Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Yamibuki's restaurant at the Paradise Pier Hotel to close on July 30th - major refurb

The last day of operation of Yamibuki's Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar will be Sunday, July 30th.

It will remain closed for about 6 weeks, with a hopeful reopening September 8th, though it could be delayed.

Based on what I was told by some of the staff, the restaurant will be gutted and totally rebuilt, including a new entrance and check-in stand area.

Many of the staff will go to Napa Rose during the construction, but not sure if any Japanese meals and/or sushi will be offered during this time.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: Yamibuki's restaurant at the Paradise Pier Hotel to close on July 30th - major re

i feel so un-educated sometimes. i didnt even konw of this place, i love sushi.

• Just this guy......

Re: Yamibuki's restaurant at the Paradise Pier Hotel to close on July 30th - major refurb

I find it kind of odd that they are doing this over the summer. You would think that they would wait and do it over the fall/winter.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Yamibuki's restaurant at the Paradise Pier Hotel to close on July 30th - major refurb

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I find it kind of odd that they are doing this over the summer. You would think that they would wait and do it over the fall/winter.
    I thought about it, and figured it out.

This is NOT peak Convention time, and Yamibuki's gets a lot of business from the Convention crowds.

The Top Brass Bar is also suppose to close around the same time, and for the same reason.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: Yamibuki's restaurant at the Paradise Pier Hotel to close on July 30th - major re

any idea what the prices are there? next time i go (if its open) i definately want to check it out.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a menu from last year.

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/Paradise...ukidinner.html

But the rumors have this becoming a Fine Dining location like Granville's and Napa Rose, so the prices might go up when they reopen

I always considered this a fine dining location, I am used to sushi in a much more casual enviroment.

I thought the prices were high... I have a hard time getting anyone to go with me, my best friend calls this "Yak-a-puke-y". He HATES sushi... I thought it was great!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Neep meep beep

Wow, I hope they offer sushi options at another restaurant while Yamabuki is down. It's nice to have the option of a nice sushi or Japanese dinner once in a while!

Thanks for the info, DarkBeer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Jeez, a lot of those prices are a rip-off! Shabu Shabu at Hollywood and Highland is way cheaper than that. If they plan on raising the prices on some of those items...*shakes head*. Ah well. I guess I just won't go. lol

Thanks for the info Darkbeer!

• Circle of Ancients

That sucks, I love Yamabuki.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Jeez, a lot of those prices are a rip-off! Shabu Shabu at Hollywood and Highland is way cheaper than that. If they plan on raising the prices on some of those items...*shakes head*. Ah well. I guess I just won't go. lol

Just because Japanese food is cheaper doesn't always mean it is better quality. Yamabuki is owned, operated, and managed by Japanese persons not Korean or Chinese. Their food and service is top quality and all their sushi makers are from Japan (again not another non-Japanese country) and their seafood for sushi is extremely fresh.

There are many so called Japanese restaraunts in Los Angeles but you really have to judge their quality by their sushi and service.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Just because Japanese food is cheaper doesn't always mean it is better quality. Yamabuki is owned, operated, and managed by Japanese persons not Korean or Chinese. Their food and service is top quality and all their sushi makers are from Japan (again not another non-Japanese country) and their seafood for sushi is extremely fresh.

There are many so called Japanese restaraunts in Los Angeles but you really have to judge their quality by their sushi and service.
    Trust me...it's high quality. And Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep

???
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Does Yamabuki offer a take-out service? I was really looking forward to eating here on our next visit, but not sure if the family is up to fine dining.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

Shabu Shabu is a lower rated restaurant in terms of food quality than Yamabuki (source: Zagat Survey 2006).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast