Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    • Say no to Assimilation
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Where its hot hot hot!
    Posts
    918

    Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Has anyone stayed at either of these? Thanks!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill




  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO (pity me)
    Posts
    400

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    I just got back from a trip to DLR, and we stayed at the Holiday Inn At The Park. It was a great hotel; clean, efficient, friendly, and best of all, a 24 hour pool! The view of the fireworks at night is beautiful, and from the second floor you can see the Matterhorn.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    ________________________________________
    Disney/theme park Park Trips:
    Disneyland Anaheim: 1983, 1987, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2012
    Walt Disney World: 1997, 2007, 2010
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Oh man do not get me started on this place. ( holiday inn at the park) its awsome!!!! I loved every minute I stayed there. the shuttle of theres is always on time and the meals in the resturant are great, its clean and has a great pool to , and the staff there are inpecable.Go there, its farther up, but with the shuttle service and the price its so worth it. I will never stay any where else. the guys who drove the shuttle are so kind, and well this is the only motel for me. ( now if you hate it I will cry as I really loved it. I also gave it rave reviews on several boards. we went at the most busiest times of the year ( easter, and spring break and conventions, and we had the best treatment at this motel.

  4. #4

    • Say no to Assimilation
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Where its hot hot hot!
    Posts
    918

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Oh man do not get me started on this place. ( holiday inn at the park) its awsome!!!! I loved every minute I stayed there. the shuttle of theres is always on time and the meals in the resturant are great, its clean and has a great pool to , and the staff there are inpecable.Go there, its farther up, but with the shuttle service and the price its so worth it. I will never stay any where else. the guys who drove the shuttle are so kind, and well this is the only motel for me. ( now if you hate it I will cry as I really loved it. I also gave it rave reviews on several boards. we went at the most busiest times of the year ( easter, and spring break and conventions, and we had the best treatment at this motel.
    SOLD!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill




  5. #5

    • Jail Bondswoman of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    8,786
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Okay since we are talking about this, where is the Holiday in at the park?

    I would look at the internet hotel sites but why not aske people who have been there.

    Are the corridors interior or exterior, we have a family memeber that is afraid of heights. And can someone with a walking cane get around it easy.
    My parents aren't going to DL but how much is the shuttle and is it ART? Cause they want us(my sister and I) to walk to DL. It's not a problem for me (I walked from the Marriott to DL this year and last.) but I'm worried about my sister.

    Thank you.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup
    Okay since we are talking about this, where is the Holiday in at the park?

    I would look at the internet hotel sites but why not aske people who have been there.

    Are the corridors interior or exterior, we have a family memeber that is afraid of heights. And can someone with a walking cane get around it easy.
    My parents aren't going to DL but how much is the shuttle and is it ART? Cause they want us(my sister and I) to walk to DL. It's not a problem for me (I walked from the Marriott to DL this year and last.) but I'm worried about my sister.

    Thank you.
    Let me tell you about the place.
    but here is the web page for the motel
    Some say its no good, but I found it to be wonderful. its up harbor past the howard Johnsons. it has a real nice pool, and the loby is very cool and comfortable. I think what sold me on this place is not the looks, though they were nice. But it was the staff, and how very nice they were. They tried hard to please me, and the shuttle was awsome. you have to pat 2.00 a day to take the shuttle back and forth, but you can go back and forth as much as you want in that 24 hour period. It was always on time, and I did not have to ride the art and make so many stops to all the motels just to get to mine. +
    Here is some tips though you may want to remember. there is no refridgerators in the rooms, you must request them early ( I sugest as soon as you can) and the little sotre down stairs is quit high priced. I stayed at the carousel, and another one across the street from the park, they did not compare to this place .
    I hope you like it as much as I did,

  7. #7

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup
    Okay since we are talking about this, where is the Holiday in at the park?

    I would look at the internet hotel sites but why not aske people who have been there.

    Are the corridors interior or exterior, we have a family memeber that is afraid of heights. And can someone with a walking cane get around it easy.
    My parents aren't going to DL but how much is the shuttle and is it ART? Cause they want us(my sister and I) to walk to DL. It's not a problem for me (I walked from the Marriott to DL this year and last.) but I'm worried about my sister.

    Thank you.
    I stayed at the holiday inn at the park a few years before I moved here to so cal.. I loved it... i really did.. the pool is great and the staf is friendly.... we watched the firweorks a few nights from the hallways (which is outside.) nice change if we were at the hotel instead of the park by then.. and they have a shuttle that was great as well

    Friends for life

  8. #8

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup
    Okay since we are talking about this, where is the Holiday in at the park?

    I would look at the internet hotel sites but why not aske people who have been there.

    Are the corridors interior or exterior, we have a family memeber that is afraid of heights. And can someone with a walking cane get around it easy.
    My parents aren't going to DL but how much is the shuttle and is it ART? Cause they want us(my sister and I) to walk to DL. It's not a problem for me (I walked from the Marriott to DL this year and last.) but I'm worried about my sister.

    Thank you.
    hallways are exterior.. but I love that feature.. glass elevator from what I remember

    Friends for life

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    yes, exterior, and you can reserve a lower floor to. it does have the glass elevator
    its up a ways from the park, but I have seen people walk it .

  10. #10

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    yes, exterior, and you can reserve a lower floor to. it does have the glass elevator
    its up a ways from the park, but I have seen people walk it .
    I remember once when the fireworks were goin g on.. our elevator completley stopped until the firweorks were over with.. I love that

    Friends for life

  11. #11

    • Jail Bondswoman of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    8,786
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Holiday Inn At the Park or Anaheim Maingate?

    Great thank you, I'll talk this over with my mom.

Similar Threads

  1. Review of Holiday Inn and Suites Anaheim
    By Goin2DL in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:51 AM
  2. Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim vs Park Vue Inn
    By letitsnow in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
  3. Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort
    By pratt55 in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
  5. Park Inn Anaheim..anyone stayed there?
    By Sosai X in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •