Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Big Thunder Ranch needs to be gone!

How about this????

*Removing Big Thunder Ranch and adding another E ticket ride in its place! I vote for Expedition Everest!!!!! Would this be possible? Would Disney ever consider it? What other ride would you put there? Maybe call it something different.

• For old time sake

Re: Big Thunder Ranch needs to be gone!

based on pictures/video that I have seen, I wonder if the space is big enough for EE. My immediate guess would be no, but I have not been to AK to see the ride itself.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure how Expedition Everest would fit in thematically with that area. The link between the Matterhorn and Expedition Everest is too strong to do anything but make people wonder why have two of the same thing.

The area is prime real estate that could be developed. I like the concept art for Discovery Bay, but Frontierland expansion would be great too.

There is pretty much a thread on this topic already but I would personally like the see it return... it was my fave place to eat as a kid.

• FastPass n00b

Western River Expedition...Marc Davis-style western-themed Pirates of the Carribbean basically.

Why EE. Why not something new? Totally agree though. In a park that has a real problem with space, it doesnt seem to manage it very well. This has bothered me sice my first visit a few years ago. That, and how underwhelmed I was with Tomorrowland versus its WDW counterpart.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by halfbreed3614
    There is pretty much a thread on this topic already but I would personally like the see it return... it was my fave place to eat as a kid.
    I vote for Big Thunder BBQ to come back- best food in the history of the park!

Expedition Everest is OverKill.... If they build it there I am seriously going to be pissed
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

EE is too big. I just got back and EE takes up quite some realistate. And I agree that Matterhorn and Expedition is too close of a connection. I also agree on something new. I don't know about anymore mountains though... DL has covered every mountain possiable. Water, Space, Desert, Snow. That space really needs to be developed and used. I know it's just for private partys now. Just a large outdoor gazeebo. Kinda gay and not very Disney related. Oh! Oh! What about a Volcano? Or Kinda like Journey to the center of the earth but in a mine! "Dare to explore the Bottomless Mine of Catatrophy Canyon!" Or something like that.

Oh and just for the record that "Cartoon Wagon" that was outside of Big Thunder Ranch for a short period of time was a full scale replica from "Home on the Range" I thought it was fitting where they were trying so hard to incorperate that movie into Frontierland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchlvr
    Here Here!! Bring it back bring it back...
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchlvr
    I remember eating at night, all dark with the fires lit... it was soo much fun, i loved it!

• Animatronic

I would suggest a Yellow Stone themed "Volcano Mountain".

Aside from the Splash Mountain eyesore, Frontierland is about American Expansion and anything along the Rivers of America is in Frontierland. The super volcano under Yellow Stone represents the next great American expansion. When that sucker goes lava will likely be pouring into both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans!

Also, Big Thunder Ranch use to be the location of the painted Desert, which was loosely themed on Yellow Stone, so it would be a thematic homecoming for that location.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by halfbreed3614
    I remember eating at night, all dark with the fires lit... it was soo much fun, i loved it!
    i would love to do that. every time i walk by it i keep thinking it'd be cool if they reopened it. i love the outdoors and whats better than benches and dirt?

• The Purifier

July 4th weekend, we were at the petting zoo area by Big Thunder Ranch and the security officer there (10 year cast member) told us that the old Festival of Fools area is being used for private parties. He said that it has been very successful and that Disney is making bank on it.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh sure, let's stick in Expedition Everest when we already have the Matterhorn...add to the fact that Expedition Everest would no where be in theme with the area.

I don't think Disney will want to gut that area any time soon, as they use it for different events...but, I would love to see a new E-ticket placed in the area. I'm not so sure there's enough room for one, though...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast