Have you done or seen this?

homemade autograph books

I am working on fun things for our trip and saw somewhere that a family had made some cool autograph books. Have you made any? What did you do? Could you share pictures?
    Last edited by mad4DL; 07-13-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Re: homemade autograph books

Anyone?

• Grumpy old man

I've never made one, but I bought one at the park years ago. This thread reminded me I should look for it.

• Happy 2007!

When my DD was little, I made her an autograph book. I was going to cut the book up and use the signatures for scrapbook pages so I took some scrapbooking paper, cut it into pages used cardstock for covers stapled it together and decorated it with stickers. She's older now so I can't get away with cutting up her book so we just buy the books now.

Smile Re: homemade autograph books

Last year, i got my girls small memory books from walmart. they have funfoam covers. these were great, because the covers didn't tear like paper ones would. And i let each of them decorate the front with sticky foam shapes and letters. we are taking them back this year. They may not be totally "disney", but they are creative and fit each girl's personality.

• "Indeed"

I didn't make my daughter's autograph book, but I got lots of compliments on the idea I used one of the larger Disney Storybook anthologies. I took it to the park with us and had all the characters sign that. They loved signing next to their story and those that were allowed to talk said it was fun signing something other than a blank piece of paper. We got many great personal messages along with our signatures and Meg got a little extra time with the character to boot My daughter also loved seeing the signatures everytime we read from the book.
    galoosh
    )/,,/

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I've seen some people that make their own books and decorate each page for a particular character to sign. The characters seem to love it and really go out of their way to spend more time with those people.

I guess if the guests make the effort, the characters will too.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by galoosh
    I didn't make my daughter's autograph book, but I got lots of compliments on the idea I used one of the larger Disney Storybook anthologies. I took it to the park with us and had all the characters sign that. They loved signing next to their story and those that were allowed to talk said it was fun signing something other than a blank piece of paper. We got many great personal messages along with our signatures and Meg got a little extra time with the character to boot My daughter also loved seeing the signatures everytime we read from the book.
    That is a great idea! I would've never thought about how boring it is for the characters to sign blank paper. I will definitely share this with my friends who have kids-- I think they would totally enjoy this idea!