bad is blamed on him.

I really think that Lasseter has nothing to do with this decision. It is simply a manufacturing process.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California