Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Ok--- can anyone explain the origins of this "Frozen Walt head" thingie?

So many jokes about the Noggin of Walt that I just had to ask... why? Where? Who? --- I don;t even think it is funny!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Ok--- can anyone explain the origins of this "Frozen Walt head" thingie?

It's people in desperation. Just like when Elvis died, everyone claimed that they saw him at the local Burger King. Come on.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/frozen.htm#add

check out the History of 'frozen Disney' rumor at the bottom of the page, but I'll forewarn you it's a pretty lengthy read.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Ok--- can anyone explain the origins of this "Frozen Walt head" thingie?

Wow ---- you know... I think you hit the nail right on the head there!

So I wonder why we all laugh at Elvis Impersonators but cringe at a Walt one.... hummmm..... (rubbing my frozen noggin)

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Thanks jimmay for the link. That was interesting reading. Thanks Beatle johnny for bringing up the subject. I have often wondered that myself and tend to get mad when people joke about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I heard that when Walt was dying, he was interested in being Frozen but the technology was not available then. That is how the rumors started. But he was Cremated and his ashes are in a Glendale Cemetary if I am correct.

my dad said it was a rumor that spread when he died cuz before he died he was researching alot about "freezing" the body chriogenically or something like that, but it was just a rumor that surfaced in the 70's an still lurks around from time to time. i beleived it for a while myself. cuz remeber "anything is possible at disneyland"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Thanks for the link jimmay.

I think the only way we'd be able to get Walt back would be to time travel, and well, we're not quite there yet. lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They have an inside joke to the Frozen Walt thing on one of the opening credits to the Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" shows.

• Minion

Theres a funny mad tv skit called "The Disneyland Scandal", all these bad things happen at DL, its really funny. A character takes off its head in front of a family telling them to go away, its dangerous here, and you see a lazer sniper dot going on his head, he falls to the ground and Tweedle Dee and Dum come out dancing and dragging the body away, while a parade of singing people comes along and distracts the other guests, its Hilarious!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    So many jokes about the Noggin of Walt that I just had to ask... why? Where? Who? --- I don;t even think it is funny!
    One word. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• The one, the only...

Just to clarify a few things by someone who was alive when Walt died. Yes, there was cryogenic technology then. It was discussed openly in the public. When Walt died it was a shock to most who did not even know he was sick. Walt himself did not want the information about his sickness to get out because he was worried the stock price would plummet. People heard the news he was sick and then two weeks later, he was dead. It came so fast that within a few weeks of his death, tabloids ran a story saying he was frozen. People believed it because they could not believe he was dead. People also knew that Walt loved technology and would certainly have taken a risk of cryogenics if there was no chance he would survive cancer. It was compounded by the fact that the Disney family had a small private funeral and then cremated the body. No one saw the casket. No one saw a funeral. So the public was quick to attach itself to the belief that Walt was just asleep somewhere and would one day be alive again.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Monorail Racer

Used to get questions from guests all the time at WDW in the 90s, asking if they were allowed to go upstairs in the castle and see Walt's frozen body or head. Asking the question quite seriously, too.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Used to get questions from guests all the time at WDW in the 90s, asking if they were allowed to go upstairs in the castle and see Walt's frozen body or head. Asking the question quite seriously, too.
    Wow, I don't know which is more disturbing...the fact that they believed the rumor or that they actually wanted to go up and see a frozen Walt Disney.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Thanks for the link jimmay.

I think the only way we'd be able to get Walt back would be to time travel, and well, we're not quite there yet. lol
    I was going to say in the future cloning would be a way to bring him back, but since he was cremated there's really no DNA samples we could use. The other thing is that Walt lived in a different era and the experiences shape a person MUCH more than their DNA. Since there is no WWI to drive an ambulence or steam trains running anymore, Walt Disney would be a very, very different person if he was brought back through cloning. But yeah, even if the technology DID exist to bring him back, we should let him keep his dignity and let him remain an American icon instead of trying to rekindle the past by bringing back a shadow of the real man.

You know what's weird is that the technology to bring back a lost pet not only exists, there's a company that will do it for you for $50,000. Frankly, I'd find it a little bit creepy if my dead pets were suddenly alive and walking around since these are not just look-alikes, they literally ARE the dead pet right down to their DNA. But cloning is no longer science fiction for animals, it's a commercial business now. It's only a matter of time until humans are brought back but thankfully Walt didn't leave any DNA for people to clone.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 07-14-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast