Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy's queue?

• Minion

Indy's queue?

I never got to ride this when it first opened (My first ride was in 2002) so I have a question about the queue. Did any of the cool warnings ever work? like the step on a triangle and a rock or spike would move? I think it is hilarious when you pull on the rope in the room before the projection room and you hear that poor archeologist fall . So I was just wondering if they had any other cool little things in the queue that doesn't work any longer.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    The triangles never worked. There is a pole you shake in the spike room that will make a huge BOOM if you move it. That and then the rope in the well are the only things that ever worked. They used to have out little cards so you could decode the writings on the wall while you waited in line.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Reject no more!

It used to be that if you ignored the warning about leaning on the bamboo pole that held up the roof in the spike room, that the ceiling would quickly lower a few inches with a loud rumble. Most everyone would scream. That was great! I haven't seen it working for years now.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Disney fans for life!

We still have a few of those cards in our "Disney" display case (my old cureo cabinet).

• Reject no more!

Oops, Dramaqueen beat me to the spike room.

I also seem to remember bat noises in the cave area. Maybe because no one waits in line there anymore, they are just not as noticable.

And I remember when you had to wait outside next to the JC, not only would the lights dim and sputter timed to the whirring generator, but they had old-timey music warbling on in the background too. It was a great atmosphere!
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• the rum is always gone

the thing about the pole in the spike room is that you can shake it or spin it. Most people when they walk by just rotate it so it spins on it's axis. However, to make the effect work you have to SHAKE the pole not simply spin it. Often times it does break down as it is usually tampered with, but however, last time I was at DL (last year) it was working perfectly well, loud boom and all.

• Still lost in Neverland

THe Spike Room is also right under the RR traicks that the trains around Disneyland use. So if the timing is perfect, and you can pull the bamboo pole (and it's working) just as the train rumbles overhead, the effect is intense to say the least.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Official Mice Chat person

The spike room still works, the big boom and all. I was just there and it was up and working. I have never heard of this triangle thing in the line... Was that meant to do something?

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    The spike room still works, the big boom and all. I was just there and it was up and working. I have never heard of this triangle thing in the line... Was that meant to do something?

I'm pretty sure that was just meant to make people start stomping on the floor like idiots after seeing what messing with the pole did.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Minion

I think they're actually diamonds rather than triangles. They're carved into the floor in the hall after the spike room and have an "eye" in the middle of them. It's suggested that if you step on them, a pillar directly above will fall from the ceiling and squash you flat. However, it looks like Indy or some other explorers already came through and wedged some wooden shims in between the pillars and the surrounding ceiling, so that they can't fall on your head. Whew!

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    There actually were bat figurines in the bat caves hanging upside down, haven't seen them there in years.

I remember the light in the one small room you're in before walking down the long bamboo lined corridor next to J. Cruise was SO FRICKIN' BRIGHT for a while after it opened but that's been toned down significantly. Not sure if it was meant to be a warning per se but I remember on cold evenings steam would billow from this brighter than the sun light And on the wall as you exit this room on the right at eye level are the intials FW in that weird Disney made up language, I am assuming in tribute to Frank Wells who died shortly before Indy opened.

• Minion

Thanks to everyone for the info.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I'm pretty sure that was just meant to make people start stomping on the floor like idiots after seeing what messing with the pole did.
    Aha! guilty as charged! The first time I rode indy (before FP; might have been
    the first year it was up), I did try stomping on a couple! But did quickly
    notice that it didn't do anything....

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I also remember trying to jump up and down to see if anything happened, but that was back when they actually used the queue instead of sending people around it. I wish they would actually let people wait there again.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Official Mice Chat person

I heard the reason they don't let people wait there anymore is that they try to have as much people as possible outside the building. Having that much people inside was a fire hazzard. (Or so I'd been told)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast