Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Back After Missing MC

Talking Decorating, Disneyland Style

Like most (if not all) Disneyland fans I have always loved how the park looks and love seeing all the detail that goes into creating such a special place. When my husband and I were searching for ideas on how to decorate our renovated bathroom, he had the unique idea of giving it an Indiana Jones feel since we love the ride and que so much. Even though the end result is more of a Temple of the Forbidden Eye inspiration instead of recreation, it still makes me smile by association.

View of the bathroom from the door:

The sink and mirror:

The shelves above the toilet:

Shelf next to the shower:

Wall art from the Indiana Jones movies:

Since I have always felt I am not alone in my Disneyland addiction here on Mice Chat, I thought I would put out a request to hear (and hopefully see) proof of any of your Disneyland inspired decorating. I would love to hear what your favorite parts of the park are and how you have attempted to bring some of that magic to your home!

• Avoiding new PoTC pics...

Re: Decorating, Disneyland Style

That is gorgeous! Great job! I would love to do something Disney-inspired in my home, I'll have to think on that one.

• Banned User

Very nice, thank you for sharing

that reminds me to, I better get my bathroom cleaned today

• Back After Missing MC

Ahhh, thank you PBKokiri and hakuna makarla for such kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    that reminds me to, I better get my bathroom cleaned today
    I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday and that is what made me think of this new thread idea. Wow, talk about Disney on the brain!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

That is really very nicely done. I saw Indiana Jones and my first thought was some sort of ugly brown rock wall paper.

• Minion

What a beautiful room!

We are just assembling everything we need for our bedroom bath redo.
    We are going with a castle theme, and although its about a year from being completed, I will post pics when done! You are not alone!!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That's beautiful! Wonderful job!

I've wanted to decorate Disneyland-style before, but I've got so many miscellaneous things that it would be quite impossible right now ^_^ Once I have my own apartment or house, I will most definitely try to dress it in theme.

I do, however, have a Pirates of the Caribbean "map" that I made for a presentation I did at school...it has photos of different things involved in the attraction. I took a poster-sized piece of parchment-colored paper and burned the edged to make it look like a pirate map. It turned out quite nicely...so nicely that I decided to hang it up in my room. I left some room on the map so I could stick a few pictures of Jack Sparrow on it, perhaps Davy Jones and Barbossa as well. I have yet to do these things, but I intend to work on them soon, when my printer starts printing normally again. I'd post a picture, but my camera is incapacitated at the moment ^_^

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    That is really very nicely done. I saw Indiana Jones and my first thought was some sort of ugly brown rock wall paper.
    Yeah, we vetoed that idea as well as the Indy-on-a-rope in the shower!

• /sigh

Llama - I LOVE it! I'm a huge Indy fan!....and this....this is awsome! Love the wall art

May I suggest, adding a old worn leather bound journal....with sketches of temples and maps in the typical Indy fashion?
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 07-13-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• insufferable know-it-all

Love the bathroom!

I've been toying with the idea of turning our red room (yes, the room is literally RED with sandpapered off patches of white, like fancy paper... the old owners did this, it worked with their Chinese style decorating, but not with anything I own) into an Alice in Wonderland room. Although I'm suddenly inspired to go Piratey instead.

Another thought I had (but have not done) would be along the really long wall in our living room, making three stone archways with different views inside, like an Alice hedge maze, ROA, something like that.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• curiouser and curiouser

iit looks really nice
    i love the towels. i might have gone with some kind of wooden shelf instead though.

this is also very topical for me since i'm in the middle of redoing my apartment. i'm doing my hallway in a victorian style, all red á la HM/club 33. hope it turns out the way i'm imagening it..

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Llama - I LOVE it! I'm a huge Indy fan!....and this....this is awsome! Love the wall art

May I suggest, adding a old warn leather bound journal....with sketches of temples and maps in the typical Indy fashion?
    Thank you so much!

That is an awesome idea! I actually have an Indy fedora hat from Disneyland that I was going to incorporate but was worried the leather might get damaged with the steam from the shower. I may give the journal a shot though because I think that would add a really neat touch.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

That is WONDERFUL!!!
    It is not too much or too little, I have seen theme (not just disney) rooms that were so busy you couldn't enjoy any of it.

Are you a designer??? Are you for hire??
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Minion

Wow, that looks great! I have just a TON of Disneyland posters around my room, and little paper 3d models of Splash Mountain, The old Harbor sign and the Castle. My bathroom used to have Mickey Mouse everything (shower curtains, toothbrush holders, floor mats, trash cans)

• The Purifier

It looks fantastic! I was doing a Tiki Room theme in one of my bathrooms. I just need to get the wall art.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast