• Neep meep beep

Press Report: "A Magic Day"

Available at http://www.theacorn.com/news/2006/0713/Columns/033.html

for your reading pleasure.

Quote:

"At about 3 p.m., after going on just two rides, I sat in an Autopia car, trapped behind some kids who decided to cause a four-car "pile-up." Hot from the sun and from fury, I threw my hands and my ride game plan into the air. "With this delay, we'll never keep on schedule," I yelled. "Please keep your hands and arms and your belongings inside the vehicle at all times," a voice warned over a loud speaker.
    "Sorry," I said to the bush where the voice came from. But I had given up. There was no way we were going to get on half the rides I wanted to go on. There just wasn't enough time. My wife handed me a fast pass for the next ride so we could bypass the long line, and that cheered me up for the moment.
    But more delays and heat that would kill a camel made my pain and frustration return. "Relax," my wife said. "We're supposed to be having fun."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Press Report: "A Magic Day"

Yep, its Summer at Disneyland.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• DisneylandDan

Great Story!

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• Say no to Assimilation

Unless the writer got to the park at 1pm, I would find it hard to believe that he could only get on 2 rides by 3pm. Even on a really busy day. I have been to the park when they stopped admitting people for the day and I still got on everthing I wanted.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    Unless the writer got to the park at 1pm, I would find it hard to believe that he could only get on 2 rides by 3pm. Even on a really busy day. I have been to the park when they stopped admitting people for the day and I still got on everthing I wanted.
    I sort of agree with you. Not that you can ride "everything" you want on a busy day. You really need to pick a couple of E tickets for fastpass (just get a new ticket every 2 hours). Then ride the rides with really quick load times (or which are never crowded) like: Pirates, Mansion, Small World, Tiki Room, Honey I bored the Audience, Innoventions, the Mark Twain or Columbia, Golden Horseshoe Review, the Jungle Cruise (check the line first - if it is all downstairs, you are fine), Winnie the Poop, Snow White's Scary Adventures (sometimes pinocchio or Mr. Toad) and the Disneyland Railroad.

That is sort of Dusty's emergency plan for dealing with Disneyland on a VERY busy day. As the crowd dies down, you can start adding other attractions to the mix.

The key is to stay away from the super slow loaders which eat up hours of your day and make it seem even more crowded to you: Autopia, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Roger Rabbit, or any of the E-Tickets if you don't have a fastpass.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,