Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Big Thunder Ranch needs to be gone!

I think something similar to Grizzly River Run should go in there...No no no, not an exact copy, just some sort of water ride at the other end of the RoA. That way, Splash Mountain won't have the 120-minute wait in the Summer time...it can be split!

• Smelly Pirate Hooker

Thumbs down Re: Big Thunder Ranch needs to be gone!

I just got back from DL late on Tuesday, it was the first time I ever got around to the ranch, I loved it the goats were so cute and adorable. (even if they did try to feast on my pants/back pack). I really don't think that area would be big enough for EE. Maybe for like, A resturaunt or something reasonably small.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerplunk!
    I just got back from DL late on Tuesday, it was the first time I ever got around to the ranch, I loved it the goats were so cute and adorable. (even if they did try to feast on my pants/back pack). I really don't think that area would be big enough for EE. Maybe for like, A resturaunt or something reasonably small.
    Yes, the best restaurant in the park was located back there. The theming was great and the food was some of the best BBQ ever. BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!!!!!

• Grumpy old man

I'm all for Western River Expedition, Discovery Bay or the return of the BBQ place that I never got to eat at but it sounds really tasty.

• rebmeM roinuJ

well my #1 suggestion would be bringing back the BBQ also, but... i know this is kinda out there, but what about camping at disneyland!? i would do it in a heartbeat, going to sleep looking at the stars (kinda, smog and light polution though) in DISNEYLAND! i think it would be cool.

go ahead and "boo" me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    BRING BACK FESTIVAL OF FOOLS..
    They never left...they're now called "Disneyland Guests"
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    I could live with that! Woody's Round Up.
    I second that notion. I never ate at the BBQ place, so I don't know what I'm missing.

HOW ABOUT COMBINING THE TWO, like Blue Bayou and POTC? I think a smallish C- or D-ticket Woody's Roundup dark ride (designed to look like the show itself as "remembered" in Toy Story 2) would be very fun in that area, and if you had the seating area for the BBQ place within or near the loading area for the Roundup ride, it could provide for some fun atmosphere!

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan
    I second that notion. I never ate at the BBQ place, so I don't know what I'm missing.

HOW ABOUT COMBINING THE TWO, like Blue Bayou and POTC? I think a smallish C- or D-ticket Woody's Roundup dark ride (designed to look like the show itself as "remembered" in Toy Story 2) would be very fun in that area, and if you had the seating area for the BBQ place within or near the loading area for the Roundup ride, it could provide for some fun atmosphere!
    Hey, as long as the BBQ is part of the deal, I'm there!

• old skooler

well heres a wild idea maybe they could put a buzz lightyear type ride with woody as the star and maybe have stinky pete as the bad guy or make up a new one and have your vehicle can look like bullseye his horse the only thing is im not sure what u mite shoot at anyone have any ideas

• Sock Puppet

Heh Heh, ho ho, thunder ranch has got to go.

Heh heh, ho ho, thunder ranch has got to go.

But seriously it really is not that bad. Just be thankful it is not a tot lot. They need food, so bring back the BBQ. But I say build the Western River expediton there. But of course Disney would say no because it would be poltically incorrect.

• Minion

WRE build it and they will come..
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan

I second that. Even though I love petting zoos, the animals could easily move and that area could be turned into an attraction. The only thing is what type of dark ride could Disney do without having already done it a hundred times over? Another "go through the story of the movie" wouldn't work, though Woody's roundup might work, if they expanded on the idea.Maybe they'll tell us more when Toy Story 3 is released.

Personally, I say an outdoor line/barbecue combonation would be smart, say having the line go around the perimeter of the eating area, giving it a stable or barn type feel. Or have the exit line go around the food, to encourage people to go eat there.

The Big Thunder Ranch area has the potential to be a "themed" area that transitions guests from Fantasyland to Frontierland and serve as a place for that is a notch down on the scale of thrills. I thought it would be a great place to have the equivalent of a place for guests to pause and get something to eat (I'm not however, advocating for the Bar-B-Que) and sit down and relax a bit. The train goes by and, assuming a lot of the paving went away, it could be more of a "soft" area of surroundings.

I certainly don't think it needs to be one more high speed shock 'em ride. Disneyland is NOT WDW. If you want WDW go there, but don't make, or try to make Disneyland into that place.

• CA Lvr...TX H8r

I'd say a western themed rapids ride (yes like the grizzly river run). Make it like someone mentioned, Yellowstone style. I suppose space would be limited but it's a thought

• Neep meep beep

PLEASE think outside of the box. The "dark rides" in Disneyland are the lowest quality rides, where the Indiana Jones/Haunted Mansion/Pirates rides, are all high quality, unique (not movie ride throughs) rides that compel riders again and again. The BBQ concept is such a hit, that it's consistently a winner at Knotts, and at Legoland, both of which have all you can eat BBQ Ranch dining options with long lines.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast