Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disneyland's HalloweenTime! A New Tradition

ANAHEIM, Calif. (July 12, 2006) - - The witching hour of midnight on Sept. 29, 2006, will mark the beginning of Disney’s HalloweenTime, an all-new seasonal event at the Disneyland Resort with whimsical décor, costumed Disney Characters, and interactive Halloween activities the whole family will find frightfully fun. Continuing through Oct. 31, the first-ever event will allow guests to enter a family-friendly world of Halloween delights.

Click here to read on....

How exciting!!! Disneyland is finally doing a bit more theming for Halloween. It should be cool seeing Disneyland transformed into the land of pumpkins.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland's HalloweenTime! A New Tradition

I'm sure that many people will enjoy this, much as they have enjoyed the "Halloween Haunt" at Knotts for more than three decades.

I have a feeling that I'm in the minority here, but IMHO more than a month of "Halloween" is too much...If it were up to me I'd start it about October 15-20.

Guess we'll have to wait until January to see the good old, non-50th, "regular" Disneyland again...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Defying gravity

Hmmmm.....if Halloween is from Sep. 29 - Oct. 31, this means that DL only has a week or two to take down Halloween decorations and put Christmas ones up. Doesn't Christmas usually start at least a week before Thanksgiving?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Hmmmm.....if Halloween is from Sep. 29 - Oct. 31, this means that DL only has a week or two to take down Halloween decorations and put Christmas ones up. Doesn't Christmas usually start at least a week before Thanksgiving?
    It was my impression that it starts these days in early November...like the first week (don't even get me started on how early Christmas starts seemingly everywhere these days)

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Wow, that sounds great to me. The Halloween decorations at Disneyland used to be one of my favorite times to visit. I'm so glad they're going to get festive again. And if this is what the everyday Halloween activities and decorations are, I can only dream what the Mickey's Halloween Treat event will be like this year. Er, I hope it's something above and beyond this.
    My finger points.

I, for one, am VERY excited about the whole Disneyland Resort going Halloween this year!! And having it last for 33 days is just fine with me...I love it! But then again, Halloween is my favorite holiday, so bring it on!!

I just hope they have some sort of themed parade or calvacade at either Park, cuz that would be awesome! I'm hearing that the special Halloween fireworks will not be happening as once mentioned, is this true???

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers
    Wow, that sounds great to me. The Halloween decorations at Disneyland used to be one of my favorite times to visit. I'm so glad they're going to get festive again. And if this is what the everyday Halloween activities and decorations are, I can only dream what the Mickey's Halloween Treat event will be like this year. Er, I hope it's something above and beyond this.
    I'm sure it will

sounds like they'll be doing some decorative stuff in the Hollywood backlot for all day round so that and whatever else they end up doing will probably be layered together with all the stuff they reserve for the nightime event

all this stuff sounds like a good move for the resort and hopefully they'll keep working on it until their offerings are at least somewhat close to what DLP and TDL do for Halloween then DL could own both Christmas and Halloween for the states

• Neep meep beep

This really, really is a great idea, and bravo to Disney (and Ouimet) for this new policy!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    ...I'm hearing that the special Halloween fireworks will not be happening as once mentioned, is this true???
    As Al reported in his miceage.com update, the halloween fireworks are not going to happen this year. You can be sure that if they were, that they would have been announced in the press release posted here.

I think this is such a great idea. As we all know, women and children love halloween. Oops.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    This really, really is a great idea, and bravo to Disney (and Ouimet) for this new policy!
    I agree
    I just feel sorry for the decorating people
    Down w/ 50th as fast as possible
    up with Halloween as fast as possible
    30 days later, down w/ Halloween as fast as possible
    and bring in the Christmas...atleast they get a few months off going up and down the ladder for decor (it sounds more tiring w/ ladder...I know they have other ways of doing the decor).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I'm sure that many people will enjoy this, much as they have enjoyed the "Halloween Haunt" at Knotts for more than three decades.

I have a feeling that I'm in the minority here, but IMHO more than a month of "Halloween" is too much...If it were up to me I'd start it about October 15-20.

Guess we'll have to wait until January to see the good old, non-50th, "regular" Disneyland again...

--Barry
    I feel the same way about christmas, but thats more like 2 months...I love halloween though. I can't wait...

• The Fantasyland guy

I always wondered why disneyland never did anything for holloween.
    Too bad it wouldnt look good for disney. I bet Disney could do a good job with halloween haunt type mazes.

DCA was the first park with a full bar built in it, it could be the first with halloween mazes!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I love this...I have a tradition of going on halloween....and I want to go on my b-day...but all the stuff is starting...the day after my b-day...lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I for one am really excited about the Halloween stuff! It's about time Disneyland did this

• done

Sounds like I might be getting my pumpkin patch back. I'm very excited about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast