Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Go to the top of the screen and click on the FAQ header. It's all explained there.

• Minion

If I could, I would make a 2x5 Rod, new tracks (to support them) and show elements in parts that it goes inside buildings. In those parts, the ride would be slow to show off the elements. But once it gets outside.... Also, there would be an "AI" voice that would be similar to the old tour guide they had in the PM. But more in the fun style of Star Tours.

Its possible that this was once the original concept, but due to budget things got axed real fast. I would LIKE for them to try again, but with a full budget from our good old pal Matt O.

• Santa Barbara, CA

The original concept was to have competing rocket motorcycles, like jet choppers. that was not feasable so they took the GM test track cars and made them kinda almost work on the track. the wheelie came from the bike idea. whatever.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I miss them and the sound and motion they added to Tomorrowland.
    Remember that sound?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic
    I miss them and the sound and motion they added to Tomorrowland.
    Remember that sound?
    I still think they should redo the rocket rods with the problems fixed. Those noises were awesome that came from the rods.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I remember the sound of the Rods. While it did somewhat detract from some things in TL (like Star Tours queue) overall I loved it. They added alot of atmosphere to TL.

• Official Mice Chat person

Oh, the sounds were awsome! Those rockets wizzing around up above was so cool.

^^Great Idea gibbage!

• Looking for Love

If they do bring back the rods, where will they put the queue? There is still the little bit that goes underground in order to get to the center, but what about the rest of the queue....what would be the best way to handle that and where could they put it? Purhapse get rid of all the old tmw land science lab stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    If they do bring back the rods, where will they put the queue? There is still the little bit that goes underground in order to get to the center, but what about the rest of the queue....what would be the best way to handle that and where could they put it? Purhapse get rid of all the old tmw land science lab stuff?
    Hmm... Good thought... Maybe they could destoy club buzz stage. Have a bunch of Silver/Chrome futuristic handrail switchbacks, that could fill the entire stage. Then You would go down some stairs underground and connect with the old rocket rods queue and go up from there. Just at thought... :confused:

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    But wouldnt people complain if the queue was kinda just switchbacks, outdoors, in the hot sun?

True, true. They could have a bunch of silver pannels above the heads of the guests, (think of the soarin' outdoor queue, but far more futuristic and themed with tomorrowland) And maybe even some Plazma TV's to keep people entertained while waiting. Once the guests are underground there could be much much more things to get them 'excited' for the ride.

• Still lost in Neverland

Well, you can take this bit of information however you please. Shortly after Rocket Rods opened I was talking to Tony Baxter about the whole mess as it turned out a lot different than he told me it was going to be. He said that thanks to Paul P's constant cost cutting manouvers, the ride was a total disaster from the day it opened. No money to shore up the struts and support beams that where never meant to carry this much wieght or speed. No electronic effect in the Dark Tunnels that would have mirrors and black light effects to change the appearance of the rods in the mirrors. None of the special lighting that would have allowed the cars to change color and other neat stuff while outside in the main walk area of Tomorrowland. Money cut so that proper painting was not done on the tunnele entrances and exits.

Was Tony dissapointed by this. Yes, and he let it be known to all who would listen, including a tour that was given to studio brass before the ride opened, and one of them noticed the unfinished paint on the tunnels exits and asked why. She was told. Now Tony has a much reduced position at Imagineering. That's the thanks he got for speaking out against Pressler's way of doing things.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Urrrrggggggggggggg........ That story makes me so mad... To think Tomorrowland could have an awsome E-Ticket that's fun and popular with awsome effects.

You can put something together with duck tape for less money, but it wont last. If you spend extra money and use nails you have something that will last for years and years to come.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    But wouldnt people complain if the queue was kinda just switchbacks, outdoors, in the hot sun?
    That was not one of her better ideas...
    How about the STARCADE goes away (put it at the Disneyland Hotel) and the two story area is opened up, with a long gently curving ramp that takes you from ground floor up to the second floor, and continues overhead to the platform to get on the NEW RODS. Then the tunnel under tomorrowland can remain off limits, it was a terrible place to put a queue people ! ! !

Leave it to bring t shirts to the shops or other stocking.

Anyways, besides building a proper track and proper ride vehicle there needs to be a real substantive SHOW along the way or at least explain your'e previewing the other TL attractions. It needs to be tied together.

Finally, thie queue, described above, could be themed really cool. The old Rocket Rods movie was fun to watch but it got old let's face it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    That was not one of her better ideas...

Who's Idea? Mine? You've got a gender mix up. (if I took your post right)

But anyways... I love your idea of having the starcade as the line. And I really like the idea of having the platforms connect from the starcade to the new rods.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast