Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: Big Thunder Ranch needs to be gone!

I've always loved the petting zoos they've had back there. In fact, at Little Patch of Heaven, a cute little pygmy goat named Pongo seemed to "adopt" me. I was sitting on a bench, and he jumped up next to me, and sat in my lap, and then kept head-butting my hand. He would always come right up to me on every visit, like he was a Disneyland pet or something. I loved that little goat.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

we already have expedition everest.. it's called the matterhorn

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

i took my gf in the petting zoo an she loved it cuz shes in the ffa an she showed goats and sadly the goat won which means... eaten... so when she saw the goats it reminded her of Tiger her ex-goat pal. but she wouldnt stop talking about how perfectly groomed the large brown cow was an she said if it was entered in an auction it would probably be sold at atleast 2500 or 3000 $$$ now thats a disney cow if ive ever heard of one! YIPPEEE

• Winter in Oceanside...

A big NO WAY vote for EE anywhere in DL. Yes, another e-ticket ride would be great but theme it to Frontierland. And I'm in agreement with whoever said enough with the mountains!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Big Thunder Ranch is hardly ever used, every time I walk by it is completely vacant, I agree, put some type of Dark thrill ride.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

why would it have to be an e ticket maybe a smaller d ticket ride would work better there since if you have too many e ticket rides in the same area i would think no one would be able to get anywhere due to the lines

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzandWoody
    Why EE. Why not something new? Totally agree though. In a park that has a real problem with space, it doesnt seem to manage it very well. This has bothered me sice my first visit a few years ago. That, and how underwhelmed I was with Tomorrowland versus its WDW counterpart.
    I agree with something new and not EE. Although they won't do it, because they make too much money from the private parties they hold there.

But I disagree about DL not managing space well - I think they do an amazing job. They're smaller than the MK at WDW, and still manage to have about 25%-30% more attractions.

• Lost in Wonderland

Again I think that EE would be too much like Matterhorn, since they are nearly the same type of ride (minus the fact that EE is newer and can go backwards). Personally I like the idea of a new coaster that goes backwards though like EE and Indiana Jones Paris. Maybe with a western theme? But you have to think about what's already in Frontierland and that is BTMR so I would assume DL would probably put a dark ride since Frontierland doesn't have one.

• Banned User

Expedition Everest?

I personally think Big Thunder Ranch should go back to being a fun place to eat, hang out, and listen to good country music! We already have enough rides (for the moment).

You also have to consider that a lot of older people cannot ride most of the rides at Disneyland now as well, so a fun place to eat would look nice to them.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Western River Expedition...Marc Davis-style western-themed Pirates of the Carribbean basically.
    that's a great idea! but if not that, then they should at least do something else with that area.
    can't they host the parties somwhere else?

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    How about this????

*Removing Big Thunder Ranch and adding another E ticket ride in its place! I vote for Expedition Everest!!!!! Would this be possible? Would Disney ever consider it? What other ride would you put there? Maybe call it something different.
    Hmmm...Himalayas, Asia - Frontierland, Old West. Something doesn't seem to add up here.

And then for the 55th Anniversary, where would we line up for our merchandise?!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    Yes, another e-ticket ride would be great
    How many E-tickets does DL need? In addition to the Magic Kingdom mountain range, DL also has Indy and the Matterhorn. Not to mention a revamped PoTC and HM.

No other Disney park (in the U.S.) has that many E-tickets!!!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Deadwood on Ice.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    How many E-tickets does DL need?
    Okay! Then how about a D or C ticket. Sheesh! I'm thinking a dark ride of some sort. NOT another coaster!!

I don't think that Expedition Everest is a good fit - obviously as everyone else has said - the land theme is major draw back. I have the "perfect" dark ride to put into that area - Escape from Little Big Horn - you ride in a buck board wagon and try to escape the onslaught. (just kidding)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast