Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Disneyland park questions

So me and my friend want to visit DL and enjoy every park operating hour as possible.

When should we try to be at Disneyland by? My friend thinks we should try to arrive atleast 1 hour ahead of time to beat the noon crowds. What do you think?

Plus he is a southern California resident. So in order to get a discount, does he have to show his liscense? Or does he need to have some special card from Disney to get the discount?

• Professional fifth wheel

Re: Disneyland park questions

Arriving an hour before opening is a good idea, if you're really serious about doing the whole "open to close" thing - that'll give you time to park, take the tram from the parking structure to the Esplanade, and get your tickets. Speaking of those tickets, yes, your friend will need to show his California driver's license; if, for some reason, he doesn't have one, I think they also accept utility bills as proof of residency.

• Neep meep beep

Keep in mind that the parking structures open 1/2 hour before the parks do. I'd recommend you or your friend get dropped off in 15 minute parking, save a spot in front of the gates (there will be lines), and then have one of you park and take the tram.

I'm a little confused by your plan to "get to the park one hour before the noon crowds", but I think I understand what you meant.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well when I have been there, the park seemed to have gotten more crowded in-between 12 and 2 PM. I will definatly take your advice frogberto since my friend is going to be the driver. I will pass the idea along to him .

• Neep meep beep

Then if you want to get there one hour before the noon crowds, you'd be arriving at 11am -- I think you meant you wanted to get there one hour before the park opens. During busy days, it's generally recommended you get to the park at least 30-40 minutes before the park opens at 8am, to maximize your ride time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

. What I should have said was that I want to be at the park by the time it opens so I can ride all the E Ticket attractions and grab some Fastpasses before noon hopefully .

I told my friend that since POTC has new elements, long lines (That move fast), and seems to break down quite often, that should be the very first thing we do.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Keep in mind that the parking structures open 1/2 hour before the parks do. I'd recommend you or your friend get dropped off in 15 minute parking, save a spot in front of the gates (there will be lines), and then have one of you park and take the tram.

I'm a little confused by your plan to "get to the park one hour before the noon crowds", but I think I understand what you meant.
    Where is the "15 minute parking"? Is that the little lot off Harbor just down from the tram and bus area? I need to drop my DS13 somewhere on a day trip next month so I can go park.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well when I have been there, the park seemed to have gotten more crowded in-between 12 and 2 PM. I will definatly take your advice frogberto since my friend is going to be the driver. I will pass the idea along to him .
    Oh yeah it always works that way the very few times I have been there before 10 it is always amazing and if you time it right you can get on all the good rides before the crowds hit.

. What I should have said was that I want to be at the park by the time it opens so I can ride all the E Ticket attractions and grab some Fastpasses before noon hopefully .

I told my friend that since POTC has new elements, long lines (That move fast), and seems to break down quite often, that should be the very first thing we do.
    I forget does Pirates have Fast Pass? If it does I suggest you get that before it breaks down but I think it does not sadly.

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

pirates does not have fastpass but the line moves really quickly.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

True my only complaint with Pirates is it usualy get's hot inside in the summer with too many people not very well vented down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    True my only complaint with Pirates is it usualy get's hot inside in the summer with too many people not very well vented down there.
    Huh? I thought it was always nice and cool. Don't tell me the execs have decided to turn down the AC to save money! Ack!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    Where is the "15 minute parking"? Is that the little lot off Harbor just down from the tram and bus area? I need to drop my DS13 somewhere on a day trip next month so I can go park.
    Yes, if you're travelling south on Harbor from the 5, it's right after the bus and tram areas. Can't miss it - it's even signed "15 minute parking". Always plenty of spots, take your time, I usually let the wife and kid unpack the stroller and get to the gates, and then I go park. Saves a lot of time and hassle with the stroller.

Another tip: Get in line at gates 13 and 20 if you can. They statistically have the shortest lines, for reasons to do with how the planters are structured.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

the park is less crowded Before Noon.
    Late on in the evening they get busier too.
    Unless Summer crowds got worse, you should be fine arriving at opening time or 30 min. prior.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    wow, every time I've been on pirates its nice and cool inside.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast